Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default memorial day??

Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
gleaning ideas

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
.. .
> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

BBQ for 125 people. Smoked ribs, Jerk Chicken, ratatouille, and some other
stuff.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Charly Horse > wrote:

> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

I'm contemplating some good, thick pork steaks (shoulder cuts) for the
BBQ and maybe some fire roasted spuds. Mushroom and zucchini kebabs
might also go over well.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
.. .
> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

We'll go to the parade in town. They have a little service at the memorial
to those that were lost in the wars.

Then we'll have a couple of friends over for eating of some animal not yet
determined.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 24, 4:41*pm, Charly Horse > wrote:
> *Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

Wife and son are going on their (last) annual Catholic Mission trip
early June. It's a H.S. age thing and my son will be a senior next
year. I'll be cooking up 30-40 lbs of pork butt by popular demand as
part of their meals. Will probably add a but and a chick or something
to that for ourselves.

Oh, and hamburgers, every Memorial and Labor day.

Ed, glad to hear more keeping some of the reason for Memorial day
alive.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Daughter lives 10 min away and retired Navy son is coming, so it'll
be a small briscuit and a couple of racks of ribs and some salads.
Mmmmmm, Briscuit with dh's new rub. The first time he did it with that
rub it was sooooo good we tore it up. Hope this one is as good!!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24 May 2010 23:41:07 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

6 plates of short ribs (4 ribs per slab, slabs are 12" long X 10" wide).
About 27 pounds worth. Each individual rib weighs about a pound.
$1.49/lb. That's cheaper than thoase meatless back ribs (AKA soup bones).
These are 2/3rd's meat and 1/3rd bone by weight.

3 pounds of sweetbreads.

And a new smoker to smoke them on. You already know thw brand and model.

That's just my contribution. Somebopdy else will be manning the gassers,
plus there's an NBBD for brisket and sausage.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Olde Hippee > wrote:
> Daughter lives 10 min away and retired Navy son is coming, so it'll
> be a small briscuit and a couple of racks of ribs and some salads.
> Mmmmmm, Briscuit with dh's new rub. The first time he did it with that
> rub it was sooooo good we tore it up. Hope this one is as good!!

Have a great time together! A special thanks to your son.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Charly Horse ) opined:

> Just wondering what every one was planning for the
> weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

Son #2's graduation is Friday with about 15 out of town family
members attending and staying Thu-Sun.

Friday evening after ceremony
taco bar and all the fixins

Saturday brunch
skillet frittata, 2 varieties
muffins

Saturday snacking
cold cuts
fresh peach salsa
roast pepper bruscetta with bagel chips
chips

Saturday evening
2 pork loins (southwest rub, lemon pepper rub)
6 lbs brats (to be made saturday morning)
loins and brats smoked together
baked mac and cheese
baked beans
7-layer salad
fruit salad
homemade lime sherbert
homemade vanilla ice cream

Sunday morning
biscuits and gravy
muffins

Sunday afternoon
burgers and dogs on the grill
vinegar based coleslaw

Monday-Wednesday
leftovers!

--
George B. Ross is
remove the OBVIOUSBIT for email
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 24, 7:41*pm, Charly Horse > wrote:
> *Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

Did a couple of Pulled Porks, including one for a buddy who paid for
the meat. Same amount of work and someone to appreciate the extra
meat!

I put together a photo montage of the process for him to see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpyle/4660162197/

Rock

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"RockPyle" > wrote in message
On May 24, 7:41 pm, Charly Horse > wrote:
> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> gleaning ideas

Did a couple of Pulled Porks, including one for a buddy who paid for
the meat. Same amount of work and someone to appreciate the extra
meat!

I put together a photo montage of the process for him to see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpyle/4660162197/

Rock

nice. I like the dates/times. Oh, yeah - the product too!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Charly Horse" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
>> gleaning ideas

> BBQ for 125 people. Smoked ribs, Jerk Chicken, ratatouille, and some other
> stuff.

SUCCESS!!!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 1, 2:01*pm, "Wallace" > wrote:
> "RockPyle" > wrote in message

> On May 24, 7:41 pm, Charly Horse > wrote:
>
> > Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> > gleaning ideas

> Did a couple of Pulled Porks, including one for a buddy who paid for
> the meat. *Same amount of work and someone to appreciate the extra
> meat!
>
> I put together a photo montage of the process for him to see:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpyle/4660162197/
>
> Rock
>
> nice. *I like the dates/times. *Oh, yeah - the product too!

The only time I didn;t like was having to wake up at 6 am on a
holiday!

Rock
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
RockPyle > wrote:

> On May 24, 7:41*pm, Charly Horse > wrote:
> > *Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
> > gleaning ideas

> Did a couple of Pulled Porks, including one for a buddy who paid for
> the meat. Same amount of work and someone to appreciate the extra
> meat!
>
> I put together a photo montage of the process for him to see:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpyle/4660162197/
>
> Rock

Very nice!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:02:15 -0700, "Wallace"
> wrote:

>"Wallace" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Charly Horse" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> Just wondering what every one was planning for the weekend? I'm just
>>> gleaning ideas

>> BBQ for 125 people. Smoked ribs, Jerk Chicken, ratatouille, and some other
>> stuff.
>>

>SUCCESS!!!

Conga-rats, Wallace!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Did a couple of Pulled Porks, including one for a buddy who paid for
>> the meat. Same amount of work and someone to appreciate the extra
>> meat!

You guys laid out a great buffet unfortunately I was called upon to
maintain the beer chests insead of the grill / smoker this holiday. Sems
my reputation for BBQ precededed me, It was a tough chore, every three
to four hours had to add beer n ice. Did notice that the ice melted
faster when the gals laid out in the sun in bikinis.. any study been
done on the correlation?