Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Dangerous

Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson which
they recorded.

You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.

This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> which they recorded.
>
> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
a pair of Klein pliers.

Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 2:29*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson which
> they recorded.
>
> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

I was singing in the shower one time, and my husband rushed in to
see if I had been injured--he couldn't figure out why else I'd be
screaming.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve B wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> which they recorded.
>>
>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>
>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.

And pick up the tempo. It is not a funeral dirge.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 12:06*pm, "Steve B" > wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> > which they recorded.

> > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.

> > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>
> Steve

You got that right!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 2:06*pm, "Steve B" > wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> > which they recorded.

> > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.

> > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>
> Steve

I've always hated that too. The word glare in "Rocket's red glare" was
never intended to vibrate across different notes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:06:58 -0800, "Steve B"
> wrote:

>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> which they recorded.
>>
>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>
>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

>I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
>looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
>a pair of Klein pliers.
>
>Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>
>Steve

And they wear clown hats to inaugurations. Who knows what song the
cow was belting out?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 3:06*pm, "Steve B" > wrote:

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.

What about those WHITE female singers? Would a Roseann repeat please
you more?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Feb 24, 3:06 pm, "Steve B" > wrote:

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple
> with
> a pair of Klein pliers.

>What about those WHITE female singers? Would a Roseann repeat please
>you more?

I recall having a faint urge to slap Joni Mitchell back in the day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> which they recorded.
>
> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

This is why I do not sing in the shower. I will dance, but then I am
alone and nobody sees it. At least, most of the time. ;-)

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> which they recorded.
>
> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

Where are you sleeping tonight?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> which they recorded.
>>
>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>
>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> This is why I do not sing in the shower. I will dance, but then I am
> alone and nobody sees it. At least, most of the time. ;-)
>

> Becca

Humorous story: FBS was 6...taking a shower, boom pow crash, lots of
crying....swollen ankle. Rush the rugrat to the emergency room. Lots of
cajoling and questioning to get him to own up what he was doing to fall and
do that much damage (torn ligament). He says he was 'moonwalking'.....the
doctor asks: "Did you learn anything from this?" In all his 6 year old
seriousness, he answers: Not 'I shouldn't be playing/dancing/clowing around
in the tub' or 'I should be more careful when I am in the shower' but "Yes,
I can't dance like Michael Jackson".
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> which they recorded.
>>
>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>
>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.
>>

> Where are you sleeping tonight?
>

> gloria p

I'd say the doghouse.
-g

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 2:56*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Kalmia" > wrote in message

> On Feb 24, 3:06 pm, "Steve B" > wrote:
>
> > I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> > female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> > looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple
> > with
> > a pair of Klein pliers.
> >What about those WHITE female singers? *Would a *Roseann repeat please
> >you more?

> I recall having a faint urge to slap Joni Mitchell back in the day.

I had an urge for Joni and it wasn't slapping!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Plenty of White folks **** it up too.

> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.

I could not agree more, and I'm not even particularly patriotic. That
is one beautiful melody.

> Steve

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:29:32 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson which
>they recorded.
>
>You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
>This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

Big D: In a fit of grandmotherly insanity, I started our 7 year old
granddaughter on piano lessons. I figured, I suffered through 14 years
of piano lessons, she oughta suffer, too. I did *not* take into
consideration that I was making my poor mother suffer along with me as
I mangled one composer's work after another. What I also did not take
into consideration was it was likely an improvement over endless
repetitions of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and "Ode to Joy."

iPods are a wonderous invention at such times.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> Humorous story: FBS was 6...taking a shower, boom pow crash, lots of
> crying....swollen ankle. Rush the rugrat to the emergency room. Lots of
> cajoling and questioning to get him to own up what he was doing to fall and
> do that much damage (torn ligament). He says he was 'moonwalking'.....the
> doctor asks: "Did you learn anything from this?" In all his 6 year old
> seriousness, he answers: Not 'I shouldn't be playing/dancing/clowing around
> in the tub' or 'I should be more careful when I am in the shower' but "Yes,
> I can't dance like Michael Jackson".
> -ginny

Hah! I will confess that I can't dance like Beyonce. Thanks for the
story, that was too funny.

Becca

ObFood:

Fresh Spinach & Strawberry Salad

Poppy seed dressing:
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup chopped green onions
1 tsp. salt
2 tsps. dry mustard
2/3 cup olive oil
12 ozs. chicken broth

Salad:
3 Tbsps. poppy seeds
1 cup chopped pecans
2 pkgs. fresh spinach
3/4 cup sliced celery
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries

Mix vinegar, sugar, green onions, salt, dry mustard, olive oil and
chicken broth in a blender. Pulse until well blended. Stir in poppy
seeds. Mix pecans, spinach, celery and strawberries. Toss with dressing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:06:58 -0800, "Steve B"
> wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> > which they recorded.
> >
> > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
> >
> > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.

I can't stand the way any pop singer sings the national anthem. They
haven't sung it since they were in grade school and they've not only
forgotten the words (gawd forbid they should refresh their memories
before showtime), they've forgotten the tune as well. Well, to be
honest their range is probably two notes and that song spans an octave
and a half.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:53:09 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> Would a Roseann repeat please you more?

With the exception of that full moon, yes.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Feb 24, 3:06 pm, "Steve B" > wrote:

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple
> with
> a pair of Klein pliers.

What about those WHITE female singers? Would a Roseann repeat please
you more?

reply: Roseanne was a one time thing. These others are very common. And
Roseanne was not a singer. Whoever came up with that idea deserves to lose
his office pass key.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:06:58 -0800, "Steve B"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> > which they recorded.
>> >
>> > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>> >
>> > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

>> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're
>> either
>> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple
>> with
>> a pair of Klein pliers.
>>
>> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>>

> I can't stand the way any pop singer sings the national anthem. They
> haven't sung it since they were in grade school and they've not only
> forgotten the words (gawd forbid they should refresh their memories
> before showtime), they've forgotten the tune as well. Well, to be
> honest their range is probably two notes and that song spans an octave
> and a half.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I think some of my favorites are like twelve year olds who have a good
voice. They STRIVE to get it just like it's supposed to be. Some I have
seen are amazing. Reba McIntyre did one when she was about sixteen at a
rodeo that brought down the house, and got a lot of record people interested
in her. She was in a barrel racing event afterward.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
On Feb 24, 2:29 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> which
> they recorded.
>
> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>
> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

I was singing in the shower one time, and my husband rushed in to
see if I had been injured--he couldn't figure out why else I'd be
screaming.

Cindy Hamilton

reply: We rescued a dog about a month ago. Cute little poodle terrier mix.
When we got to the front office, a quonset hut that was sealed, the dog
started screaming, and I mean like those ice pick in the ear screams only a
four year old can do. People looked like their heads were going to explode
like on Mars Attacks when they explode to Slim Whitman music. My wife took
her to the car while I finished the paperwork. I was having serious second
thoughts, but they gave a week guarantee return. She got home, and we have
a Corgi. The corgi was outside barking, and Lucy barked, sounding exactly
like the corgi. I think Buddy taught her how to bark. She whines a little
when really excited, but now barks regularly. It is very similar to the
corgi's bark, which I compare to popping balloons.

Her squealing sounded like you were pulling out her toenails.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "gloria.p" > wrote in message
>> Dimitri wrote:
>>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>>> which they recorded.
>>>
>>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>>
>>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.
>>>

>> Where are you sleeping tonight?
>>

>> gloria p

> I'd say the doghouse.
> -g

See if you can find a cat house.

groan

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:53:17 -0800, "Steve B"
> wrote:

> See if you can find a cat house.
>
> groan

LOL

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Steve B" > wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> > which they recorded.
> >
> > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
> >
> > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>
> Steve

I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 6:35*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *"Steve B" > wrote:
>

> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > > Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
> > > which they recorded.

> > > You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.

> > > This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> > I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> > female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> > looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> > a pair of Klein pliers.

> > Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.

> > Steve

> I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
> the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.

Since almost everyone agrees about that, and we're probable not a
terribly unrepresentative sample, might I suggest that we all commit
ourselves to at least *trying* to muster up the nerve to "boo" such
renditions? I will.

> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2010 7:35 AM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> "Steve > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>>> which they recorded.
>>>
>>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>>
>>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

>> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
>> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
>> a pair of Klein pliers.
>>
>> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>>
>> Steve

> I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
> the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.

I think it is because they are so clueless they think they are just
singing a song and don't realize what it means. Maybe because popular
culture that performers favor says the US is rotten and all of that....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:
> On 2/25/2010 7:35 AM, Omelet wrote:

>>> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>>> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're
>>> either
>>> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her
>>> nipple with
>>> a pair of Klein pliers.
>>>
>>> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>>>
>>> Steve

>> I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
>> the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.

> I think it is because they are so clueless they think they are just
> singing a song and don't realize what it means. Maybe because popular
> culture that performers favor says the US is rotten and all of that....

It's not just performers that think that, a large number of politicians
feel the same way and that THEY have got to save the rest of us from
ourselves. A pox on all their houses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> On Feb 25, 6:35 am, Omelet > wrote:
>> In article >,

>>> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>>> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
>>> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
>>> a pair of Klein pliers.
>>> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>>> Steve

>> I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
>> the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.

> Since almost everyone agrees about that, and we're probable not a
> terribly unrepresentative sample, might I suggest that we all commit
> ourselves to at least *trying* to muster up the nerve to "boo" such
> renditions? I will.

Sure. Start booing during the Star Spangled Banner. Let us know how
that works out for you.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 7:36*am, George Leppla > wrote:
> Food Snob® wrote:
> > On Feb 25, 6:35 am, Omelet > wrote:

> >> I have to agree with that one. Why they feel the need to wander all over
> >> the scale is beyond me. It sounds horrible.

> > Since almost everyone agrees about that, and we're probable not a
> > terribly unrepresentative sample, might I suggest that we all commit
> > ourselves to at least *trying* to muster up the nerve to "boo" such
> > renditions? *I will.

> Sure. *Start booing during the Star Spangled Banner. *Let us know how
> that works out for you.

At the end, silly. If you don't think I'd do it, you don't know me
very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

> George L

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> On Feb 25, 7:36 am, George Leppla > wrote:
>> Food Snob® wrote:
>>> Since almost everyone agrees about that, and we're probable not a
>>> terribly unrepresentative sample, might I suggest that we all commit
>>> ourselves to at least *trying* to muster up the nerve to "boo" such
>>> renditions? I will.

>> Sure. Start booing during the Star Spangled Banner. Let us know how
>> that works out for you.

> At the end, silly. If you don't think I'd do it, you don't know me
> very well.

And yet, I don't feel deprived.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

Is that you doing the "singing"? Uh.... if so, I wouldn't be talking
about other people's singing ability if I were you.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 9:13*am, George Leppla > wrote:
> Food Snob wrote:
> >> Sure. *Start booing during the Star Spangled Banner. *Let us know how
> >> that works out for you.

> > At the end, silly. *If you don't think I'd do it, you don't know me
> > very well.

> And yet, I don't feel deprived.

You shouldn't. You'd probably dislike me just as much in person.

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

> Is that you doing the "singing"?

It's punk rock, and I don't think it's supposed to be "singing."
Still, there aren't any obvious pitch issues, and I certainly wasn't
pitch corrected.

>*Uh.... if so, I wouldn't be talking
> about other people's singing ability if I were you.

It's punk rock, and it's an original. I'm not trashing a beautiful,
classic melody. Boy, Daltrey was seriously awful during the SB
halftime show, but it was his own material to shit on as he saw fit.

> George L

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> On Feb 25, 9:13 am, George Leppla > wrote:
>> Food Snob wrote:
>>> At the end, silly. If you don't think I'd do it, you don't know me
>>> very well.

>> And yet, I don't feel deprived.

> You shouldn't. You'd probably dislike me just as much in person.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

>> Is that you doing the "singing"?

> It's punk rock, and I don't think it's supposed to be "singing."

Great. Then we agree.... you aren't singing.

> Still, there aren't any obvious pitch issues, and I certainly wasn't
> pitch corrected.

Like you say... it is punk rock. Hard to tell if you are on pitch or not.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Feb 25, 9:13*am, George Leppla > wrote:
> > Food Snob wrote:

> > > At the end, silly. *If you don't think I'd do it, you don't know me
> > > very well.

> > And yet, I don't feel deprived.

> You shouldn't. You'd probably dislike me just as much in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStEMsI4lqk

> > Is that you doing the "singing"?

> It's punk rock, and I don't think it's supposed to be "singing."
> Still, there aren't any obvious pitch issues, and I certainly wasn't
> pitch corrected.
>
> >*Uh.... if so, I wouldn't be talking
> > about other people's singing ability if I were you.

> It's punk rock, and it's an original. I'm not trashing a beautiful,
> classic melody. Boy, Daltrey was seriously awful during the SB
> halftime show, but it was his own material to shit on as he saw fit.
> >
> > George L

> --Bryan

Uh, not to be picky but it's a bad version of "Death Metal" aka "Hard Core"...

Technically it is an offspring of Punk, but Punk was a bit more "Poppy" and
kind of rhythmic, being (in my opinion) the middle finger flown at disco!
Anyway, when you say punk, this is more what I think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMD7Ezp3gWc

Scotty, I play with Sharks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:06:58 -0800, Steve B wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>> which they recorded.
>>
>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>
>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
> a pair of Klein pliers.
>
> Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>
> Steve

if only black people sang like white people, we wouldn't have all these
problems in the world.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:56:57 -0500, cybercat wrote:

> "Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Feb 24, 3:06 pm, "Steve B" > wrote:
>
>> I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>> female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
>> looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple
>> with
>> a pair of Klein pliers.

>>What about those WHITE female singers? Would a Roseann repeat please
>>you more?

> I recall having a faint urge to slap Joni Mitchell back in the day.

i like her song 'coyote' on the band's 'the last waltz,' but the rest you
can have.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:43:54 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:06:58 -0800, "Steve B"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>> Your spouse or SO is in the other room practicing their singing lesson
>>> which they recorded.
>>>
>>> You run in and offer to take the ailing cat to the vet.
>>>
>>> This action can be especially dangerous if you do not have a cat.

>>I have to admit that I have a great urge to run up to one of those black
>>female singers who sing the National Anthem, and sound like they're either
>>looking endlessly for the right note, or someone is twisting her nipple with
>>a pair of Klein pliers.
>>
>>Just sing the damn thing the way it was written.
>>
>>Steve
>>

> And they wear clown hats to inaugurations. Who knows what song the
> cow was belting out?

tsk, tsk, lou. you're talking about one of chicago's greatest citizens.

your pal,
blake