Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REQ: Beef Short Ribs

I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and perhaps
spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
methods.

All suggestions gratefully received...

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 03(III)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 21 Mar 2008 09:12:44p, Wayne Boatwright told us...

> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and
> perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far
> as cooking methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...
>
> TIA

Following up to my own post, I am not intrested in recipes that contain red
wine. Beer, stout, etc., would be okay.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 03(III)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Good Friday
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 2dys 1hrs 45mins
I'd love to, but the man on TV said to
stay tuned.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Short Ribs

This is a recipe my mom started making in the 70's. She doesn't remember
where she got it, but we don't care. It's still a family favorite. I serve
it with a green vegetable and rice. Enjoy, Lynne

DEVILED SHORT RIBS OF BEEF

4 lbs. short ribs of beef
1 medium onion, sliced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup flour

Brown ribs well over moderately high heat, started in cold stewpot. Discard
fat.
Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 3/4 hours. Pour off all
grease again.
Add onion and bay leaf and return to low heat. Mix ginger, brown sugar,
salt, and pepper together in small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and soy sauce.
Add to ribs.
Mix catsup and water and add to pot. Cover and cook for at least 1/2 hour,
until meat is tender.
Pour off cooking liquid to measure. Discard bay leaf. Add water if necessary
to make 2 cups liquid. Shake flour into the liquid to make a thin sauce.
Return to pot and bring to a light boil, stirring well to thicken sauce.
Serve immediately with cooked noodles.
NOTE: If it is necessary to add water to the cooking liquid for the sauce,
first add the flour to the cold water and shake vigorously in a jar or
shaker. If the flour forms lumps, use a hand blender or whisk to smooth out
the lumps before stirring into the hot liquid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and perhaps
> spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
> methods.

Just don't do like we did, on our first attempt at cooking (anything) in
a pressure cooker! I fell for the short ribs in barbecue sauce recipe,
and we cooked them up. Only I missed the part about turning down the
heat and lowering the pressure part way through. They turned out quite
tasty, but you could eat the bones almost as easily as the meat!

Dave
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 21 Mar 2008 11:06:44p, Dave Bell told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
>> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as
>> far as cooking methods.

> Just don't do like we did, on our first attempt at cooking (anything) in
> a pressure cooker! I fell for the short ribs in barbecue sauce recipe,
> and we cooked them up. Only I missed the part about turning down the
> heat and lowering the pressure part way through. They turned out quite
> tasty, but you could eat the bones almost as easily as the meat!
>
> Dave

Oh, I understand. I've been using a pressure cooker since the 1960s, and
learned the lesson about pressure and timing ages ago.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 03(III)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Good Friday
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 2dys 15mins
Don't wait. Procrastinate NOW!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 21 Mar 2008 11:01:55p, King's Crown told us...

> This is a recipe my mom started making in the 70's. She doesn't
> remember where she got it, but we don't care. It's still a family
> favorite. I serve it with a green vegetable and rice. Enjoy, Lynne
>

> DEVILED SHORT RIBS OF BEEF
>
> 4 lbs. short ribs of beef
> 1 medium onion, sliced
> 1 bay leaf
> 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
> 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
> 2 tablespoons lemon juice
> 1/4 cup soy sauce
> 1/2 cup catsup
> 1/2 cup water
> 1/4 cup flour
>
> Brown ribs well over moderately high heat, started in cold stewpot.
> Discard fat.
> Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 3/4 hours. Pour off all
> grease again.
> Add onion and bay leaf and return to low heat. Mix ginger, brown sugar,
> salt, and pepper together in small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and soy
> sauce. Add to ribs.
> Mix catsup and water and add to pot. Cover and cook for at least 1/2
> hour, until meat is tender.
> Pour off cooking liquid to measure. Discard bay leaf. Add water if
> necessary to make 2 cups liquid. Shake flour into the liquid to make a
> thin sauce. Return to pot and bring to a light boil, stirring well to
> thicken sauce. Serve immediately with cooked noodles.
> NOTE: If it is necessary to add water to the cooking liquid for the
> sauce, first add the flour to the cold water and shake vigorously in a
> jar or shaker. If the flour forms lumps, use a hand blender or whisk to
> smooth out the lumps before stirring into the hot liquid.

Thanks, Lynne. This sounds delicious, and different than what I've been
making. Will try it tomorrow.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 03(III)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Good Friday
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 2dys 5mins
I'm not dead. I'm
electroencephelographically challenged.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel
> messaggio 3.184...
>>I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
>> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and
>> perhaps
>> spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
>> methods.
>>
>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>

> One way I love them is barised over polenta. Here I assume perhaps 6
> ribs. I brown them in olive oil in a heavy pan, remove them, then wilt a
> couple of onions cut into spears, a couple of whole garlic cloves in the
> oil. Sometimes I now deglaze the pot with either a fortified wine like
> Sherry or Marsala, with brandy or with red wine. They are all fine, just
> a bit different.

I then upend a 28 ounce tin of San Marzano (or other) tomatoes , put back
the ribs with juices that have leaked out, add a couple of cloves, maybe a
tsp of salt (not too much at first since it cooks down) a couple of bay
leaves, 2 allspice, and in winter, some orange rind, fresh or dried. Cover
and cook in a low oven for several hours, checking once in a while to be
sure it isn't drying out. If it gets too dry add a little hot water.

When the ribs are very done and the sauce is very flavorful, correct for
salt. I remove the ribs and allow them to cool enough so that with surgical
gloves I can remove most of the fat, but old-time Italians never did that!
If you do, gently bring them back to warm in the sauce.

Pour hot and creamy polenta (my absolute preference, but some may like 'made
the day before' polenta which when cold is cut into bars and
grilled/broiled) onto a serving dish and top with this brasato. You may
grate cheese over it over allow diners to do so.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:
> This is a recipe my mom started making in the 70's. She doesn't remember
> where she got it, but we don't care. It's still a family favorite. I serve
> it with a green vegetable and rice. Enjoy, Lynne
>

> DEVILED SHORT RIBS OF BEEF
>
> 4 lbs. short ribs of beef
> 1 medium onion, sliced
> 1 bay leaf
> 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
> 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
> 2 tablespoons lemon juice
> 1/4 cup soy sauce
> 1/2 cup catsup
> 1/2 cup water
> 1/4 cup flour

Did the recipe originally include mustard?
I always thought "Deviled" included mustard, sort of how
"Florentine" implies spinach is included?

The recipe does sound good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 21 Mar 2008 09:12:44p, Wayne Boatwright told us...
>
>> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
>> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker,
>> as far as cooking methods.
>>
>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Following up to my own post, I am not intrested in recipes that
> contain red wine. Beer, stout, etc., would be okay.

How do you feel about bourbon? <wink> From the grits.com site; originally
attributed to Emeril.

Short Ribs Bourbon Stew with White Cheddar Grits

4 lbs. beef short-ribs, cut into individual ribs
4 c. beef or veal stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried
1 pint pearl onions
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. baby carrots or 1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 c. olive oil
1 c. baby turnips or 1 cup sliced turnips
1/2 c. bourbon
1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
3 Tbs. chopped garlic
1/4 c. finely chopped parsley
3 bay leaves
2 Tbs. prepared horseradish

In a mixing bowl, season the short-ribs with salt and pepper. Toss with
flour and mix well. In a large dutch oven, add 1/2 cup of oil. Add 1/2 batch
of the meat a time and brown them. Repeat. After 3 or 4 minutes, take the
beef ribs out and set aside. Add 1/2 cup bourbon to deglaze pan. Add stock,
garlic, bay leaves, thyme and a teaspoon black pepper. Then add short ribs
back to the pan with stock. Simmer on low for 2 hours. In a mixing bowl,
add pearl onions, baby carrots, baby turnips, quartered potatoes. Add
vegetables to stew and cook for 1/2 hour. Stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped
parsley then add the prepared horseradish. Check the seasonings; add salt
and pepper if needed. Keep warm until ready to serve with grits. If you
want
to thicken the stew make a slurry with 2 Tbs. flour (or 2 Tbs. cornstarch)
+ 2 tablespoon water and mix into the broth.

Serve with white cheddar grits:

2-1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. quick-cooking (not instant!) grits
2 Tbs. heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 c. grated white cheddar cheese

Bring the milk, seasoned with salt, to boil in a medium-size saucepan over
medium heat. Add the remaining butter. While stirring, slowly add the grits,
breaking up any lumps. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
the grits are tender and slightly thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the heavy
cream and 1/4 cup of the cheese, stirring until the cheese is completely
melted. Season with salt/pepper.

NOTE: The recipe never did say what to do with the other 1/4 c. of cheese.
Sprinkle it on top or omit.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker,
> as far as cooking methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...
>
> TIA

Korean Shortrib Barbecue

4 pounds well trimmed beef shortribs, sawed through the bone at 2 1/2 inch
intervals
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
2 tablespoons sesame seed
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
1/2 teaspoon pepper

With bone side down, dice-cut the 2 1/2 inch shortrib cubes as follows: Cut
meat halfway to the bone every 1/2 inch in one direction; at right angles,
cut every 1/2 inch, but go only 1/2 inch deep. To make the marinade,
combine the soy sauce, water, onions, sesame seed, sugar, garlic and pepper.
Put the scored pieces of meat into marinade and chill, covered, in
refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.

Place meat, bone side down, on barbecue grill over high heat. When brown,
turn and cook on meat side. Lift and turn meat throughout cooking time
(about 15 minutes) to expose all surfaces to heat. Cook until crisply
browned and done to your preference. Makes 4 servings.

Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and perhaps
> spicy recipe. �I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
> methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...

The Cook's Exchange; Marlene Tobin, La Quinta CA

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 1/4 pounds beef short ribs
2 onions, quartered
1 8 1/4-ounce can pineapple chunks with syrup
1 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350�F. Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof pot over
medium-high heat. Add ribs and brown well, turning frequently, about
10 minutes. Add onions, pineapple with syrup, broth, chili sauce,
honey, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to ribs; stir to coat. Cover
pot and bake ribs 1 hour. Uncover and bake until ribs are tender,
about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with
parsley.
---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> Another keeper! Thanks, Janet. I'm saving this!

All the recipes look great. I once posted this recipe, it's very
tasty. This recipe is from a cookbook I had from ages ago, I
certainly add more seasoning than it calls for. I believe they are
called Hungarian because of the miniscule amount of paprika.
(laugh)
Hungarian Short Ribs

4 pounds beef short ribs
2 medium onions, sliced
1 15 ounch can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika
6 ounces medium noodles

Cut ribs into serving size pieces; trim excess fat.
In Dutch oven, brown ribs on all sides. Add onions. Blend
together tomato sauce, ONE cup of the water, brown sugar,
vinegar, etc etc through the paprika; pour over meat. Cover and
simmer until meat is almost tender, about 2 hours.

Skim off fat. Stir in noodles and remaining 1 cup water.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, till noodles are tender,
20 to 25 minutes more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
:

> ONE cup of the water, brown sugar,
> vinegar, etc etc through the paprika; pour over meat. Cover and
> simmer until meat is almost tender, about 2 hours.

are you saying only use 1 cup of water...or blend stuff with one of the two
cups of water?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> ONE cup of the water, brown sugar,
>> vinegar, etc etc through the paprika; pour over meat. Cover and
>> simmer until meat is almost tender, about 2 hours.

> are you saying only use 1 cup of water...or blend stuff with one of the
> two
> cups of water?

One of the two cups. The other cup is added later with the noodles.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:41:31 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>King's Crown wrote:
>> This is a recipe my mom started making in the 70's. She doesn't remember
>> where she got it, but we don't care. It's still a family favorite. I serve
>> it with a green vegetable and rice. Enjoy, Lynne
>>

>> DEVILED SHORT RIBS OF BEEF
>>
>> 4 lbs. short ribs of beef
>> 1 medium onion, sliced
>> 1 bay leaf
>> 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
>> 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
>> 2 tablespoons lemon juice
>> 1/4 cup soy sauce
>> 1/2 cup catsup
>> 1/2 cup water
>> 1/4 cup flour

>Did the recipe originally include mustard?
>I always thought "Deviled" included mustard, sort of how
>"Florentine" implies spinach is included?
>
>The recipe does sound good!

i wondered where the hot stuff was, too. i don't think the ginger
would do it.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 02:56:36a, Giusi told us...

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel
>> messaggio 3.184...
>>>I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>>>I've
>>> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and
>>> perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far
>>> as cooking methods.
>>>
>>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>>

>> One way I love them is barised over polenta. Here I assume perhaps 6
>> ribs. I brown them in olive oil in a heavy pan, remove them, then wilt
>> a couple of onions cut into spears, a couple of whole garlic cloves in
>> the oil. Sometimes I now deglaze the pot with either a fortified wine
>> like Sherry or Marsala, with brandy or with red wine. They are all
>> fine, just a bit different.

> I then upend a 28 ounce tin of San Marzano (or other) tomatoes , put
> back the ribs with juices that have leaked out, add a couple of cloves,
> maybe a tsp of salt (not too much at first since it cooks down) a couple
> of bay leaves, 2 allspice, and in winter, some orange rind, fresh or
> dried. Cover and cook in a low oven for several hours, checking once in
> a while to be sure it isn't drying out. If it gets too dry add a little
> hot water.
>
> When the ribs are very done and the sauce is very flavorful, correct for
> salt. I remove the ribs and allow them to cool enough so that with
> surgical gloves I can remove most of the fat, but old-time Italians
> never did that! If you do, gently bring them back to warm in the sauce.
>
> Pour hot and creamy polenta (my absolute preference, but some may like
> 'made the day before' polenta which when cold is cut into bars and
> grilled/broiled) onto a serving dish and top with this brasato. You may
> grate cheese over it over allow diners to do so.

This sounds like wonderful recipe, definitely a keeper! I love polenta
both ways, either creamy or cold, sliced, and grilled.

Thanks so much!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 06:13:21a, Janet Bostwick told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
>> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as
>> far as cooking methods.
>>
>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Korean Shortrib Barbecue
>
> 4 pounds well trimmed beef shortribs, sawed through the bone at 2 1/2
> inch intervals
> 1/2 cup soy sauce
> 1/2 cup water
> 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
> 2 tablespoons sesame seed
> 2 tablespoons sugar
> 2 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
>

> With bone side down, dice-cut the 2 1/2 inch shortrib cubes as follows:
> Cut meat halfway to the bone every 1/2 inch in one direction; at right
> angles, cut every 1/2 inch, but go only 1/2 inch deep. To make the
> marinade, combine the soy sauce, water, onions, sesame seed, sugar,
> garlic and pepper. Put the scored pieces of meat into marinade and
> chill, covered, in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
>

> Place meat, bone side down, on barbecue grill over high heat. When
> brown, turn and cook on meat side. Lift and turn meat throughout
> cooking time (about 15 minutes) to expose all surfaces to heat. Cook
> until crisply browned and done to your preference. Makes 4 servings.
>
> Janet

Thanks, Janet! This is defintely a great barbeque prep for them, and I
will definitely try it next go around. They sounds delicious! This time
it's something I want to do in a pot.

I think I've eaten them prepared similarly in a Korean restaurant, but
never knew what they used.

Thanks again!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 13hrs 30mins
Sometimes on a rainy day, I sit around
and weed the losers out of my address
book. --George Carlin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 06:47:08a, Nancy Young told us...

> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> Another keeper! Thanks, Janet. I'm saving this!

> All the recipes look great. I once posted this recipe, it's very
> tasty. This recipe is from a cookbook I had from ages ago, I
> certainly add more seasoning than it calls for. I believe they are
> called Hungarian because of the miniscule amount of paprika.
> (laugh)
> Hungarian Short Ribs
>

> 4 pounds beef short ribs
> 2 medium onions, sliced
> 1 15 ounch can tomato sauce
> 2 cups water
> 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
> 1/4 cup vinegar
> 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
> 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
> 1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
> 1/4 teaspoon paprika
> 6 ounces medium noodles
>

> Cut ribs into serving size pieces; trim excess fat.
> In Dutch oven, brown ribs on all sides. Add onions. Blend
> together tomato sauce, ONE cup of the water, brown sugar,
> vinegar, etc etc through the paprika; pour over meat. Cover and
> simmer until meat is almost tender, about 2 hours.
>

> Skim off fat. Stir in noodles and remaining 1 cup water.
> Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, till noodles are tender,
> 20 to 25 minutes more.

Thanks, Nancy! I do remember you posting this before, but I had forgotten
all about it. I probabl already have it saved somewhere. But I'm saving
it again. :-) Sounds delicious!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 13hrs 30mins
Sometimes on a rainy day, I sit around
and weed the losers out of my address
book. --George Carlin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 05:47:02a, jmcquown told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Fri 21 Mar 2008 09:12:44p, Wayne Boatwright told us...
>>
>>> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>>> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
>>> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker,
>>> as far as cooking methods.
>>>
>>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Following up to my own post, I am not intrested in recipes that
>> contain red wine. Beer, stout, etc., would be okay.
>>

> How do you feel about bourbon? <wink> From the grits.com site;
> originally attributed to Emeril.

I like bourbon! :-)

This whole dish sounds delicious, and definitely a keeper for a near future
venture. I'd try it this time, but I'm out of the good grits that I order
from Tennessee (can't get anything but Quaker in the stupidmarket), and I
have no fresh thyme or turnips. I can't bear the thought of going to the
store the day before Easter. It will be a madhouse. We did all our
shopping yesterday.

Interesting that two very different recipes are using a form of "grits",
Giusi's and this one, and they both sound delicious.

Thanks, Jill.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 13hrs 25mins
When all else fails, read the manual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 05:47:02a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Fri 21 Mar 2008 09:12:44p, Wayne Boatwright told us...

>>> Following up to my own post, I am not intrested in recipes that
>>> contain red wine. Beer, stout, etc., would be okay.
>>>

>> How do you feel about bourbon? <wink> From the grits.com site;
>> originally attributed to Emeril.

> I like bourbon! :-)
>
> This whole dish sounds delicious, and definitely a keeper for a near
> future venture. I'd try it this time, but I'm out of the good grits
> that I order from Tennessee (can't get anything but Quaker in the
> stupidmarket), and I have no fresh thyme or turnips. I can't bear
> the thought of going to the store the day before Easter. It will be
> a madhouse. We did all our shopping yesterday.

You got that right! I couldn't drag myself out of the house yesterday or
the day before (okay, I was busy with paperwork). I went early this morning
but it was still a madhouse. Even moreso because they're actually closed
tomorrow for Easter.

The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't find beef
short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post made me think to
look for them today. There was one *tiny* package, not enough for much of
anything.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't find beef
> short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post made me think to
> look for them today. There was one *tiny* package, not enough for much of
> anything.

Oxtail stew is one of my favourites. We used to eat them or short ribs when they
were cheap. I have a hard time bringing myself to buy oxtails or short ribs
these days because you can often get a steak for almost the same price and not
have to spend hours cooking them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't
>> find beef short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post
>> made me think to look for them today. There was one *tiny* package,
>> not enough for much of anything.

> Oxtail stew is one of my favourites. We used to eat them or short
> ribs when they were cheap. I have a hard time bringing myself to buy
> oxtails or short ribs these days because you can often get a steak
> for almost the same price and not have to spend hours cooking them.

I saw oxtails today but forgot to note the price/lb. My father loved oxtail
stew but I'm not sure how Mom feels about it. I love it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 10:57:36a, jmcquown told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> How do you feel about bourbon? <wink> From the grits.com site;
>>> originally attributed to Emeril.

>> I like bourbon! :-)
>>
>> This whole dish sounds delicious, and definitely a keeper for a near
>> future venture. I'd try it this time, but I'm out of the good grits
>> that I order from Tennessee (can't get anything but Quaker in the
>> stupidmarket), and I have no fresh thyme or turnips. I can't bear
>> the thought of going to the store the day before Easter. It will be
>> a madhouse. We did all our shopping yesterday.
>>

> You got that right! I couldn't drag myself out of the house yesterday
> or the day before (okay, I was busy with paperwork). I went early this
> morning but it was still a madhouse. Even moreso because they're
> actually closed tomorrow for Easter.
>
> The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't find
> beef short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post made me
> think to look for them today. There was one *tiny* package, not enough
> for much of anything.
>
> Jill

I love oxtails, but like you, I rarely see them in any store. I suppose if
I went to the butcher shop I could get them, but I won't pay their prices
for that type of meat.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 10hrs 55mins
Windows: just another pane in the glass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 10:57:36a, jmcquown told us...
>

>> The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't find
>> beef short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post made me
>> think to look for them today. There was one *tiny* package, not
>> enough for much of anything.
>>

> I love oxtails, but like you, I rarely see them in any store. I
> suppose if I went to the butcher shop I could get them, but I won't
> pay their prices for that type of meat.

Oh! I meant I have to really hunt to find beef short ribs. Oxtails are more
readily available (I've no idea why).

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 21 Mar 2008 09:12:44p, Wayne Boatwright told us...

> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and
> perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far
> as cooking methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...
>
> TIA

Following up to my own post again... I had also e-mailed an old family
friend to see if she still had a recipe for shortribs. She replied with a
recipe that my mom had given her that I had totally forgotten about. I
remember it as being very tasty. Whadda ya think? Recipe as follows:

Braised Short Ribs

3 to 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 3-inch pieces
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, for roasting
the short ribs
1 tbsp vegetable oil, for roasting the short ribs
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 to 2 red finger chile pepper, finely chopped, or to taste
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp all spice
pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup apple butter
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, for sauce
1 bottle stout beer (about 1 ¾ cup)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. F.

2. Add vegetable oil to a roasting pan. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
Roast until golden brown, about 1 hour. Drain any excess fat from the pan.

3. Meanwhile while the ribs are roasting make the sauce. Add butter to a
saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
Add chile and garlic, continue to sauté for another minute. Add the thyme,
paprika, cumin, allspice, bay leaf and pinch of cayenne pepper. Cook until
fragrant, about 2 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the
brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar,
Dijon, and apple butter. Stir to combine. Stir in the beer. Remove from
heat and pour onto the ribs in the roasting pan. Cover with foil paper.
Reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Continue to cook ribs in the oven until the
meat is tender and falling off the bones, about 2 to 2 ½ hours.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 10hrs 50mins
Drive C: Error, (A)bort (R)etry
(I)gnore (K)ick (S)cream

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 01:14:16p, jmcquown told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 10:57:36a, jmcquown told us...
>>

>>> The first time I made the stew I used oxtails because I couldn't find
>>> beef short ribs. I rarely see them back home. But your post made me
>>> think to look for them today. There was one *tiny* package, not
>>> enough for much of anything.
>>>

>> I love oxtails, but like you, I rarely see them in any store. I
>> suppose if I went to the butcher shop I could get them, but I won't
>> pay their prices for that type of meat.
>>

> Oh! I meant I have to really hunt to find beef short ribs. Oxtails are
> more readily available (I've no idea why).
>
> Jill

They're both hard to find here, an oxtails are actually harder to find than
short ribs. We seem to have a good supply of really good and meaty soup
bones, however, which are great for making beef, mushroom, and barley soup.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 10hrs 40mins
To criticize the incompetent is easy;
to criticize the competent is difficult.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 06:47:08a, Nancy Young told us...

>> All the recipes look great. I once posted this recipe, it's very
>> tasty. This recipe is from a cookbook I had from ages ago, I
>> certainly add more seasoning than it calls for. I believe they are
>> called Hungarian because of the miniscule amount of paprika.
>> (laugh)
>> Hungarian Short Ribs

> Thanks, Nancy! I do remember you posting this before, but I had forgotten
> all about it. I probabl already have it saved somewhere. But I'm saving
> it again. :-) Sounds delicious!

You got a lot of good suggestions, I'd try any one of them, myself.
All keepers.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> > I love oxtails, but like you, I rarely see them in any store. I
> > suppose if I went to the butcher shop I could get them, but I won't
> > pay their prices for that type of meat.
> >

> Oh! I meant I have to really hunt to find beef short ribs. Oxtails are more
> readily available (I've no idea why).

Is it possible that they don't sell well? Maybe there is a specialized market
for us. Our local butcher said that they had good deals on them last year and
they did not sell well. My son is usually a very adventurous eater, but he flat
out refused to even try them because they live so close to the cow's ass. I
guess he had never seen cows in a barn or a feet lot where there is more shit on
their feet and sides than there is on the tail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Following up to my own post again... I had also e-mailed an old family
> friend to see if she still had a recipe for shortribs. She replied with a
> recipe that my mom had given her that I had totally forgotten about. I
> remember it as being very tasty. Whadda ya think? Recipe as follows:
>
> Braised Short Ribs
>
> 3 to 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 3-inch pieces
> Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, for roasting
> the short ribs
> 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for roasting the short ribs
> 1 tbsp butter
> 1 small onion, finely chopped
> 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> 1 to 2 red finger chile pepper, finely chopped, or to taste
> 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
> 2 tsp paprika
> 1 tsp ground cumin
> 1/4 tsp all spice
> pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
> 1 bay leaf
> 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
> 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
> 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
> 1/4 cup ketchup
> 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
> 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
> 1/4 cup apple butter
> Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, for sauce
> 1 bottle stout beer (about 1 ¾ cup)

I'm sure the ribs would be heavenly, but cripes, Wayne, by
the time I had all those ingredients out on the counter and
measured, it would be three weeks from next Tuesday!

That recipe list is about twice as long as I can cope with
these days.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 01:46:16p, Puester told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Following up to my own post again... I had also e-mailed an old family
>> friend to see if she still had a recipe for shortribs. She replied
>> with a recipe that my mom had given her that I had totally forgotten
>> about. I remember it as being very tasty. Whadda ya think? Recipe as
>> follows:
>>
>> Braised Short Ribs
>>
>> 3 to 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 3-inch pieces
>> Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, for
>> roasting the short ribs
>> 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for roasting the short ribs
>> 1 tbsp butter
>> 1 small onion, finely chopped
>> 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
>> 1 to 2 red finger chile pepper, finely chopped, or to taste
>> 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
>> 2 tsp paprika
>> 1 tsp ground cumin
>> 1/4 tsp all spice
>> pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
>> 1 bay leaf
>> 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
>> 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
>> 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
>> 1/4 cup ketchup
>> 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
>> 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
>> 1/4 cup apple butter
>> Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, for sauce 1
>> bottle stout beer
>> (about 1 ¾ cup)

> I'm sure the ribs would be heavenly, but cripes, Wayne, by
> the time I had all those ingredients out on the counter and
> measured, it would be three weeks from next Tuesday!
>
> That recipe list is about twice as long as I can cope with
> these days.
>
> gloria p

I agree, it's a LONG list, and it would take some time to assemble. I do
have everthing on hand, however, and I don't have anything else I have to
do this afternoon. I got a lot of good recipes from folks here, so now,
including this one, it's all up for grabs. I'll make them all eventually.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 9hrs 50mins
'Bribe' is such a . . . crass word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 01:42:26p, Nancy Young told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
>
>> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 06:47:08a, Nancy Young told us...

>>> All the recipes look great. I once posted this recipe, it's very
>>> tasty. This recipe is from a cookbook I had from ages ago, I
>>> certainly add more seasoning than it calls for. I believe they are
>>> called Hungarian because of the miniscule amount of paprika.
>>> (laugh)
>>> Hungarian Short Ribs

>> Thanks, Nancy! I do remember you posting this before, but I had

forgotten
>> all about it. I probabl already have it saved somewhere. But I'm

saving
>> it again. :-) Sounds delicious!

> You got a lot of good suggestions, I'd try any one of them, myself.
> All keepers.
>
> nancy

I agree, Nancy, they'll all good and they're all saved. Now it's just a
matter of choosing which one first. :-) They're all keepers, and I'll have
to give each one a shot at some point.

Thanks again...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 9hrs 45mins
Don't mess with Murphy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I love oxtails, but like you, I rarely see them in any store. I
>>> suppose if I went to the butcher shop I could get them, but I won't
>>> pay their prices for that type of meat.
>>>

>> Oh! I meant I have to really hunt to find beef short ribs. Oxtails
>> are more readily available (I've no idea why).

> Is it possible that they don't sell well? Maybe there is a
> specialized market for us. Our local butcher said that they had good
> deals on them last year and they did not sell well. My son is usually
> a very adventurous eater, but he flat out refused to even try them
> because they live so close to the cow's ass. I guess he had never
> seen cows in a barn or a feet lot where there is more shit on their
> feet and sides than there is on the tail.

Again, I can more easily find oxtails than I can beef short ribs. But
having said that, they do actually wash the tails after they butcher them
Does your son eat eggs? I wouldn't tell him where those come from if I were
you! LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:47:08 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"kilikini" > wrote
>
>> Another keeper! Thanks, Janet. I'm saving this!

>All the recipes look great. I once posted this recipe, it's very
>tasty. This recipe is from a cookbook I had from ages ago, I
>certainly add more seasoning than it calls for. I believe they are
>called Hungarian because of the miniscule amount of paprika.
>(laugh)
>Hungarian Short Ribs
>

>4 pounds beef short ribs
>2 medium onions, sliced
>1 15 ounch can tomato sauce
>2 cups water
>1/4 cup packed brown sugar
>1/4 cup vinegar
>1 1/2 teaspoons salt
>1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
>1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
>1/4 teaspoon paprika
>6 ounces medium noodles
>

>Cut ribs into serving size pieces; trim excess fat.
>In Dutch oven, brown ribs on all sides. Add onions. Blend
>together tomato sauce, ONE cup of the water, brown sugar,
>vinegar, etc etc through the paprika; pour over meat. Cover and
>simmer until meat is almost tender, about 2 hours.
>

>Skim off fat. Stir in noodles and remaining 1 cup water.
>Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, till noodles are tender,
>20 to 25 minutes more.

I've made these, they are fabulous. After reading this post today I
had to get some short ribs for dinner tonight.
I serve it with chunky mashed potatoes.

I'll post it all later. mmmm can't wait.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 3/20
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 4>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and perhaps
> spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
> methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...
>
> TIA

Nancy Young posted a dandy a couple years ago. It's all I use now.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have never seen oxtail's except vacuum packed at BJ's.

Not a recipe:

I would brown short ribs in a heavy pan large enough for all the
ingredients. Remove them from the pan and add chopped onions, celery,
carrot (maybe) and fresh button or cremini mushrooms. Saute until softened.
Mix with an appropriate amount of sauerkraut, push the ribs into the
mixture. Add whatever cooking liquid you like. I generally use chicken
stock. Beer works, as does water. Don't drown it.

Cover and low simmer on stove top or in the oven until 'kraut is
softened, and everything melds.

You could add apples, potatoes, your spices of choice, whatever...
Proportions to your taste but my meat to 'kraut mixture ratio would be 1:3,
at the start of cooking. I like a lot of mushrooms.

I have done this with country style pork ribs as well.

--
Dave S

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 05:11:21p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 4>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
>> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
>> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as
>> far as cooking methods.
>>
>> All suggestions gratefully received...
>>
>> TIA

> Nancy Young posted a dandy a couple years ago. It's all I use now.

Yep, she reposted it for me today, and it looks delish!

Thanks, Barb

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 6hrs 35mins
To poldly bow air mobius gumby four:
Trek on novocaine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 05:27:26p, Dave S told us...

> I have never seen oxtail's except vacuum packed at BJ's.
>
> Not a recipe:
>
> I would brown short ribs in a heavy pan large enough for all the
> ingredients. Remove them from the pan and add chopped onions, celery,
> carrot (maybe) and fresh button or cremini mushrooms. Saute until

softened.
> Mix with an appropriate amount of sauerkraut, push the ribs into the
> mixture. Add whatever cooking liquid you like. I generally use chicken
> stock. Beer works, as does water. Don't drown it.
>
> Cover and low simmer on stove top or in the oven until 'kraut is
> softened, and everything melds.
>
> You could add apples, potatoes, your spices of choice, whatever...
> Proportions to your taste but my meat to 'kraut mixture ratio would be

1:3,
> at the start of cooking. I like a lot of mushrooms.
>
> I have done this with country style pork ribs as well.

Thanks, Dave. I've done almost exactly this with country style pork ribs,
but never thought of usinhg beef short ribs. I'll have to give it a try
because we love sauerkraut.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 03(III)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
9wks 1dys 6hrs 30mins
'Accountability is Un-American!!' - Opus

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

>>> How do you feel about bourbon? <wink>

We get it, you're a drunk.

> You got that right! I couldn't drag myself out of the house yesterday
> or the day before (okay, I was busy with paperwork). I went early this
> morning but it was still a madhouse. Even moreso because they're
> actually closed tomorrow for Easter.

Paperwork? For two days? You're unemployed (and unemployable) remember?

> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 4>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sat 22 Mar 2008 05:11:21p, Melba's Jammin' told us...
>
> > In article 4>,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> >> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although
> >> I've cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different
> >> and perhaps spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as
> >> far as cooking methods.
> >>
> >> All suggestions gratefully received...
> >>
> >> TIA

> > Nancy Young posted a dandy a couple years ago. It's all I use now.
> >

> Yep, she reposted it for me today, and it looks delish!
>
> Thanks, Barb

I recommend the flanken cut for the short ribs, Wayne.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Pray for the abatement of her pain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I bought two packages of beautiful short ribs tonight, and although I've
> cooked them many times in the past, I'm looking for a different and perhaps
> spicy recipe. I can braise or use the pressure cooker, as far as cooking
> methods.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received...
>
> TIA

This is a pretty labor-intensive recipe but the results are stunning.

Texas Janet

Estofado de Catalan

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : beef Casseroles & One-Dish Meals
Meat

5 pounds short ribs of beef -- (5 to 5 1/2)
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups yellow onions -- cut into chunks (about 2
medium onions)
1 cup carrots -- cut into chunks (about 2 carrots)
1/2 cup celery -- cut into chunks (about 1 stalk of celery)
2 teaspoons mashed garlic (about 2 cloves)
2 cups red wine
1/2 cup tomato paste
8 ounces canned plum tomatoes -- cut into chunks
12 cups beef stock or good quality -- low-sodium,
store-bought beef stock
1 sprig fresh thyme

Sauce:
2 cups dry sherry
3 tablespoons unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest (about 2 oranges)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Gremolata:
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

To make the short ribs, preheat oven to 300˚. Generously salt and
pepper the ribs. In a large casserole pan, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil
over high heat. Add the ribs and brown on all sides until golden, about
4-5 minutes. Remove the ribs and set aside.

Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the same pan until well
caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.

Add red wine and cook over high heat until the red wine is reduced by
half. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and thyme. Add browned ribs and
beef stock. Bring to a boil, cover and bake for approximately 3 hours,
or until meat pulls easily away from the bone. A long, slow braise is
the key here. Cooking at too high of a temperature will result in a
flavorless,
tough, stringy meat. It tastes even better if its made the day before.
No rushing necessary!

To make the sauce, remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Strain
the remaining sauce through a colander, and then through a fine mesh
strainer, into a large casserole pan. Add the sherry and reduce the
sauce by half. Stir in the chocolate, thyme, marjoram, orange zest and
butter. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Return the ribs to the
pan and simmer until heated through, approximately 2 minutes.

To make the gremolata, mix together parsley and orange zest in a small bowl.

"Spanish Short Ribs"

Serving Ideas : To serve, mound 1/2 cup of starch of your choice, such
as mashed potatoes in the center of 6 warm shallow bowls. Put 2-3 short
ribs on top of the mashed potatoes. Spoon the sauce over the short
ribs, and sprinkle with the gremolata.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Anyone use Beef Short Ribs for Stew? squirtz[_2_] General Cooking 0 22-10-2010 06:49 AM
Beef Short Ribs dwacon Recipes (moderated) 0 16-09-2007 12:50 AM
Beef Short Ribs dwacon Recipes 2 10-09-2007 02:09 AM
Smothered Beef Short Ribs Duckie ® Recipes 0 30-05-2005 04:12 PM
Are beef (back) ribs the same as short ribs? Timothy Sebora Barbecue 1 15-07-2004 03:56 PM