Old 18-08-2004, 09:51 PM
tintalle

Default perogies?

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice casual
meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy little treats?

Old 18-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Steve Calvin

tintalle wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice casual
meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy little treats?

Stuffed cabbage works well.

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Old 18-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , tintalle
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice casual
meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy little treats?

A knife and a fork. Why tarnish the pirohy with another dish. They
stand alone when I eat them. OTOH, you could use them with sauerkraut
and ribs, or a pork chop. This assumes potato-filled pirohy (the
Slovak spelling, in case you were wondering). Dobru' chut'!
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com An update on 7/22/04.

Old 18-08-2004, 10:45 PM
hahabogus

Melba's Jammin' wrote in
:

In article , tintalle
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice
casual meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy
little treats?

A knife and a fork. Why tarnish the pirohy with another dish. They
stand alone when I eat them. OTOH, you could use them with sauerkraut
and ribs, or a pork chop. This assumes potato-filled pirohy (the
Slovak spelling, in case you were wondering). Dobru' chut'!

I believe the condoments eaten with perogies are enough. Sour cream,
butter, fried onions and bacon. If these are the potato cheese type.

Which way are you cooking them up?
Traditionally they are just boiled, but pan fried and deep fried are 2
other good ways.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
Old 18-08-2004, 10:45 PM
hahabogus

Melba's Jammin' wrote in
:

Old 18-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Michel Boucher

tintalle wrote in
:

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice
casual meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy
little treats?

Real bacon bits and onions, sour cream (full fat of course), and yellow
mustard.

--

Please note that this post contains no overt anti-USAian statements of
any sort, nor is it designed to excite the political passions of the

Old 18-08-2004, 11:55 PM
[email protected]

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article , tintalle
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what "goes" with perogies to make a nice casual
meal. What main/sides are normally served with these yummy little treats?

A knife and a fork. Why tarnish the pirohy with another dish. They
stand alone when I eat them. OTOH, you could use them with sauerkraut
and ribs, or a pork chop. This assumes potato-filled pirohy (the
Slovak spelling, in case you were wondering). Dobru' chut'!

Actually, I like potato piriogies with apple sauce on the side.

Old 18-08-2004, 11:55 PM
[email protected]

Old 19-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Mary Jo Oliver

We usually use the perogie as the side dish with a meat..Sausages work
good..with a salad. Or just by themselves works great too.

Old 19-08-2004, 02:29 AM
T E

If your interested in Polish foods here is a link to restaurant menu's
in Poland.
I lived for a few months in Hamtramck Michigan in the early 80's -Pole
Town-
and was taught polish cooking by people who had settled in this town
from Poland.
Perogies for them are served as a side dish mostly with kielbasa.
Glad to this day that I was taught their authentic old country cuisine
instead of the crap in stores passed off as polish.
http://www.mytravelguide.com/city-gu...staurant-meals

Frozen perogies Ruddell General Cooking 42 07-02-2005 10:41 PM
Perogies State General Cooking 17 22-04-2004 02:22 PM
Spelt perogies Bubbablue General Cooking 7 12-04-2004 04:38 AM