Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

You?

Andy

Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, Andy wrote:
Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

You?

Andy

None yet, but the brisket is in the oven, and smells heavenly an hour
into the process!

maxine in ri
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine said...

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, Andy wrote:
Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

You?

Andy

None yet, but the brisket is in the oven, and smells heavenly an hour
into the process!

maxine in ri,

I've never cooked a brisket.

I might as well live on another planet. Might try Earth!

Best,

Andy
Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" wrote:

Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I deduce
that the bacon is imitation?

You?

Too early.

But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later and
Fress!
I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a salad
made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style, only I had
a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private stash of 2ni
olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg

Old 07-09-2009, 01:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
"Andy" wrote:
Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I deduce
that the bacon is imitation?

You?

Too early.

But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later and
Fress!
I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a salad
made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style, only I had
a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private stash of 2ni
olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg

Did you consider it possible that those trying to eat healthy might have
eggs (whites) or egg substitute from a small carton (like a small milk
carton)? I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact
every little bit helps, right?

bob

Old 07-09-2009, 02:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie said...

brooklyn1 wrote:
"Andy" wrote:
[...]

Sheldon and most of the membership knows I'm very much on the Eggbeaters
side of eggs for breakfast. Nucularized even.

I'd only fault Sheldon for chiming in on a breakfast thread when he may not
even sit down to lunch! The BUM!!!

Andy
Old 07-09-2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:35:41 -0500, Andy wrote:

--Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
--
--Bacon and real eggs!
--

Turkey bacon, egg beaters, rye toast. Going for brunch with the kid so didn't
want to eat heavy.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" wrote
I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact every little
bit helps, right?

Yes, this is the conclusion I reached recently. The little dilemma was,
though I have made various roasted meats, tried different things, the fact
is, my husband likes lunch meat best for sandwiches, which are important
because in the morning he will have a)nothing or b) horrible fast food
unless he has something quick and easy to grab. And lunch meat is crap, so
high in saturated fat, salt, and cholesterol, as well as nitrates for much
of it. Still, one piece of this meat and a thin piece of cheese, are
vehicles for two slices of whole grain bread that delivers 6 grams of fiber,
plus fresh tomatoes and onions. Not a bad tradeoff when the alternative is a
Big Mac or nothing at all.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Bob Muncie" wrote
I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact every
little bit helps, right?

Yes, this is the conclusion I reached recently. The little dilemma was,
though I have made various roasted meats, tried different things, the fact
is, my husband likes lunch meat best for sandwiches, which are important
because in the morning he will have a)nothing or b) horrible fast food
unless he has something quick and easy to grab. And lunch meat is crap, so
high in saturated fat, salt, and cholesterol, as well as nitrates for much
of it. Still, one piece of this meat and a thin piece of cheese, are
vehicles for two slices of whole grain bread that delivers 6 grams of
fiber, plus fresh tomatoes and onions. Not a bad tradeoff when the
alternative is a Big Mac or nothing at all.

He is lucky you make the effort.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote:

He is lucky you make the effort.

Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a while!
And I know I am often persnickety ....

Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote:

He is lucky you make the effort.

Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a
while! And I know I am often persnickety ....

Why in the world would I not be speaking to you..........??????????????

Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, watermelon, my sister's wild plum jelly
and coffee.

Becca
Old 07-09-2009, 04:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, watermelon, my sister's wild plum jelly
and coffee.

Becca

Becca,

Ya trumped my bacon & eggs!!!

Thought I might gain favor by using real eggs.

Best,

Andy
Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

You?

Andy

Chocolate muffin. THREE cafes au lait. Pondering lunch now.

--
Jean B.