General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 02:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:

So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 03:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,256
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On May 30, 8:46*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:



So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? *Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"


LOL - I didn't even notice the "of" until "it's" raised its ugly
head.

N.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 03:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7
Default Seems the meat glue demon may of raised it's ugly head again

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:18:00 -0500, Stu wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:46:15 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:

So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in cling
wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow who
answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I knew
about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going to call
their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know right
away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
might of raised it's ugly head again"


Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage princess, tough
shit. Perhaps "may" would of been a more appropriate word, what's your
opinion?


"It seems that the meat glue might have raised its ugly head again."

Also:

"Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage, Princess?
Tough Shit.
Perhaps 'may' would have been a more appropriate word. What's your
opinion?"

Along with the apostrophe error, I believe the bigger issue is
misspelling the contraction for "would have" as "would of" instead of
"would've".

I am sure that this is what you meant, and you were so upset by the glued
meat that you were writing in haste. It happens to the best of us.

-J



--
(remove underscores to reply via email)
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 05:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,481
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On May 30, 8:46*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:



So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? *Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"


It's painful to read, no?

I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
write beautifully.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 03:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,407
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On 31/05/2011 10:46 PM, Stu wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:30:25 -0700 (PDT), projectile vomit chick
wrote:

On May 30, 8:46 pm, wrote:
On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:



So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"


It's painful to read, no?

I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
write beautifully.


You have friends???


Nah, he just knows people!

Krypsis



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 03:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:30:25 -0700, projectile vomit chick wrote:

On May 30, 8:46*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:



So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in
cling wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow
who answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I
knew about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going
to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know
right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? *Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
might of raised it's ugly head again"


It's painful to read, no?

I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
write beautifully.


I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. It is very
unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
anymore. I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution.
My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either, but some of these kids in
my classes (all early to mid 20s) make our old pseudo-Australian troll
Andy look like a master of writing.

*grumbles to self also about Gen Y narcissism and poor attitudes, tells
kids to get off his lawn*

-J



--
(remove underscores to reply via email)
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 08:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,590
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On May 31, 10:45*am, /dev/phaeton wrote:

I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. *It is very
unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
anymore. *I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution. *
My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either,


No, they aren't.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. With a setup like that, it'd be a sin
not to play up your subject-verb disagreement.

Cindy Hamilton
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On 5/31/2011 12:30 AM, projectile vomit chick wrote:
On May 30, 8:46 pm, wrote:
On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:



So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.


Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"


It's painful to read, no?

I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
write beautifully.


I'm not usually the grammar police but it just struck me the wrong way
at the wrong time. Any other time and it's ignored. lol
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 433
Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On May 31, 2:40*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 31, 10:45*am, /dev/phaeton wrote:

I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. *It is very
unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
anymore. *I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution. *
My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either,


No, they aren't.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. *With a setup like that, it'd be a sin
not to play up your subject-verb disagreement.

Cindy Hamilton


Indeed you are correct. My mistake!

-J


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more bad news about meat glue and red meat in general sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 15-03-2012 12:39 PM
Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 04-06-2011 11:22 AM
Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 03-06-2011 04:06 AM
Meat Glue? Lou Decruss General Cooking 44 17-04-2011 07:03 PM
Amazon Spiegelau deal rears ugly l'ttl head again Wine 2 02-12-2003 12:31 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017