Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Memorial Day 'Q

On May 30, 4:41*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> I also BBQ'd some turkey hot dogs for the nephews, but those are not
> pictured. <g> The brother in law came over today and took the electric
> chain saw to that downed hackberry branch that was making it so I was
> unable to use my offset.
>
> He came over early so it was all good, and he scored some 'Q to take
> home! :-)
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDay2010CommentaryAndBBQ#>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> *Only Irish *coffee provides in a single glass all four *essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar *and fat. *--Alex Levine

Hey Om, my two sisters (both older than I ) are here for a visit
and the three of us have had a blast for the past week with no
husbands, children, etc, just us three. So since today is the World
Famous Ski to Sea Race here we are
doing the bbq today. I'm doing rack of lamb on the grill with my
muscadine sauce, a risotto and fresh asparagus.
My oldest sister makes a wonderful muscadine jam/sauce that I use in
the wine reduction for the sauce for the lamb and I wanted to make it
for her since she's never had it.

If you are not familiar with the Ski to Sea Race, here's some info.
I can see the last leg from my deck overlooking
the bay and we can watch the kayaks and then walk down to the end of
the race where the street fair is in full swing.

The race is a seven leg relay from Mt. Baker to the sea. It's quite
an event and draws over 400 teams from around
the world.

http://www.skitosea.com/