Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite Breakfast

What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
variety in mine.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Bob Muncie > wrote:

> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
(Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.

Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:

http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg

Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.

Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
re-warmed. <g>

Steak salad is good too.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie > wrote:
>What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>variety in mine.

I love Spanish potato omelets with chorizo and occasionally garbanzos, any kind
of French pastry and a few Indian breakfasts like poha or alu paratha drizzled
with honey and accompanied by yogurt and pickle. Sometimes, I just have date
and banana smoothies, vegetable juices or dinner leftovers.

Orlando
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.
>>
>> Bob

> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>
> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>
> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>
> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> re-warmed. <g>
>
> Steak salad is good too.

Is it okay if I love you now for such a beautiful breakfast as in the
pic you posted?

I'd be your pal forever if you could supply that once a week :-)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Bob Muncie > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Bob Muncie > wrote:
> >
> >> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> >> variety in mine.
> >>
> >> Bob

> > Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> > (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> > Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
> >
> > Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
> >
> > http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
> >
> > Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> > good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
> >
> > Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> > re-warmed. <g>
> >
> > Steak salad is good too.

> Is it okay if I love you now for such a beautiful breakfast as in the
> pic you posted?
>
> I'd be your pal forever if you could supply that once a week :-)
>
> Bob

:-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.
>>
>> Bob

> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>
> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>
> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>
> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> re-warmed. <g>
>
> Steak salad is good too.

Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion and
two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan with a
drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

atec 7 7 wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>>
>>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>>> variety in mine.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
>> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
>> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>>
>> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>>
>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>>
>> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
>> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>>
>> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
>> re-warmed. <g>
>>
>> Steak salad is good too.

> Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion and
> two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan with a
> drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
> Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
don't have the above?

I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Bob Muncie > wrote:

> atec 7 7 wrote:
> > Omelet wrote:

> >> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> >> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> >> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
> >>
> >> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
> >>
> >> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
> >>
> >> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> >> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
> >>
> >> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> >> re-warmed. <g>
> >>
> >> Steak salad is good too.

> > Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion and
> > two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan with a
> > drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
> > Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

> That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
> don't have the above?
>
> I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
> not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
> toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?
>
> Bob

I'm not Atec, but I consider "interesting" whatever I want at the moment.

I had the smoker going yesterday morning to finish off that Canadian
bacon and I'd bought a fresh package of sweetbreads the day before, so
smoked those and had them for breakfast.

I just ate breakfast for today about 1/2 hour ago and that was some
smoked home made beef sausage with a little mustard...

If I get hungry later this morning, I'll see what I'm in the mood for.
:-) I have lots of leftover carrots, roasted chicken, more smoked
sausage, sweetbreads and now the Canadian Bacon is ready, but I want to
take pics of it first before munching out on it, and cutting off a piece
for my Pharmacist...

Break from tradition and have some fun Bob! :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> atec 7 7 wrote:

>>> Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion and
>>> two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan with a
>>> drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
>>> Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

>> That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
>> don't have the above?
>>
>> I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
>> not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
>> toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?
>>
>> Bob

> I'm not Atec, but I consider "interesting" whatever I want at the moment.
>
> I had the smoker going yesterday morning to finish off that Canadian
> bacon and I'd bought a fresh package of sweetbreads the day before, so
> smoked those and had them for breakfast.
>
> I just ate breakfast for today about 1/2 hour ago and that was some
> smoked home made beef sausage with a little mustard...
>
> If I get hungry later this morning, I'll see what I'm in the mood for.
> :-) I have lots of leftover carrots, roasted chicken, more smoked
> sausage, sweetbreads and now the Canadian Bacon is ready, but I want to
> take pics of it first before munching out on it, and cutting off a piece
> for my Pharmacist...
>
> Break from tradition and have some fun Bob! :-)

Thanks Om.. If anything, I wish you lived close enough I could offer you
breakfast, and you could mix it up for us with your certainly different
breakfast ideas.

But you point out exactly what I was asking for... "Give me different!".
For you, I'd make a perfect traditional breakfast. I just want some new
ideas.

Bob
Member

I like sandwiches. Colorful, tasty sandwiches with all kinds of vegetables, even some fruits and ham.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Bob Muncie > wrote:

> > Break from tradition and have some fun Bob! :-)

> Thanks Om.. If anything, I wish you lived close enough I could offer you
> breakfast, and you could mix it up for us with your certainly different
> breakfast ideas.
>
> But you point out exactly what I was asking for... "Give me different!".
> For you, I'd make a perfect traditional breakfast. I just want some new
> ideas.
>
> Bob

Okay, how about a breakfast salad?

Baby greens and/or a good leaf, boston butter, romaine or iceberg
lettuce, some crumbled bacon, a couple of quartered hard boiled eggs,
maybe some thinly sliced ham and/or crumbled sausage, well done toast
cut into cubes, all mixed up with your choice of dressings. I'd
personally use a little lime based mayo on that or maybe some ranch
dressing.

Some gravy in place of dressing might work too if the green is baby
spinach leaves. <eg>

And you could always add a few beans... <snicker>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:

> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.

I could eat bacon and (fried) eggs for breakfast - well, make that
brunch - every day. If only my arteries would approve...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.

> I could eat bacon and (fried) eggs for breakfast - well, make that
> brunch - every day. If only my arteries would approve...

[squeaking] You have our permission. --Cathy's arteries
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> atec 7 7 wrote:
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
>>> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
>>> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>>>
>>> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>>>
>>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>>>
>>> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
>>> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>>>
>>> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
>>> re-warmed. <g>
>>>
>>> Steak salad is good too.

>> Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion
>> and two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan
>> with a drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
>> Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

> That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
> don't have the above?
>
> I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
> not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
> toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?
>
> Bob

This morning I had some home grown steak ( steer was named lambchop)
eggs and some home made hash browns
most mornings are meat etc and Sundays eggs and Hash or sometimes a
BBQ around 9>10 am , if its a rush morning then weetbix friut and
yogurt with a big cuppa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 1:04*am, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Coffee! Black, rich and delicious!

Oh, you mean food! What I'm gonna eat after my coffee. My home made
"baked" beans with brown rice and ham, and a ripe sweet juicy mango!
Mmmmmmmmmm!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> atec 7 7 wrote:

>>> Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion and
>>> two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan with a
>>> drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
>>> Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

>> That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
>> don't have the above?
>>
>> I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
>> not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
>> toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?
>>
>> Bob

> I'm not Atec, but I consider "interesting" whatever I want at the moment.
>
> I had the smoker going yesterday morning to finish off that Canadian
> bacon and I'd bought a fresh package of sweetbreads the day before, so
> smoked those and had them for breakfast.
>
> I just ate breakfast for today about 1/2 hour ago and that was some
> smoked home made beef sausage with a little mustard...
>
> If I get hungry later this morning, I'll see what I'm in the mood for.
> :-) I have lots of leftover carrots, roasted chicken, more smoked
> sausage, sweetbreads and now the Canadian Bacon is ready, but I want to
> take pics of it first before munching out on it, and cutting off a piece
> for my Pharmacist...
>
> Break from tradition and have some fun Bob! :-)

I tried a little different recently , steamed veggies with homemade
red-wine and teriyaki sauce when called out at 4 am, was a microwave
reheat of course but hit the spot rather well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 1:04*am, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Left over lamb korma and garlic naan!

One of the best breakfasts I've ever had!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in message ...
| What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
| variety in mine.
|
| Bob

Surprisingly not yet mentioned: Cheesecake.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Probably eggs Benedict or something akin to that. (Gee, I haven't
had that for a LONG time.)

It is hard to choose a favorite though, since it depends on what
one has a hankering for, and then on whether whatever one cooks
up/consumes satisfies that hankering.

Case in point... A couple of months ago, I wanted pancakes.
Couldn't decide whether I wanted buckwheat pancakes or blueberry
pancakes. The compromise (at a diner) was ployes with
blueberries, and they were perfect! The ployes are made with
golden buckwheat, which is/seems a lot less heavy than the normal
buckwheat flour. Coincidentally, I found light buckwheat flour
ju7st yesterday....

Another breakfast when I am in the mood--corned beef hash, with a
good lashing of catsup, topped with egg(s).

Or a tortilla Espagnola or similar thing that involves potatoes
and eggs...

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.
>>
>> Bob

> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>
> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>
> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>
> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> re-warmed. <g>
>
> Steak salad is good too.

:-) Did I have to look to see who sent these very proteinous
suggestions?

Hey! How can you eat beans (unless soybeans) when you eschew
almond flour as being too carby?

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
> I love Spanish potato omelets with chorizo and occasionally garbanzos, any kind
> of French pastry and a few Indian breakfasts like poha or alu paratha drizzled
> with honey and accompanied by yogurt and pickle. Sometimes, I just have date
> and banana smoothies, vegetable juices or dinner leftovers.
>
> Orlando

leftovers... how could I forget them!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> atec 7 7 wrote:
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
>>> (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
>>> Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
>>>
>>> Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
>>>
>>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
>>>
>>> Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
>>> good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
>>>
>>> Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
>>> re-warmed. <g>
>>>
>>> Steak salad is good too.

>> Organic eggs , sausage with no grain products 1/2 large sliced onion
>> and two or three cloves of garlic cooked lightly in a cast iron pan
>> with a drop of extra virgin olive oil ...
>> Maybe a slice of wholegrain toast to wipe the runny bits .

> That sounds pretty good Atec... what do you have for breakfast when you
> don't have the above?
>
> I love many things for breakfast, but am looking for something I have
> not considered. For example, I had ham, over easy eggs, and butted wheat
> toast yesterday. What do you consider an interesting breakfast?
>
> Bob

Interesting is a whole other issue!!!!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane said...

> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
>| What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>| variety in mine.
>|
>| Bob
>
> Surprisingly not yet mentioned: Cheesecake.
>
> pavane

I snuck under the radar with buttered toast and grapes.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 1:04*am, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Cold Pizza.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Bob Muncie wrote:
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.
>>
>> Bob

> Probably eggs Benedict or something akin to that. (Gee, I haven't
> had that for a LONG time.)
>
> It is hard to choose a favorite though, since it depends on what
> one has a hankering for, and then on whether whatever one cooks
> up/consumes satisfies that hankering.
>
> Case in point... A couple of months ago, I wanted pancakes.
> Couldn't decide whether I wanted buckwheat pancakes or blueberry
> pancakes. The compromise (at a diner) was ployes with
> blueberries, and they were perfect! The ployes are made with
> golden buckwheat, which is/seems a lot less heavy than the normal
> buckwheat flour. Coincidentally, I found light buckwheat flour
> ju7st yesterday....
>
> Another breakfast when I am in the mood--corned beef hash, with a
> good lashing of catsup, topped with egg(s).
>
> Or a tortilla Espagnola or similar thing that involves potatoes
> and eggs...

Oh... geez... go and get all complicated about breakfast!

I'd just hide under the covers until sunset.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

My favorite breakfast is tacos made from scrambled eggs, bacon & cheese.
Sometimes I will add potatoes if I have any leftover baked potatoes to
use up. Dutch Baby Pancakes is also a favorite, but I do not make it
very often, I also like blintzes.

My favorite outside-the-box breakfast is a #2 cheeseburger & fries from
Whataburger, but I do not get that often enough. I have also had
chocolate cake for breakfast, but just once. :-P

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane wrote:
> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message ...
> | What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> | variety in mine.
> |
> | Bob
>
> Surprisingly not yet mentioned: Cheesecake.
>
> pavane

Oh, I do that when I am LCing--which I should be.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Bob Muncie wrote:
>>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>>> variety in mine.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> Probably eggs Benedict or something akin to that. (Gee, I haven't
>> had that for a LONG time.)
>>
>> It is hard to choose a favorite though, since it depends on what
>> one has a hankering for, and then on whether whatever one cooks
>> up/consumes satisfies that hankering.
>>
>> Case in point... A couple of months ago, I wanted pancakes.
>> Couldn't decide whether I wanted buckwheat pancakes or blueberry
>> pancakes. The compromise (at a diner) was ployes with
>> blueberries, and they were perfect! The ployes are made with
>> golden buckwheat, which is/seems a lot less heavy than the normal
>> buckwheat flour. Coincidentally, I found light buckwheat flour
>> ju7st yesterday....
>>
>> Another breakfast when I am in the mood--corned beef hash, with a
>> good lashing of catsup, topped with egg(s).
>>
>> Or a tortilla Espagnola or similar thing that involves potatoes
>> and eggs...

> Oh... geez... go and get all complicated about breakfast!
>
> I'd just hide under the covers until sunset.
>
> Andy

Truth be told, I am more apt to eat these breakfast foods later in
the day, unless I eat them elsewhere. I don't like having a
lengthy prep time in the morning. Therefore something premade
(including leftovers and baked goods) work well for me.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Truth be told, I am more apt to eat these breakfast foods later in
> the day, unless I eat them elsewhere. I don't like having a
> lengthy prep time in the morning. Therefore something premade
> (including leftovers and baked goods) work well for me.

How long, between scones and coffee would I have to wait for sex? And more
sex?

Andy's Evil Twin

Andy, nods in agreement.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu said...

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:05:09 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
> -->ChattyCathy said...
> -->
> -->> Bob Muncie wrote:
> -->>
> -->>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> -->>> variety in mine.
> -->>
> -->> I could eat bacon and (fried) eggs for breakfast - well, make that
> -->> brunch - every day. If only my arteries would approve...
> -->
> -->[squeaking] You have our permission. --Cathy's arteries
>
> Hey Andy, send me an email.. got a funny Kiwi bacon ad to share

Sorry. Post it somewhere on-line. You haven't passed my trusted email list.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Truth be told, I am more apt to eat these breakfast foods later in
>> the day, unless I eat them elsewhere. I don't like having a
>> lengthy prep time in the morning. Therefore something premade
>> (including leftovers and baked goods) work well for me.

> How long, between scones and coffee would I have to wait for sex? And more
> sex?
>
> Andy's Evil Twin
>
> Andy, nods in agreement.

Forever?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Jean B. said...
>>
>>> Truth be told, I am more apt to eat these breakfast foods later in
>>> the day, unless I eat them elsewhere. I don't like having a
>>> lengthy prep time in the morning. Therefore something premade
>>> (including leftovers and baked goods) work well for me.

>> How long, between scones and coffee would I have to wait for sex? And
>> more sex?
>>
>> Andy's Evil Twin
>>
>> Andy, nods in agreement.

> Forever?

Well, how fair is that?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

> Okay, how about a breakfast salad?
>
> Baby greens and/or a good leaf, boston butter, romaine or iceberg
> lettuce, some crumbled bacon, a couple of quartered hard boiled eggs,
> maybe some thinly sliced ham and/or crumbled sausage, well done toast
> cut into cubes, all mixed up with your choice of dressings. I'd
> personally use a little lime based mayo on that or maybe some ranch
> dressing.
>
> Some gravy in place of dressing might work too if the green is baby
> spinach leaves. <eg>
>
> And you could always add a few beans... <snicker>

Brings to mind the well-known frisée salad with lardons and a poached egg.
Very nice for a light brunch.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> variety in mine.
>
> Bob

Usually the one I just had. Had sausage gravy and
biscuits this weekend. That's definitely one of
my favorites.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:

> On Aug 24, 1:04Â*am, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
>> variety in mine.
>>
>> Bob

> Cold Pizza.
> Lynn in Fargo

Et tu, Lynne? <sigh> I'll eat leftover pizza for breakfast, but it must
be hot!
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"pavane" > wrote:

> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> | What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> | variety in mine.
> |
> | Bob
>
> Surprisingly not yet mentioned: Cheesecake.
>
> pavane

Then there is always the traditional cold pizza...

and beer.

;-)

One of my #1 favorite post-holiday breakfasts is a hot turkey and
dressing sandwich on buttered toast. Preferably Sourdough or Jewish Rye.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Another breakfast when I am in the mood--corned beef hash, with a
> good lashing of catsup, topped with egg(s).

Ooh I recently made some Corned Beef hash for the first time in ages.
Dad was in heaven. :-)

From start:
http://i32.tinypic.com/15drr0k.jpg

To finish:
http://i29.tinypic.com/25p33ty.jpg

--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Bob Muncie > wrote:
> >
> >> What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> >> variety in mine.
> >>
> >> Bob

> > Surf and turf with eggs is #1.
> > (Steak, steamed eggs and saute'd shrimp)
> > Generally served with a breakfast salad for greens.
> >
> > Steak, bacon and eggs is good too:
> >
> > http://i31.tinypic.com/2kppcj.jpg
> >
> > Second favorite is Barbacoa breakfast taco with cheddar cheese, or a
> > good bean, bacon and cheese breakfast taco.
> >
> > Third favorite, whatever is left over in the 'frige that looks good
> > re-warmed. <g>
> >
> > Steak salad is good too.

> :-) Did I have to look to see who sent these very proteinous
> suggestions?
>
> Hey! How can you eat beans (unless soybeans) when you eschew
> almond flour as being too carby?

I eat only Black Soybeans.
A true low carb bean. :-)

And I eat them only very rarely when I just gotta have some beans... <g>
Eden Foods sells them.

I also have not had a breakfast taco in well over a year due to dieting.
<sigh> I miss them so too! No tortillas and I'd have to make them
myself to not be eating pinto beans which is what all the taquerias sell.

Just 'cause I like something does not mean I'm eating it right now. :-)
I need to be strict for at least another year as I still have 45 more
lbs. to lose...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> pavane wrote:
> > "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> > | What is "your" favorite breakfast? I'm asking as I'd like a little
> > | variety in mine.
> > |
> > | Bob
> >
> > Surprisingly not yet mentioned: Cheesecake.
> >
> > pavane
> >

> Oh, I do that when I am LCing--which I should be.

You make them crustless? :-)

Another good LC yummy is whipped cream with a little Splenda (or
whatever sweetener you like), a little vanilla or lemon or orange
extract, and plopped in aliquots on to a wax papered cookie sheet, then
frozen. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> > Okay, how about a breakfast salad?
> >
> > Baby greens and/or a good leaf, boston butter, romaine or iceberg
> > lettuce, some crumbled bacon, a couple of quartered hard boiled eggs,
> > maybe some thinly sliced ham and/or crumbled sausage, well done toast
> > cut into cubes, all mixed up with your choice of dressings. I'd
> > personally use a little lime based mayo on that or maybe some ranch
> > dressing.
> >
> > Some gravy in place of dressing might work too if the green is baby
> > spinach leaves. <eg>
> >
> > And you could always add a few beans... <snicker>

> Brings to mind the well-known frisée salad with lardons and a poached egg.
> Very nice for a light brunch.
>
> Bob

Yum!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Favorite breakfast tea? Bob Newell Tea 3 19-05-2017 09:40 AM
Do you have a favorite breakfast sausage? l not -l General Cooking 43 13-03-2014 06:59 PM
Got a favorite breakfast? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 65 23-08-2008 04:08 PM
My favorite breakfast Nick Cramer Diabetic 7 05-05-2008 02:07 AM
A favorite breakfast Nancree General Cooking 1 28-05-2004 04:16 PM