Old 23-01-2004, 01:46 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default What do these foods have in common???

a local radio station posed the following question:

What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
Supposedly no other foods share this connection.

The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.

Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

Old 23-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Lawrence Gilburtson

well, i know that pop[corn and eggs don;t melt when heat is appllied, don;t
know where the chocolate fits in...LG

Old 23-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Rick & Cyndi

"Gabby" wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: ...
: a local radio station posed the following question:
:
: What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
:
: The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
:
: Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:
: ========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 23-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Saerah

Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
"Gabby" wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: ...
: a local radio station posed the following question:
:
: What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
:
: The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
:
: Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:
: ========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

--

but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

Old 23-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Peter Aitken

"Saerah" wrote in message

Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
"Gabby" wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: ...
: a local radio station posed the following question:
:
: What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
:
: The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
:
: Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:
That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.

And eggs are not.

--
Peter Aitken

Old 23-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Rick & Cyndi

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
: "Saerah" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
: "Gabby" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: --
: Peter Aitken
=============

Aren't eggs formed from the "seed" of a chicken, as in a
child/fetus begins from the "seed" of a woman?

--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 23-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Nancy Young

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

"Gabby" wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: ...
: a local radio station posed the following question:
:
: What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
:
: The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
:
: Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:
: ========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

nancy
Old 23-01-2004, 06:21 PM
BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
Rick & Cyndi wrote:

========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

nancy

Eggplant?

BOB

Old 23-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Nancy Young

BOB wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

Eggplant?

(laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.

nancy
Old 23-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Bob Westcott

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:57 -0500, " BOB" wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:
Rick & Cyndi wrote:

"Gabby" wrote in message

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
a local radio station posed the following question:

What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
Supposedly no other foods share this connection.

The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.

Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

Seeds?

Gabby

========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

nancy

Eggplant?

BOB

BRAVO!!!!!....long time since I laughed that hard.....
Old 23-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Peter Aitken

"Rick & Cyndi" wrote in message
newsodQb.3637$U%[email protected]_s03...
"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
: "Saerah" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
: "Gabby" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

I have seen "seed" used in this poetic/biblical way but the word is properly
used to refer to plants only.

--
Peter Aitken

Old 23-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Peter Aitken

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Rick & Cyndi wrote:

"Gabby" wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
: ...
: a local radio station posed the following question:
:
: What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
:
: The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
:
: Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

nancy

Right! I want to plant an egg tree!

--
Peter Aitken