Old 31-05-2010, 12:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Memorial Day 'Q

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#
--
Peace! Om

Old 31-05-2010, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote in newsmpomelet-511A37.18415430052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

What's an 'offset'??

And that corn sure looks nice and fresh and juicy.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the pie man
'What have u got there?'
Said the pie man unto Simon
Pies you dickhead.
Old 31-05-2010, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 30, 4:41*pm, Omelet wrote:
I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#
--
Peace! Om

*Only Irish *coffee provides in a single glass all four *essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar *and fat. *--Alex Levine

Hey Om, my two sisters (both older than I ) are here for a visit
and the three of us have had a blast for the past week with no
husbands, children, etc, just us three. So since today is the World
Famous Ski to Sea Race here we are
doing the bbq today. I'm doing rack of lamb on the grill with my
muscadine sauce, a risotto and fresh asparagus.
My oldest sister makes a wonderful muscadine jam/sauce that I use in
the wine reduction for the sauce for the lamb and I wanted to make it
for her since she's never had it.

If you are not familiar with the Ski to Sea Race, here's some info.
I can see the last leg from my deck overlooking
the bay and we can watch the kayaks and then walk down to the end of
the race where the street fair is in full swing.

The race is a seven leg relay from Mt. Baker to the sea. It's quite
an event and draws over 400 teams from around
the world.

http://www.skitosea.com/
Old 31-05-2010, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
PL wrote:

Omelet wrote in newsmpomelet-511A37.18415430052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

What's an 'offset'??

The fire box is off to the side of the BBQ pit.
The baffle and chimney allow for the heat and smoke flow and there is a
temp gauge installed close to the smoke outlet.

And that corn sure looks nice and fresh and juicy.

I nuke corn in the husk. :-) Works well!

And, thanks...
--
Peace! Om

Old 31-05-2010, 01:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
ImStillMags wrote:

On May 30, 4:41*pm, Omelet wrote:
[...]

Hey thanks for that! Sounds like fun... :-)
I have a fence full of Muscadine vines and pruned them well this past
winter in hopes that I'll get grapes this fall for my brother in law to
make wine. He is good at it!

I'll know by August 1st if I am going to get a decent crop this year...

How do you make your Muscadine sauce???
Mom used to make a killer Muscadine grape jelly.
--
Peace! Om

Old 31-05-2010, 01:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

This picture is great!
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_M91cmSxVuq8/TA...latedSmall.jpg

Old 31-05-2010, 01:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message

If you are not familiar with the Ski to Sea Race, here's some info.
I can see the last leg from my deck overlooking
the bay and we can watch the kayaks and then walk down to the end of
the race where the street fair is in full swing.

The race is a seven leg relay from Mt. Baker to the sea. It's quite
an event and draws over 400 teams from around
the world.

http://www.skitosea.com/

Neat that you can see part of that! Never heard of it before, but now I
have.

Old 31-05-2010, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote in newsmpomelet-E9C3EE.19074830052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

In article ,
PL wrote:

Omelet wrote in newsmpomelet-

511A37.18415430052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the

electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

What's an 'offset'??

The fire box is off to the side of the BBQ pit.
The baffle and chimney allow for the heat and smoke flow and there is a
temp gauge installed close to the smoke outlet.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, hot smoking.

I wouldn't mind trying that on some trout.

And that corn sure looks nice and fresh and juicy.

I nuke corn in the husk. :-) Works well!

And, thanks...

Bitte :-)

Old 31-05-2010, 02:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:41:54 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

I have a question. When I go to your links, I don't need to sign in -
but I always need to sign in when another poster (sorry, I don't
remember who it is) posts Picasa links. What are you doing that the
other poster isn't?

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Old 31-05-2010, 02:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

Looks good.

I had ribs and Weber baked tater halves:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7yg3p.jpg

You'd love my big succulent meaty bones:
http://i50.tinypic.com/4rf5uh.jpg

Was a lovely day, 80 and sunny:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdwo7o.jpg

And just as I snapped the above picture I heard honking and looked up,
they were moving:
http://i48.tinypic.com/70ano3.jpg

Old 31-05-2010, 03:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Cheryl" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

This picture is great!
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_M91cmSxVuq8/TA...w5GS8/s640/03M
emDay2010PlatedSmall.jpg

Thanks Cheryl! A bit darker in the background than I'd have liked, but
it worked. g
--
Peace! Om

Old 31-05-2010, 03:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
PL wrote:

What's an 'offset'??

The fire box is off to the side of the BBQ pit.
The baffle and chimney allow for the heat and smoke flow and there is a
temp gauge installed close to the smoke outlet.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, hot smoking.

I wouldn't mind trying that on some trout.

Works a treat on Salmon fillets.
I need to try it on catfish too one of these years.

And that corn sure looks nice and fresh and juicy.

I nuke corn in the husk. :-) Works well!

And, thanks...

Bitte :-)

Peter Lucas

Nuking corn in an unopened husk really is the gods...
I share that hint as often as I can! :-)
--
Peace! Om

Old 31-05-2010, 03:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

I have a question. When I go to your links, I don't need to sign in -
but I always need to sign in when another poster (sorry, I don't
remember who it is) posts Picasa links. What are you doing that the
other poster isn't?

I wish I knew... I use a personal link that I have set up after I sign
in maybe?

Old 31-05-2010, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

Looks good.

I had ribs and Weber baked tater halves:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7yg3p.jpg

I grilled chicken and some taters in foil packets with a little evoo, salt
and pepper. They got nicely crispy.
I used some chicken breasts from Omaha Steaks because I had them as a gift
and needed to use them. They were really really good with just a very light
sprinkling of garlic and herb rub.

Old 31-05-2010, 03:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
brooklyn1 wrote:

Omelet wrote:

I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
pictured. g The brother in law came over today and took the electric
chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
unable to use my offset.

He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
home! :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#

Looks good.

Thanks!

I had ribs and Weber baked tater halves:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7yg3p.jpg

You'd love my big succulent meaty bones:
http://i50.tinypic.com/4rf5uh.jpg

lol Looks very edible to me!

Was a lovely day, 80 and sunny:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdwo7o.jpg

It was in the 90's here. Which is why I was glad the BIL came over early
to get rid of that damned Hackberry branch that was draped over the pit!
My shoulders are too screwed up right now for me to wield the chainsaw.
A fact that I am none too pleased about. The base of the branch was a
good 10" across which made it too heavy to prune and move. :-(

And I've already expressed my appreciation of said pics. :-)
--
Peace! Om

memorial day?? Charly Horse Barbecue 15 02-06-2010 03:22 AM
Memorial Day Serene General Cooking 48 28-05-2008 08:21 PM