Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?

Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?

I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time poured
on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9 And
a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
nutritional supplements.

I'm done eating for the day.

You?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>
> I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time poured
> on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9 And
> a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
> nutritional supplements.
>
> I'm done eating for the day.

I haven't even started eating for today yet. For some reason, I am
jonezin' for some Ore-Ida tater tots. I haven't had any for a while so I
will be leaving shortly to go over to Wegman's (the nearest supermarket
to me) to buy a bag of them. I have some brown eggs in the fridge
already so breakfast will be scrambled eggs, tater tots, and maybe some
turkey sausage and washed down with Diet Pepsi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
> I haven't even started eating for today yet. For some reason, I am
> jonezin' for some Ore-Ida tater tots. I haven't had any for a while so I
> will be leaving shortly to go over to Wegman's (the nearest supermarket
> to me) to buy a bag of them. I have some brown eggs in the fridge
> already so breakfast will be scrambled eggs, tater tots, and maybe some
> turkey sausage and washed down with Diet Pepsi.

Mornin' Stan! [waving]

Ya know... I'm about sick and tired of waiting for the Malvern, ChestCO,
Wegmans (2010). And all of a sudden there's a Wegmans coming to
Collegeville, MontCO (October, 2009)?

I've been waiting almost four years, iirc.

The BUMS!!!

Best,

Andy
--
P.S. Sunday brunch again sometime soon? Email me if ya feel like it. --A
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 May 2009 04:44:13 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>
>I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time poured
>on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9 And
>a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
>nutritional supplements.
>
>I'm done eating for the day.

Regular scrambled eggs and a pumpernickel bagel (no schmere).

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> Regular scrambled eggs and a pumpernickel bagel (no schmere).

sf,

Why no schmere? Are we not feeling well today?

Pumpernickel... nice touch, as far as dough goes.

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:16:39 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>sf said...
>
>> Regular scrambled eggs and a pumpernickel bagel (no schmere).

>sf,
>
>Why no schmere? Are we not feeling well today?
>
>Pumpernickel... nice touch, as far as dough goes.

I like my bagels fresh and plain. I don't even want them sliced!

However, I changed my mind after typing. The bagel was 2 days old and
getting stale, so I split it and toasted it very lightly. Had plain
schmere with raspberry jam on top after all.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:16:39 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>sf said...
>>
>>> Regular scrambled eggs and a pumpernickel bagel (no schmere).

>>sf,
>>
>>Why no schmere? Are we not feeling well today?
>>
>>Pumpernickel... nice touch, as far as dough goes.
>>

> I like my bagels fresh and plain. I don't even want them sliced!
>
> However, I changed my mind after typing. The bagel was 2 days old and
> getting stale, so I split it and toasted it very lightly. Had plain
> schmere with raspberry jam on top after all.

sf,

Your reply post prompted me to call the local bagel shop in town to see if
they're open tomorrow but being Sunday, they're closed.

So they're not NYC famous bagels but they're very good compared to any
place else around.

I'll have to hit them up on Monday.

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:21:41 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>sf,
>
>Your reply post prompted me to call the local bagel shop in town to see if
>they're open tomorrow but being Sunday, they're closed.

What? They should be closed Saturday and open Sunday!

>So they're not NYC famous bagels but they're very good compared to any
>place else around.
>
>I'll have to hit them up on Monday.

Don't forget a few slices of lox too. Lox is always nice with a
bagel, especially when you have to *wait* for it!

sf -> patting Andy on the shoulder

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>
> I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time poured
> on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9 And
> a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
> nutritional supplements.
>
> I'm done eating for the day.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Just a scone. I was out the door very early and didn't have much
time.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>
> I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time
> poured
> on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9
> And
> a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
> nutritional supplements.
>
> I'm done eating for the day.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Scrambled eggs with cheese and fried onions on a Kaiser roll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:21:41 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>sf

Ahh... hadn't thought of that. A Sabbath ritual.

There's a restaurant somewhere in Boston (from a TV show food segment) that
would for Sabbath sell their restaurant to gentiles and then re-receive
ownership back on Monday. I don't know if they shared in the profits but it
kept it open seven days a week.

I forget the name of the place but the idea was indeed a novel one. First
I'd heard of such a practice.

>>Your reply post prompted me to call the local bagel shop in town to see

if
>>they're open tomorrow but being Sunday, they're closed.

> What? They should be closed Saturday and open Sunday!
>

>>So they're not NYC famous bagels but they're very good compared to any
>>place else around.
>>
>>I'll have to hit them up on Monday.
>>

> Don't forget a few slices of lox too. Lox is always nice with a
> bagel, especially when you have to *wait* for it!
>

> sf -> patting Andy on the shoulder

Lox are OK although a little too salty for my taste, iirc.

Thanks.

Andy --> Patting sf on the... (I better not say!)
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mort Adella said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9C0D3A26437DCotD@

216.196.97.131...
>> Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>>
>> I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time
>> poured
>> on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef.

:9
>> And
>> a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
>> nutritional supplements.
>>
>> I'm done eating for the day.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Scrambled eggs with cheese and fried onions on a Kaiser roll.

Mort <G>,

On a soft Kaiser roll I'd suspect?

There was a man who bought my old hair salon building and turned it into a
burger joint. He was a greasy spoon kinda guy.

I gave his burger a try (once!) but he served it on a hard Kaiser roll and
it tended to ooze out from the edges before you could get a decent bite.

I asked him for an ordinary burger bun but he didn't have any.

He closed months afterwards.

The replacement restaurant (new ownership) is now a neighborhood favorite!

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Just a scone. I was out the door very early and didn't have much
> time.

Jean B,

What? Just a scone? You skipped your dueling lattés?? ;-)

Andy
--
Worried
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 May 2009 14:01:09 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Lox are OK although a little too salty for my taste, iirc.

Huh, I've never associated a salty taste with lox.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

>>Lox are OK although a little too salty for my taste, iirc.

> Huh, I've never associated a salty taste with lox.

sf,

There's a boxed brand of smoked salmon, can't remember the name, that is
extremely salty, sold at the supermarket.

I much prefer the poached salmon that is served at Sunday brunch. They also
serve the lox too but I don't give it a second glance, just because.

Maybe I'll make one of my rare Sunday brunch appearances and double-check.

Maybe I might even have a real cup of coffee!

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Breakfast on any given May 16, 2009?
>
> I re-did Lin's Eggbeaters wgww French toast and then at the same time poured
> on the calories and fat with a box of microwaved creamed chipped beef. :9 And
> a tall glass of fat-free (why do I bother!?) milk and several typical
> nutritional supplements.
>
> I'm done eating for the day.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

6 oz. of leftover smoked sausage.

That's it.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Just a scone. I was out the door very early and didn't have much
>> time.

> Jean B,
>
> What? Just a scone? You skipped your dueling lattés?? ;-)
>
> Andy

Of course not! Those go without saying. I had two. Actually
they are cafes au lait not lattes.

--
Jean B.