Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got a favorite breakfast?

Got a favorite breakfast?

I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
yogurt of some sort.

You?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote:
> Got a favorite breakfast?

Bacon & scrambled eggs

> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a
> while yogurt of some sort.

Could have fooled me! LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Andy <q> wrote:
>> Got a favorite breakfast?
>>

> Bacon & scrambled eggs
>
>> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a
>> while yogurt of some sort.
>>

> Could have fooled me! LOL
>
> Jill

Jill,

I'll be careful not to mention my biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast
addiction in front of you and the membership!!!

I'll only deny it in a food court of law ya know!?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l said...

-
> sausage gravy, biscuits and EggBeaters. I was planning to just toast

some
> of the Sweet Oatmeal bread I made Sunday and have bacon and cheese

omelet;
> but, that is completely out of the question now.

Sorry, l, not -l

I meant lunch?!!

Best

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Poe Poe is offline

Andy wrote:
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.
>
> You?

When I am going for protein I like Egg Beaters or All Whites with Boca
sausage patties, served with a smoky hot sauce like Tabasco Chipotle or
Chalula. This is as good as the real thing (eggs * sausage) with far
less fat and calories, and the whole thing can be done in the microwave
for easier cleanup.

When I am going for more of a mix of protein and carbs I am pretty
boring, either cereal or something creamy (cottage cheese or yogurt)
with fresh fruit like berries tossed in.

Garlic hummus with rye crisps sounds delicious!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Poe said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Got a favorite breakfast?
>>
>> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a

while
>> yogurt of some sort.
>>
>> You?

> When I am going for protein I like Egg Beaters or All Whites with Boca
> sausage patties, served with a smoky hot sauce like Tabasco Chipotle or
> Chalula. This is as good as the real thing (eggs * sausage) with far
> less fat and calories, and the whole thing can be done in the microwave
> for easier cleanup.
>
> When I am going for more of a mix of protein and carbs I am pretty
> boring, either cereal or something creamy (cottage cheese or yogurt)
> with fresh fruit like berries tossed in.
>
> Garlic hummus with rye crisps sounds delicious!

Poe,

I'm an eggbeaters fan too! A cholesterol thing.

Hadn't thought about the Boca sausage patties. I'll look at a box. I am a
seasoned Cholula fan!!!

Yep, my diet is boring compared to the ordinary human being.

I get the garlic hummus dip at TJs. They also make a decent pesto, in a
tub. Almost as good as mine (theirs doesn't include pine nuts). Crackers by
Kavli.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.
>
> You?

I would nominate crepes filled with yogurt and fruit and a little honey
drizzled over the top. It is a great thing to do if you have leftover
crepes, but too time consuming to do in the morning, unless you are
organized enough to make the batter the night before.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.
>
> You?

Coffee...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Got a favorite breakfast?
>>
>> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a

while
>> yogurt of some sort.
>>
>> You?

> I would nominate crepes filled with yogurt and fruit and a little honey
> drizzled over the top. It is a great thing to do if you have leftover
> crepes, but too time consuming to do in the morning, unless you are
> organized enough to make the batter the night before.

Dave Smith,

For a brief moment in time I made savory crépes for the general public.
Chef's hat and all!

Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it has
some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!

Best,

Andy
Probably still full o' shit, from way back when!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> jmcquown said...
>
>> Andy <q> wrote:
>>> Got a favorite breakfast?
>>>

>> Bacon & scrambled eggs
>>
>>> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a
>>> while yogurt of some sort.
>>>

>> Could have fooled me! LOL
>>
>> Jill

> Jill,
>
> I'll be careful not to mention my biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast
> addiction in front of you and the membership!!!
>
> I'll only deny it in a food court of law ya know!?

I was gonna say, what happened to the hot dogs?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.

I love ... eggs beaten then cooked in butter with just a little bit of diced
ham tossed in at the end, for flavor and texture and contrast. A side of
crispy hash browns with Daisy sour cream on the side is nice with this.

Eggs over easy with buttered whole wheat toast.

BOJANGLES sausage, egg and cheese biscuit!

I might have salad or yogurt and blueberries later in the day, but I want
the first meal to be a gooooood one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown said...

>>> Bacon & scrambled eggs

>>> Could have fooled me! LOL
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Jill,
>>
>> I'll be careful not to mention my biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast
>> addiction in front of you and the membership!!!
>>
>> I'll only deny it in a food court of law ya know!?
>>

> I was gonna say, what happened to the hot dogs?

No one can ever stop liking hot dogs, imho!

I have paid the price, once or twice.

Dammit!!!

Andy
T2
High BP
Gout
Hi Mom!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:05:15 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
>many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it has
>some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!

Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> I love ... eggs beaten then cooked in butter with just a little bit of
> diced ham tossed in at the end, for flavor and texture and contrast. A
> side of crispy hash browns with Daisy sour cream on the side is nice
> with this.
>
> Eggs over easy with buttered whole wheat toast.
>
> BOJANGLES sausage, egg and cheese biscuit!
>
> I might have salad or yogurt and blueberries later in the day, but I
> want the first meal to be a gooooood one.

Friggin' gourmet BUMS!!!

Can't we all just simplify?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:35:47 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>No one can ever stop liking hot dogs, imho!
>
>I have paid the price, once or twice.
>
>Dammit!!!
>
>Andy
>T2
>High BP
>Gout
>Hi Mom!

Well, at least your cholesterol is under control.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Got a favorite breakfast?
>>>
>>> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a

> while
>>> yogurt of some sort.
>>>
>>> You?

>> I would nominate crepes filled with yogurt and fruit and a little honey
>> drizzled over the top. It is a great thing to do if you have leftover
>> crepes, but too time consuming to do in the morning, unless you are
>> organized enough to make the batter the night before.

> Dave Smith,
>
> For a brief moment in time I made savory crépes for the general public.
> Chef's hat and all!
>
> Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
> many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it has
> some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
> Probably still full o' shit, from way back when!

Is... Oh, I just noticed that sig line and thought of the
intestinal "spackle" commercial....

Anyway... Is this something one is apt to make every day? If
not... Eggs Benedict (with TART Hollandaise Sauce)--or, if I am
feeling even more ambitious, Eggs Hussarde.

The only mandatory part of my everyday breakfast is coffee au
lait--and vitamins.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.
>
> You?

My all-time favorite breakfast dish is Eggs Benedict, which I have only once
or twice a year. Another fave is eggs scrambled with salsa and sharp cheddar
and wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. I also love sausage and cheese
kolaches (which are of Czech origin and popular in parts of TX).

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:05:15 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
>> many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it has
>> some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!

> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
> now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.

The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
>> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
>> now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.
>>

> The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.
>
> Tracy

Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.

Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:05:15 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
>>many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it
>>has some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!

> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
> now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.

sf,

It was called the 3Cs Cafe, just a few steps east of Euclid Ave., on Hearst
Ave. in Berkeley, CA.

I made crépes on giant flat steel grill. I'd spill out a portion of batter
and "steam roll" it out into a two foot diameter circle, let it set and
toss in ordered ingredients, then fold four ways into a rectangle, flip for
a few seconds and the plate with a spoon of Parmesan cheese (unless it was
a fruit crépe).

Next time we meet, I'll offer you one, then we can one or two Irish coffee
in S.F. and play around at the famous Palace pool hall "We Never Close"
on... Market??

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> The only mandatory part of my everyday breakfast is coffee au
> lait--and vitamins.

Jean B,

For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever, all
the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l said...

> On 19-Aug-2008, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Friggin' gourmet BUMS!!!
>>
>> Can't we all just simplify?
>>
>> Andy

> How, 'bout Tinkies, smothered in strawberry preserves. Glass of

chocolate
> milk. That's simplified 8-)

l, not -l,

Yeah, like that! OR a couple Walker's shortbread fingers and a cappuccino
or two?

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> How, 'bout Tinkies, smothered in strawberry preserves. Glass of chocolate
> milk. That's simplified 8-)

Twinkies are on my Top 20 Hated Foods list!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> The only mandatory part of my everyday breakfast is coffee au
>> lait--and vitamins.

> Jean B,
>
> For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever, all
> the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!
>
> Andy

I gather that time was in the past.... Oh, you have reminded me
that I need to post about coffee on a local list....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
>>> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
>>> now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.
>>>

>> The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.
>>
>> Tracy

> Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.
>
> Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)

I don't remember exactly - but I think it was in the Newbury
Street/Dartmouth Street area.

Now I want crepes.

Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
>>> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that
>>> chain now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.

>> The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.

> Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.
>
> Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)

Le Crepe used to be big. Or, was the La Crepe? ...

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>> Jean B. said...
>>
>>> The only mandatory part of my everyday breakfast is coffee au lait--and
>>> vitamins.

>> Jean B,
>>
>> For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever,
>> all the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!
>>
>> Andy

> I gather that time was in the past.... Oh, you have reminded me that I
> need to post about coffee on a local list....
>
> --

I think he meant "nothing but" a chef's hat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:
>>>>

>>> The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.
>>
>> Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)
>>

> I don't remember exactly - but I think it was in the Newbury
> Street/Dartmouth Street area.
>
> Now I want crepes.
>
> Tracy

Preferably made by someone else. I wonder whether anyone has
tried those crepes available in the produce department of stores?
(I don't even know whether they are still there, but I noticed
some within the last year or two....)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:10:37 -0400, Tracy > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:05:15 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>> Lost future interest in them, around about 1975. One can only injest so
>>> many Monterey jack cheese & spinach crépes on a regular basis before it has
>>> some irregular "less than pleseant" effect!

>> Ah, that was the time of the crepe craze. Did you make the crepes
>> them on upside down crepe pans? Can't remember the name of that chain
>> now. It wasn't a breakfast spot.
>>

>The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.

That's it, Magic Pan! I loved that place back in the day. Their
mushroom crepe was my favorite.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 8:05*am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Got a favorite breakfast?
>
> I'm a boring garlic hummus and rye crispbread guy, with a once in a while
> yogurt of some sort.
>
> You?

Occasional visit to the local greasy spoon for 'real' ham and eggs. Or
to the local bakery for fresh croissants and their excellent coffe,
with maybe a side order of bacon.

At home, just a couple of poached eggs on toast

John Kane Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:23:11 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Next time we meet, I'll offer you one, then we can one or two Irish coffee
>in S.F.

At the Buena Vista, of course.

>and play around at the famous Palace pool hall "We Never Close"
>on... Market??

Oh, boy, yes ,I remember that place! I think it closed though...
second or third story? Don't remember seeing it for a few years. If
you're interested, you could put a call out on Yelp and see what they
say.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Jean B. said...
>>
>>> The only mandatory part of my everyday breakfast is coffee au
>>> lait--and vitamins.

>> Jean B,
>>
>> For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever,
>> all the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!
>>
>> Andy

> I gather that time was in the past.... Oh, you have reminded me
> that I need to post about coffee on a local list....

Jean B,

Yes, quite, about 30 +/- years ago.

But DON'T for one second think I've lost my crépe touch!!!

I'll take Olympic gold!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kane wrote:

> Occasional visit to the local greasy spoon for 'real' ham and eggs. Or
> to the local bakery for fresh croissants and their excellent coffe,
> with maybe a side order of bacon.

I am not crazy about ham, but once in a while I like a little ham steak
with eggs. I have had to many disappointments when ordering ham and eggs
and finding that is just a thin slice of ham tube.

> At home, just a couple of poached eggs on toast

That was my father in law's usual breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yougurt Parfe - 1/2 cup of Low fat yogurt, 1/3 cup of cereal and
fresh fruits....
Tasty and refreshing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:

>>> The Magic Pan? There was one in Boston - it's been gone a long time.

>> Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.
>>
>> Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)

> Le Crepe used to be big. Or, was the La Crepe? ...
>
> nancy

Where was that? It would be nice to have access to such a place
again.

Actually, back to Tracy, more recently there was a crepe place in,
IIRC, Davis Sq., Somerville, MA. I need to go see whether a) it
is in my old restaurant list, and b) whether it even still exists....

Okay, my memory was actually correct.

Mr. Crepe
51 Davis Square
Somerville, MA 02144
(617) 623-0661
This still existed as of June

Also, and I gather this is not as good:

Paris Crepes and Smoothies (aka Paris Creperie?)
278 Harvard St
Brookline, MA 02446-2917
617-232-1770
See menu he

https://www.diningin.com/menu.aspx?b...staurantID=867

And:

1 Arrow Street Crepes
1 Arrow St Cambridge, MA [Harvard Sq.]
(617) 661-2737
See menu he

http://www.allmenus.com/menus/964/On...-Street-Crepes

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Jean B. wrote:

>>> Thanks. I was blanking on that too, and it was gonna bug me.
>>>
>>> Where was that? Beacon St.? Newbury St.? (or maybe neither...)

>> Le Crepe used to be big. Or, was the La Crepe? ...
>>
>> nancy

> Where was that? It would be nice to have access to such a place again.
>
> Actually, back to Tracy, more recently there was a crepe place in, IIRC,
> Davis Sq., Somerville, MA. I need to go see whether a) it is in my old
> restaurant list, and b) whether it even still exists....
>
> Okay, my memory was actually correct.

Nice selection of crepe places snipped....

I have a friend who lives in the Davis Square area - next time I am in
the neighborhood I will have to check it out.

Tracy
( I have been sitting on a recipe for dilled crepes with spinach
forEVER. Time to make them. But I just came back from vacation and I am
still on "wait on me hand and foot mode".)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Jean B. said...

>>> Jean B,
>>>
>>> For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever,
>>> all the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I gather that time was in the past.... Oh, you have reminded me
>> that I need to post about coffee on a local list....

> Jean B,
>
> Yes, quite, about 30 +/- years ago.
>
> But DON'T for one second think I've lost my crépe touch!!!
>
> I'll take Olympic gold!!!
>

> Best,
>
> Andy

I don't think I have ever attempted a crepe. Recently, I was
thinking I'd try to make Jian Bing, but I doubt I'd succeed.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Poe Poe is offline

Andy wrote:
> cybercat said...
>
>> I love ... eggs beaten then cooked in butter with just a little bit of
>> diced ham tossed in at the end, for flavor and texture and contrast. A
>> side of crispy hash browns with Daisy sour cream on the side is nice
>> with this.
>>
>> Eggs over easy with buttered whole wheat toast.
>>
>> BOJANGLES sausage, egg and cheese biscuit!
>>
>> I might have salad or yogurt and blueberries later in the day, but I
>> want the first meal to be a gooooood one.

> Friggin' gourmet BUMS!!!
>
> Can't we all just simplify?

My favorite very simple meal is cold leftover pizza, especially
mushroom. I brutalize all my food, and would give this a heavy shake of
red hot pepper flakes and garlic powder. Beverage of choice with that is
very cold skim milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:23:11 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Next time we meet, I'll offer you one, then we can one or two Irish

coffee
>>in S.F.

> At the Buena Vista, of course.
>
>>and play around at the famous Palace pool hall "We Never Close"
>>on... Market??

> Oh, boy, yes ,I remember that place! I think it closed though...
> second or third story? Don't remember seeing it for a few years. If
> you're interested, you could put a call out on Yelp and see what they
> say.

sf,

Didn't we discuss the Buena Vista on chat, Geary and...? Best Irish Coffee
on earth, if you werent clost by Ireland?!?

The Palace, in my memory was famous for the Minnesota Fatts and Willy
Moscone challenges!!!

There was so much smoke in the place as I remember that it actually came
out of the front doors which were three stories dowmstars! I smoked then so
I wasn't bothered.

Never met either of the two pool sharks! Before my time.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Jean B. said...

>>> Jean B,
>>>
>>> For a brief moment in time, I could make you the best Cafe Latté ever,
>>> all the while, while wearing a chef's hat!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I gather that time was in the past.... Oh, you have reminded me that I
>> need to post about coffee on a local list....
>>
>> --

> I think he meant "nothing but" a chef's hat.

I wondered about that....

--
Jean B.

Favorite breakfast tea? Bob Newell Tea 3 19-05-2017 09:40 AM
Do you have a favorite breakfast sausage? l not -l General Cooking 43 13-03-2014 07:59 PM
Favorite Breakfast Bob Muncie General Cooking 163 02-09-2009 02:22 AM
My favorite breakfast Nick Cramer Diabetic 7 05-05-2008 02:07 AM
A favorite breakfast Nancree General Cooking 1 28-05-2004 04:16 PM