Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:

> So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
> were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
> cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
> steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
> glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
> I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
> seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
> use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
> I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
"Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 8:46*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>

> > So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
> > were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
> > cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
> > steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
> > glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
> > I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
> > seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
> > use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
> > I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

> Is that how you Canadian's write? *Or just you.
> "Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"

LOL - I didn't even notice the "of" until "it's" raised its ugly
head.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seems the meat glue demon may of raised it's ugly head again

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:18:00 -0500, Stu wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:46:15 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>>On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>>>
>>> So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
>>> steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
>>> so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
>>> unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
>>> looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in cling
>>> wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow who
>>> answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I knew
>>> about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going to call
>>> their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know right
>>> away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.
>>>

>>Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
>>might of raised it's ugly head again"

> Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage princess, tough
> shit. Perhaps "may" would of been a more appropriate word, what's your
> opinion?

"It seems that the meat glue might have raised its ugly head again."

Also:

"Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage, Princess?
Tough Shit.
Perhaps 'may' would have been a more appropriate word. What's your
opinion?"

Along with the apostrophe error, I believe the bigger issue is
misspelling the contraction for "would have" as "would of" instead of
"would've".

I am sure that this is what you meant, and you were so upset by the glued
meat that you were writing in haste. It happens to the best of us.

-J

--
(remove underscores to reply via email)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 8:46*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>

> > So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
> > were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
> > cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
> > steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
> > glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
> > I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
> > seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
> > use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
> > I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

> Is that how you Canadian's write? *Or just you.
> "Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"

It's painful to read, no?

I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
write beautifully.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/05/2011 10:46 PM, Stu wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:30:25 -0700 (PDT), projectile vomit chick
> > wrote:

>>> Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
>>> "Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"

>> It's painful to read, no?
>>
>> I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
>> write beautifully.

> You have friends???

Nah, he just knows people!

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:30:25 -0700, projectile vomit chick wrote:

> On May 30, 8:46Â*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
>> On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>>

>> > So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
>> > steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
>> > so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
>> > unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
>> > looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in
>> > cling wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow
>> > who answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I
>> > knew about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going
>> > to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know
>> > right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

>> Is that how you Canadian's write? Â*Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
>> might of raised it's ugly head again"

> It's painful to read, no?
>
> I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
> write beautifully.

I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. It is very
unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
anymore. I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution.
My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either, but some of these kids in
my classes (all early to mid 20s) make our old pseudo-Australian troll
Andy look like a master of writing.

*grumbles to self also about Gen Y narcissism and poor attitudes, tells
kids to get off his lawn*

-J

--
(remove underscores to reply via email)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 10:45*am, /dev/phaeton > wrote:

> I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. *It is very
> unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
> speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
> anymore. *I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
> means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution. *
> My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either,

No, they aren't.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. With a setup like that, it'd be a sin
not to play up your subject-verb disagreement.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2011 12:30 AM, projectile vomit chick wrote:
> On May 30, 8:46 pm, > wrote:
>> On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>>

>>> So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut steaks, we
>>> were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance so we decided to
>>> cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I unwrapped the package, one
>>> steak that looked yummy and the other looked like one of the steaks in the meat
>>> glue video (wrapped in cling wrap to hold it's shape).
>>> I called Safeway and asked the fellow who answered in the meat department,
>>> seems he was surprised that I knew about the meat glue product, but denied they
>>> use it. I'm going to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them.
>>> I'll know right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

>> Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you.
>> "Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again"

> It's painful to read, no?
>
> I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
> write beautifully.

I'm not usually the grammar police but it just struck me the wrong way
at the wrong time. Any other time and it's ignored. lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 2:40*pm, Cindy Hamilton >
wrote:
> On May 31, 10:45*am, /dev/phaeton > wrote:
>
> > I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. *It is very
> > unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
> > speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
> > anymore. *I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
> > means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution. *
> > My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either,

> No, they aren't.
>
> Sorry, I just couldn't resist. *With a setup like that, it'd be a sin
> not to play up your subject-verb disagreement.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Indeed you are correct. My mistake!

-J