Posted to rec.food.cooking
/dev/phaeton[_2_] /dev/phaeton[_2_] is offline

Default Seems the meat glue demon may of raised it's ugly head again

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:18:00 -0500, Stu wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:46:15 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>>On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>>>
>>> So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
>>> steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
>>> so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
>>> unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
>>> looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in cling
>>> wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow who
>>> answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I knew
>>> about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going to call
>>> their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know right
>>> away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.
>>>

>>Is that how you Canadian's write? Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
>>might of raised it's ugly head again"

> Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage princess, tough
> shit. Perhaps "may" would of been a more appropriate word, what's your
> opinion?

"It seems that the meat glue might have raised its ugly head again."

Also:

"Did I offend your sensibilities with that word slippage, Princess?
Tough Shit.
Perhaps 'may' would have been a more appropriate word. What's your
opinion?"

Along with the apostrophe error, I believe the bigger issue is
misspelling the contraction for "would have" as "would of" instead of
"would've".

I am sure that this is what you meant, and you were so upset by the glued
meat that you were writing in haste. It happens to the best of us.

-J

--
(remove underscores to reply via email)