Posted to rec.food.cooking
/dev/phaeton[_2_] /dev/phaeton[_2_] is offline

Default Seems the meat glue might of raised it's ugly head again

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:30:25 -0700, projectile vomit chick wrote:

> On May 30, 8:46Â*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
>> On 5/30/2011 7:51 PM, Stu wrote:
>>

>> > So I went to Safeway on Saturday and picked up some baseball cut
>> > steaks, we were hoping it was going to be nice tomorrow but no chance
>> > so we decided to cooked up two tonight. Guess what I found when I
>> > unwrapped the package, one steak that looked yummy and the other
>> > looked like one of the steaks in the meat glue video (wrapped in
>> > cling wrap to hold it's shape). I called Safeway and asked the fellow
>> > who answered in the meat department, seems he was surprised that I
>> > knew about the meat glue product, but denied they use it. I'm going
>> > to call their head office in Calgary tomorrow and ask them. I'll know
>> > right away if they start hedging or going on the defensive quickly.

>> Is that how you Canadian's write? Â*Or just you. "Seems the meat glue
>> might of raised it's ugly head again"

> It's painful to read, no?
>
> I think it's just Stu. I have a couple of Canadian pen pals and they
> write beautifully.

I always judge spelling and grammar on a case-by-case basis. It is very
unfortunate, however, that there is such a pandemic of native English
speakers who can't spell or write grammatically correct sentences
anymore. I always dread doing group assignments in college, because it
means I have to proofread and/or rewrite everyone else's contribution.
My spelling and grammar isn't perfect either, but some of these kids in
my classes (all early to mid 20s) make our old pseudo-Australian troll
Andy look like a master of writing.

*grumbles to self also about Gen Y narcissism and poor attitudes, tells
kids to get off his lawn*

-J

--
(remove underscores to reply via email)