Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dangerous Duo In San Diego

So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--
"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,if the wine had been as old
as the turkey,and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,

it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in
:

> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Are you going to Dobsons because it's a "high-powered, hobnob spot"??? ;-)

I like the music on the page.....

http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/home

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I hope no one dramatically chases you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:50:24 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
>in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
>the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
>photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
>Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
>of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
>District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
>http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
>Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
>couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I am soooo jealous!

Have a wonderful time.

Oh - are you learning to make chocolates or learning to make
chocolate....I can handle the former a bit, but the latter would be a
very interesting and new skill set to have.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 23:00:50 GMT, Aussie
> arranged random neurons and
opined:

>Are you going to Dobsons because it's a "high-powered, hobnob spot"??? ;-)

Nope - we went because the bartender has a weak wrist. The oysters on
the half shell were also amazing and Koko tried to embarrass me by
slurping the bowl of mussel bisque. And the salmon appetizer
disappeared in about 5 seconds flat

>I like the music on the page.....
>
>http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/home

I liked in *spite* of the music. I generally find music on a given
website annoying.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--
"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,if the wine had been as old
as the turkey,and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,

it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron wrote:

> Oh - are you learning to make chocolates or learning to make
> chocolate....I can handle the former a bit, but the latter would be a
> very interesting and new skill set to have.

Don't you need conching equipment for the latter? I think that would be a
pretty serious investment.

Bob, remembering a Scharffen-Berger documentary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:14:57 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Boron wrote:
>
>> Oh - are you learning to make chocolates or learning to make
>> chocolate....I can handle the former a bit, but the latter would be a
>> very interesting and new skill set to have.

>Don't you need conching equipment for the latter? I think that would be a
>pretty serious investment.
>
>Bob, remembering a Scharffen-Berger documentary

I know nothing at all about making chocolate, but instructions about
easily making it at home are all over the net, including a video by
John Scharffenberger.

http://www.allchocolate.com/cooking/making_chocolate/

My husband went to school with Sharffenberger....they were obviously
not so well aquatinted that it has done me a damn bit of good
chocolate-wise, however.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!

<sigh> It's ok for some........

Jealous O although I am expecting Boron and Barb to turn up at my door at
some point
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:04:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
.. .
>> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
>> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
>> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
>> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
>> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
>> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
>> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
>> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
>> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
>> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!

><sigh> It's ok for some........
>
>Jealous O although I am expecting Boron and Barb to turn up at my door at
>some point
>--

This is a most intriguing idea.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

That sounds like a very nice kind of danger. The only thing
missing is a trip to a cookbook store.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:04:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> So, for the three people who may have missed the memo, Koko and I are
>>> in San Diego, ostensibly to attend a chocolate making class. We had
>>> the first class last night (please visit Koko's blog tomorrow for a
>>> photographic memorial of our classes). We are now ensconced at the
>>> Westgate Hotel in downtown SD with a view-ish (between the buildings)
>>> of the bay and mere steps away from Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp
>>> District. We are going for an early dinner at Dobson's
>>> http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.com/ and then zipping back out to El
>>> Cajon for second class, then hope we have enough steam to have a
>>> couple of drinks in the Gaslamp District. Fun Girl's Day Out!

>><sigh> It's ok for some........
>>
>>Jealous O although I am expecting Boron and Barb to turn up at my door at
>>some point
>>--

> This is a most intriguing idea.

Please do keep it in mind.... Bonny Scotland awaits....)

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:49:27 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:04:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>><sigh> It's ok for some........
>>>
>>>Jealous O although I am expecting Boron and Barb to turn up at my door at
>>>some point
>>>--

>> This is a most intriguing idea.

>Please do keep it in mind.... Bonny Scotland awaits....)
>
>--

I hear you are trying to give Barb a run for the-worst-winter-ever
over there. A poster from another group I frequent and who lives near
Edinburgh says it is the worst they've had in decades. How is it by
you?

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:49:27 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
. ..

m...

>>> This is a most intriguing idea.

>>Please do keep it in mind.... Bonny Scotland awaits....)
>>
>>--

> I hear you are trying to give Barb a run for the-worst-winter-ever
> over there. A poster from another group I frequent and who lives near
> Edinburgh says it is the worst they've had in decades. How is it by
> you?

Yep, the same. I am not far from Edinburgh.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

This looks dangerous!!! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 16 20-01-2014 07:38 PM
Dangerous Grounds Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 17 18-11-2012 02:23 AM
OT Dangerous Dimitri General Cooking 75 08-03-2010 11:04 PM
Are microwaves really that dangerous?!?! [email protected] General Cooking 16 06-06-2007 10:03 PM
will work for you for free in San Diego to learn taco making business in San Diego Mark Cooking Equipment 0 18-06-2006 03:57 PM