Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Cottage Dill Loaf

"Damsel in dis Dress"
> This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the> baker.

Cottage Dill Loaf

> Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall
running into the recipe in the 60s.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
> "Damsel in dis Dress"
>> This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the>
>> baker.
>>

> Cottage Dill Loaf
>>
>> Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

> I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall
> running into the recipe in the 60s.

Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with
dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" ha scritto nel messaggio
> Giusi wrote:
>> "Damsel in dis Dress"
>>> This is a recipe of my mom's. Everyone loved the bread. And the>
>>> baker.
>>>

>> Cottage Dill Loaf
>>>
>>> Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress

>> I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I recall>>
>> running into the recipe in the 60s.

> Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with >
> dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
> > it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

> Janet

My source is the cut out page from Better Homes and Gardens magazine which I
stuck in my BH&G cookbook. Mine doesn't have wheat germ, however.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
> "Janet Bostwick" ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Giusi wrote:
>>> "Damsel in dis Dress"
>>>>
>>> Cottage Dill Loaf

>>> I used to make that all the time! It's very good. I think I
>>> recall>> running into the recipe in the 60s.

>> Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some
>> with > dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but
>> it seems like > it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.
>> Janet

> My source is the cut out page from Better Homes and Gardens magazine
> which I stuck in my BH&G cookbook. Mine doesn't have wheat germ,
> however.

I meant the source of the original idea for using cottage cheese. There are
numerous bread books, cookbooks, and magazine recipes of that era that carry
the recipe or similar. I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways to
use cottage cheese.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:58:14 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> wrote:

>I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
>Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways to
>use cottage cheese.

Without a doubt!

Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
product.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:58:14 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> > wrote:
>
>>I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
>>Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways
>>use cottage cheese.

> Without a doubt!
>
> Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
> put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
> product.
>

> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

ASSHOLE

--
GOD, MY COCK IS HUGE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:51:49 -0800, "Artie Zip" > wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:58:14 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I was proposing that perhaps the American Dairy
>>>Council or the like had come up with the recipe to promote different ways
>>>use cottage cheese.

>> Without a doubt!
>>
>> Those recipes are usually pretty good. They wouldn't intentionally
>> put out crappy recipes if they really want people to buy their
>> product.
>>

>> --
>> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
>> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>>
>> Mae West

>ASSHOLE

Oh JeBus, you're such a sweetie pie. LOL

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 05:58:45 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> wrote:

>Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some with
>dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it seems like
>it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

I _think_ cottage dill loaf is a Pillsbury bake off winning or
finalist recipe.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 05:58:45 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> > wrote:
>
>> Yes, all of the cottage cheese recipes showed up in the 60s. Some
>> with dill, some had other flavor. I never traced the source, but it
>> seems like it would be originally a dairy promotion recipe.

> I _think_ cottage dill loaf is a Pillsbury bake off winning or
> finalist recipe.
>
> Tara

That would be an excellent spur to getting the cottage cheese bread thing
going. I don't think I've ever seen it in any of by Pillsbury bake-off
books, but I don't have them all. I never thought of the bake-off. Thanks.
Janet