Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Would You Bake In This Pan?

I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.

http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html

My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
temperature? Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
batter?

Any help and incite would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>
> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
> out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
> temperature? Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
> batter?
>
> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

If your recipe requires the use of every section of this pan, you could
freeze the remainder. If you use only one section of the pan, add a
little water to the other sections. They say this will keep your pan
from warping. Enjoy your new pan.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 10:48*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>
> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. *The only
> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. *It comes
> out very good. *If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
> temperature? *Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
> batter? *
>
> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

Decrease the time, not the temp. You should be able to bake your cake
that you had success with...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>
> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
> out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
> temperature?

Sure. The volume will be smaller and it won't take as long to bake.
I'd leave the temp alone.

Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
> batter?

Yes. You might want to put some water in the empty cavities, although
that will add moisture to the oven -- not necessarily a bad thing.

> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

I'd be inclined to put a quick bread in it; something rather dense.
Fill each cavity about 3/4 full -- maybe 2/3 full. Set a timer for about
25 minutes and test with a pick for doneness.

JMOs.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 1:48*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>
> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. *The only
> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. *It comes
> out very good. *If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
> temperature? *Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
> batter? *
>
> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

I find that quick breads (pumpkin, banana, etc.) do well in these
pans. I'd check them after 20-25 minutes (my recipe usually calls for
60-70 mins of baking time). Remember, you can always bake them longer,
but you can never take back over-baking!

You could also do regular cakes (yellow, chocolate, etc.) in these.

So I'd try the same temp, but shorter time.

Good luck!

Kris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 12:48*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>
> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. *The only
> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. *It comes
> out very good. *If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
> temperature? *Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
> batter? *
>
> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

Individual coffee cakes, pound cake, any kind of quick bread. Use the
whole pan and freeze the extras. You could make any kind of one-dish
meal, too - meatloaf, mac 'n cheese, mini-lasagna, tuna casserole,
chicken 'n noodles, whatever.

The finish looks like Nordic non-stick, and if it is, angel-food cake
probably wouldn't work too well - it needs a regular metal surface so
it can rise and "climb" in the pan - which is why you don't grease an
angel-food cake pan.

You could even make baked custard-type desserts in them, using a bain-
marie.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 29, 2:24*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:50 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
> > I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *

> >http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html

> My mother uses things like that for banana and zuchinni breads.
> Etc. *You could also make little cornbreads in them - if it was cast
> iron rather than cast aluminum.
>
> -sw

Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
iron pan and it is terrific.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2:24*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:50 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
> > > I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *

> > >http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html

> > My mother uses things like that for banana and zuchinni breads.
> > Etc. *You could also make little cornbreads in them - if it was cast
> > iron rather than cast aluminum.
> >
> > -sw

> Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
> iron pan and it is terrific.
>
> N.

Mom generally baked hers in glass.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I would make little quick breads -- banana or pumpkin -- for gift
giving. Little gingerbreads would be nice, too.

You could make wee little jello molds with a different fruit in each.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>
> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html

Fruitcakes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:36:25 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> On Oct 29, 2:24*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> You could also make little cornbreads in them - if it was cast
>>> iron rather than cast aluminum.

>> Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
>> iron pan and it is terrific.

>I do, and most people in the South will agree (or insist!). T

Get over it. The sun doesn't rise or set in the South.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
>>> iron pan and it is terrific.

>> I do, and most people in the South will agree (or insist!). T

> Get over it. The sun doesn't rise or set in the South.

I bake my cornbread in a cheap tin dish with tasty results
baking paper makes anything possible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:47:16 +1000, atec 7 7 <"atec >
wrote:

>I bake my cornbread in a cheap tin dish with tasty results
> baking paper makes anything possible

Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
>>> iron pan and it is terrific.

>> I do, and most people in the South will agree (or insist!). T

> Get over it. The sun doesn't rise or set in the South.

Sure it does... every day! They even wrote a song about it....

"When the sun goes down, the tide goes out,
The people gather 'round and they all begin to shout,
"Hey! Hey! Uncle Dud,
It's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi Mud.
It's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi Mud"."

Now I've only lived in the South for a bit over three years and never
saw cornbread made in a cast iron skillet until I got here. It is
different than the corn bread I was used to in Pennsylvania.... not as
sweet and there is that "crust" thing that surprised me. But I'd be
hard pressed to pick a favorite... I like both versions and Becca has
been making a sweeter "southern" version in the cast iron skillet that I
really like. OTOH... there is a version with jalepenos and cheese in it
that is also really good.

One thing that is hard to find are the very dense, oily, sweet corn
muffins that are sold in delis, diners and bakeries in the northeast.
It was pretty common to slice one in half and grill them with butter.

Anyone remember Thomas' Corn Toaster Cakes? Haven't seen them in a long
time either.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
> dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
> cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
> then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
> cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
> recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
> now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
> gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).

My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
be fighting over. lol

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:44:43 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
>be fighting over. lol

I have two pans and two kids. Hopefully no war will break out.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
> > dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
> > cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn.

> My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
> be fighting over. lol

Didn't your dear Mommy teach you girls to share?

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
>> My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
>> be fighting over. lol
>>

> Didn't your dear Mommy teach you girls to share?
>
> :-)

Mom always liked her best. ;-)

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
> > dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
> > cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
> > then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
> > cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
> > recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
> > now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
> > gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).
> >

> My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
> be fighting over. lol
>

> Becca

I have a couple of them that never get used... <sigh>
I'm sure my sister will want them when we finally go thru mom's baking
pans and stuff when she gets into a house.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:52:19 -0400, Kajikit >
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:50 -0500, Lou Decruss
> wrote:
>
>>I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>>
>>http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>>
>>My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
>>what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
>>cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
>>kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
>>in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
>>out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
>>temperature? Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
>>Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
>>batter?
>>
>>Any help and incite would be appreciated.

>What a cute pan.

Aw shucks. Thanks <blushing>

>It looks like you could bake any kind of cake in it
>that you like... but a pound cake or similarly 'heavy' cake would
>probably take the moulding better.

I've never made a pound cake before but after reading the responses I
think that will be it's first use.

Thanks.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:20:36 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>>
>> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>>
>> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
>> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
>> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
>> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
>> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
>> out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
>> temperature? Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
>> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
>> batter?
>>
>> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lou
>>

>If your recipe requires the use of every section of this pan, you could
>freeze the remainder. If you use only one section of the pan, add a
>little water to the other sections. They say this will keep your pan
>from warping. Enjoy your new pan.

Good tip. Thank you.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:21:32 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>On Oct 29, 10:48*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *
>>
>> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>>
>> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
>> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. *The only
>> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
>> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
>> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. *It comes
>> out very good. *If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
>> temperature? *Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
>> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
>> batter? *
>>
>> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lou

>Decrease the time, not the temp. You should be able to bake your cake
>that you had success with...

OK. Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I've got butter coming
to room temp as I type but I'm going to use the pan I know works
because I need to bring a cake to a party tomorrow and can't afford a
failure. But when I'm not under pressure I'll do it again in this
pan.

Thanks,

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:21:52 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>>
>> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>>
>> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
>> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. The only
>> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
>> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
>> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. It comes
>> out very good. If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
>> temperature?

>Sure. The volume will be smaller and it won't take as long to bake.
>I'd leave the temp alone.
>
>Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
>> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
>> batter?

>Yes. You might want to put some water in the empty cavities, although
>that will add moisture to the oven -- not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lou

>I'd be inclined to put a quick bread in it; something rather dense.
>Fill each cavity about 3/4 full -- maybe 2/3 full. Set a timer for about
>25 minutes and test with a pick for doneness.
>
>JMOs.

Thanks to you and all the others for the tips. The water trick I'd
have never thought of. I'm clueless at baking but learning a bit at a
time.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:29:47 -0700, sf > fired up
random neurons and synapses to opine:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:

>>I do, and most people in the South will agree (or insist!). T

>Get over it. The sun doesn't rise or set in the South.

Yahbut, the sun does rise and set on cast iron when it comes to
cornbread, IMHO. We inherited some great old cast iron pieces from my
late FIL and it *does* make a difference to the cornbread. I switched
cornbread recipes after I tried the one below (Mother, please forgive
me):

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Cornbread

breads

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Butter
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup rapidly boiling water
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg; beaten

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450°. Set
8" cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil and butter. Measure 1/3 cup
cornmeal into medium bowl. Whisk remaining cornmeal, sugar, salt,
baking powder and baking soda together in small bowl; set aside.

Pour boiling water all at once into the 1/3 cup cornmeal; stir to make
a stiff mush. Whisk in buttermilk gradually, breaking up lumps until
smooth, then whisk in egg. When oven is preheated and skillet very
hot, stir dry ingredients into mush mixture until just moistened.
Carefully remove skillet from oven. Pour hot oil and melted butter
from pan into batter and stir to incorporate, then quickly pour batter
into heated skillet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 mins. Remove
from oven and instantly turn cornbread onto wire rack; cool for 5
mins, then serve immediately.

Contributor: The Best Recipe

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
> dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
> cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
> then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
> cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
> recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
> now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
> gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).

One of those was left in the house I bought thirty years ago. I didn't
have a clue what it was (I thought it was a cookie mold). After many
years of storing it, I chucked it. Breaks my heart now.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:12:40 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
>> dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
>> cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
>> then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
>> cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
>> recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
>> now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
>> gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).

>One of those was left in the house I bought thirty years ago. I didn't
>have a clue what it was (I thought it was a cookie mold). After many
>years of storing it, I chucked it. Breaks my heart now.

It happens. You just weren't "in the zone" back then. They're still
sold and not expensive either, if you want to purchase one now.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" wrote

> It's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi Mud"."

Snicker!

> Now I've only lived in the South for a bit over three years and never saw
> cornbread made in a cast iron skillet until I got here. It is different
> than the corn bread I was used to in Pennsylvania.... not as sweet and
> there is that "crust" thing that surprised me. But I'd be hard pressed to
> pick a favorite... I like both versions and Becca has been making a
> sweeter "southern" version in the cast iron skillet that I really like.
> OTOH... there is a version with jalepenos and cheese in it that is also
> really good.

I happen to agree. Mom was a transplant from the north and I ate plenty of
jiffy mix with raisins added.

The northern, southern, and 'tex-mex' versions are all good and distinctly
different.

> One thing that is hard to find are the very dense, oily, sweet corn
> muffins that are sold in delis, diners and bakeries in the northeast. It
> was pretty common to slice one in half and grill them with butter.

I am wondering here. It sounds like my cast iron pan recipe (4 TB melted
fat is left in the pan when you add the dough) but with creamed corn and
perhaps sugar added.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Cornbread doesn't require a cast iron pan - I never make it in a cast
>>> iron pan and it is terrific.

>> I do, and most people in the South will agree (or insist!). T

> Get over it. The sun doesn't rise or set in the South.

It does both up here in the Winter. <g>

Bob, in Minnesota
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:12:40 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>One of those was left in the house I bought thirty years ago. I didn't
>have a clue what it was (I thought it was a cookie mold). After many
>years of storing it, I chucked it. Breaks my heart now.

Similarly, I sold a set of family hand-me-down china in a garage sale
years and years ago when I could finally afford to replace it. A few
years later, an "orphan" piece turned up that had somehow gotten
separated from the rest of the hand-me-down set, and I idly glanced at
the hallmark: "Made In Occupied West Berlin." I'd never noticed the
hallmark before - my mother must have bought it when she and the dear
aulde dad were in Germany when he was flying in the Berlin airlift.
What a unique set of china - for which I probably got maybe $20.

Talk about repenting at leisure...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:24:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:50 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks.
>>
>> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html

>My mother uses things like that for banana and zuchinni breads.

that sounds like a good idea for making lots of little loaves for the
holidays.

Thanks.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:44:43 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> Cornbread is delicious no matter what you bake it in. That said, I
>> dug out my old (that I had bought brand new at the time) cast iron
>> cornbread molds... the kind that look like ears of corn. Way back
>> then, I wasn't very good at (dedicated to) seasoning cast iron so my
>> cornbread stuck and I lost interest in the molds. I rediscovered them
>> recently and really seasoned them up well so the molds bake perfectly
>> now. They make such cute cornbread sticks! Just makes you want to
>> gobble them up (with lots of butter, of course).
>>

>My mother's cornbread stick pan, is probably what my sister and I will
>be fighting over. lol

We had two of those and got rid of both of them. I've also go a
sectioned cast pan that's next to go and never been used. I might
give is a try but I'm not holding my breath in hopes I'll like it. I
make my northern style cornbread in a 8X8X2 pyrex pan. That's how I
like it so the southerners can sue me. I also use a 1/4 cup of sugar.
So HA!!!!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:49:35 -0700 (PDT), Kris >
wrote:

>On Oct 29, 1:48*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I got this mini bundt pan at Good-Will yesterday for 3 bucks. *
>>
>> http://www.akitchen.com/store/mini-loaf.html
>>
>> My baking skills and experience are very limited so I'm not sure of
>> what kinds of cakes would work in this type of 4 loaf pan. *The only
>> cake I've had much success with is a Louisiana Crunch Cake that I
>> kinda piece together from a few different recipes I found and make it
>> in an angel food cake pan because I don't have a bundt pan. *It comes
>> out very good. *If I try it in this pan do I decrease the time or
>> temperature? *Can I use just one section without it cooking unevenly?
>> Does anyone have a favorite cake recipe that uses only 2 cups of
>> batter? *
>>
>> Any help and incite would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lou

>I find that quick breads (pumpkin, banana, etc.) do well in these
>pans. I'd check them after 20-25 minutes (my recipe usually calls for
>60-70 mins of baking time). Remember, you can always bake them longer,
>but you can never take back over-baking!
>
>You could also do regular cakes (yellow, chocolate, etc.) in these.
>
>So I'd try the same temp, but shorter time.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Kris

Thanks!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:32:09 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 20:12:53 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:24:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>My mother uses things like that for banana and zuchinni breads.

>> that sounds like a good idea for making lots of little loaves for the
>> holidays.

>If you know my mother, then you'll get some year round.

My mom baked all the time too but with four boys bananas never lasted
long enough to make banana bread. We have for ripe ones here now and
we decided today that one of us will use them and the new pan
tomorrow. We've got some zuks too so we'll probably do a duo.

Lou

What would you bake... maxine in ri General Cooking 88 08-11-2009 04:30 PM
How to bake a Car maxine in ri General Cooking 3 17-11-2008 04:56 PM
Bake it off [email protected][_1_] Baking 6 20-07-2007 10:28 PM
Bake off Temily General Cooking 18 12-10-2006 09:41 PM
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls (no bake, no flour, no eggs) Duckie ® Recipes 0 10-07-2005 03:08 AM