Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick[_2_] Janet Bostwick[_2_] is offline

Default REC - Cottage Dill Loaf

Giusi wrote:
> "Janet Bostwick" ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Giusi wrote:
>>> "Damsel in dis Dress"
>>>>
>>> Cottage Dill Loaf

>>> I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I
>>> recall>> running into the recipe in the 60s.

>> Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some
>> with > dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but
>> it seems like > it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.
>> Janet

> My source is the cut out page from Better Homes and Gardens magazine
> which I stuck in my BH&G cookbook. Mine doesn't have wheat germ,
> however.

I meant the source of the original idea for using cottage cheese. There are
numerous bread books, cookbooks, and magazine recipes of that era that carry
the recipe or similar. I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways to
use cottage cheese.
Janet