Old 18-12-2008, 11:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Cottage Dill Loaf

"Damsel in dis Dress"
This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the baker.

Cottage Dill Loaf

Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall
running into the recipe in the 60s.

Old 18-12-2008, 12:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
"Damsel in dis Dress"
This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the
baker.

Cottage Dill Loaf

Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall
running into the recipe in the 60s.

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with
dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.
Janet

Old 18-12-2008, 01:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" ha scritto nel messaggio
Giusi wrote:
"Damsel in dis Dress"
This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the
baker.

Cottage Dill Loaf

Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall
running into the recipe in the 60s.

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with
dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

Janet

My source is the cut out page from Better Homes and Gardens magazine which I
stuck in my BH&G cookbook. Mine doesn't have wheat germ, however.

Old 18-12-2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
"Damsel in dis Dress"
This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the
baker.

Cottage Dill Loaf

Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I
recall running into the recipe in the 60s.

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some
with dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but
it seems like it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.
Janet

My source is the cut out page from Better Homes and Gardens magazine
which I stuck in my BH&G cookbook. Mine doesn't have wheat germ,
however.

I meant the source of the original idea for using cottage cheese. There are
numerous bread books, cookbooks, and magazine recipes of that era that carry
the recipe or similar. I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways to
use cottage cheese.
Janet

Old 19-12-2008, 03:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:58:14 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
wrote:

I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways to
use cottage cheese.

Without a doubt!

Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
product.

Mae West

Old 19-12-2008, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways
use cottage cheese.

Without a doubt!

Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
product.

Mae West

ASSHOLE

--
GOD, MY COCK IS HUGE!

Old 19-12-2008, 05:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:51:49 -0800, "Artie Zip" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways
use cottage cheese.

Without a doubt!

Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
product.

Mae West

ASSHOLE

Oh JeBus, you're such a sweetie pie. LOL

Mae West
Old 19-12-2008, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 05:58:45 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
wrote:

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with
dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

I _think_ cottage dill loaf is a Pillsbury bake off winning or
finalist recipe.

Tara
Old 20-12-2008, 03:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some
with dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it
seems like it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

I _think_ cottage dill loaf is a Pillsbury bake off winning or
finalist recipe.

Tara

That would be an excellent spur to getting the cottage cheese bread thing
going. I don't think I've ever seen it in any of by Pillsbury bake-off
books, but I don't have them all. I never thought of the bake-off. Thanks.
Janet