Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This looks dangerous!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5

It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
Eek!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2014 9:47 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:50:57 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5
>>
>> It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
>> Eek!

> My magnetic knife holder is very strong. I have no worries about it.
> I wouldn't load it up like that dumbass did, though. That's where you
> run into problems - overcrowding.
>
> -sw

There's so much crap in that picture (not just on the magnetic holder)
I'm amazed the person had the cojones to post it to eBay. Don't they
have drawers in that kitchen?!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/18/2014 9:47 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:50:57 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5
>>>
>>> It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
>>> Eek!

>> My magnetic knife holder is very strong. I have no worries about it.
>> I wouldn't load it up like that dumbass did, though. That's where you
>> run into problems - overcrowding.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> There's so much crap in that picture (not just on the magnetic holder) I'm
> amazed the person had the cojones to post it to eBay. Don't they have
> drawers in that kitchen?!

What a mess!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2014 10:06 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> My magnetic knife holder is very strong. I have no worries about it.
>>> I wouldn't load it up like that dumbass did, though. That's where you
>>> run into problems - overcrowding.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> There's so much crap in that picture (not just on the magnetic holder)
>> I'm amazed the person had the cojones to post it to eBay. Don't they
>> have drawers in that kitchen?!

> What a mess!

I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that.
Did they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the
stove? What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped
loaves of bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture.
And this person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/18/2014 10:06 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There's so much crap in that picture (not just on the magnetic holder)
>>> I'm amazed the person had the cojones to post it to eBay. Don't they
>>> have drawers in that kitchen?!

>> What a mess!
>>

> I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that. Did
> they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the stove?
> What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped loaves of
> bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture. And this
> person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

That stuff hanging doesn't look too clean either

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:32:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> What a mess!
>>>

>> I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that.
>> Did they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the
>> stove? What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped
>> loaves of bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture.
>> And this person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

> Look how you have to reach around and under the knifes to tear off a
> paper towel. Brilliant setup!

oh my
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:52:59 -0800, The Other Guy
> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:50:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5
> >
> >It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
> >Eek!

> But it's ONLY $7!!!!

Buy it!

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2014 12:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:32:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> What a mess!
>>>

>> I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that.
>> Did they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the
>> stove? What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped
>> loaves of bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture.
>> And this person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

> Look how you have to reach around and under the knifes to tear off a
> paper towel. Brilliant setup!
>
> -sw

Quite brilliant. I'll make a bid forthwith.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:47:21 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> My magnetic knife holder is very strong. I have no worries about it.

I think ya should sit under it a spell...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 11:59:37 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Look how you have to reach around and under the knifes to tear off a
> paper towel. Brilliant setup!

I bet you do jest the same, dwarfy...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/18/2014 10:06 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There's so much crap in that picture (not just on the magnetic holder)
>>> I'm amazed the person had the cojones to post it to eBay. Don't they
>>> have drawers in that kitchen?!

>> What a mess!
>>

> I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that. Did
> they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the stove?
> What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped loaves of
> bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture. And this
> person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

That's what it looks like. Eek!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:32:40 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> What a mess!
>>>

>> I'm not a neat freak but my kitchen certainly doesn't look like that.
>> Did they hang the magnetic knife holder on the metal vent hood for the
>> stove? What is all that other stuff sitting around? Are those wrapped
>> loaves of bread? A coffee press and a carafe? It's a horrible picture.
>> And this person is trying to *sell* something?! Wow.

> Look how you have to reach around and under the knifes to tear off a
> paper towel. Brilliant setup!

Hehehehe. I did notice that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5
>

> It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
> Eek!

I had such a thing in my last house. No problem. I did learn that you
have to be careful removing and replacing the knives, so you didn't
damage the cutting edge.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Julie Bove > wrote:
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-KIT...em417b6f 9ec5
>
>It's bad enough that a utensil might fall on you but a big sharp knife?
>Eek!

Looks like it would be better in the workshop.

I've got a couple of magnetic knife racks. Falling knives are just
not a problem.

Sure, they fall down occasionally. I just step backward and let it fall.
No biggie.

Cindy Hamilton

Dangerous Grounds Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 17 18-11-2012 01:23 AM
Is raw milk dangerous? ` A Moose in Love General Cooking 75 11-07-2012 11:49 PM
Dangerous Duo In San Diego Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] General Cooking 13 19-12-2010 10:04 AM
OT Dangerous Dimitri General Cooking 75 08-03-2010 10:04 PM
Are microwaves really that dangerous?!?! [email protected] General Cooking 16 06-06-2007 10:03 PM