Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who'll be the next President???

Who'll be the next President of USA???

Please sign this petition to help us:

http://uselections2008.co.cc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 21, 4:44*pm, "silver.chr" > wrote:
> Who'll be the next President of USA???
>
> Please sign this petition to help us:

http://uselections2008.co.cc

still nobdy wana talk here?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"silver.chr" > wrote in message
On Feb 21, 4:44 pm, "silver.chr" > wrote:
> Who'll be the next President of USA???
>
> Please sign this petition to help us:

http://uselections2008.co.cc

still nobdy wana talk here?
Not until you can tell us what the candidates enjoy cooking, or at the very
least which restaurants they prefer to eat in while on the campaign trail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 8:24*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> still nobdy wana talk here?

When the *English* version of the petition comes out, maybe I'll sign
it. I certainly don't understand THIS version.

Leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"silver.chr" > wrote:

> Who'll be the next President of USA???

Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:43:36 -0800 (PST), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

>"silver.chr" > wrote:
>>
>> Who'll be the next President of USA???

>Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

I think she uses "Kat." She's the best looking chick on foodtv.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Doug Freyburger > wrote:

> "silver.chr" > wrote:
> >
> > Who'll be the next President of USA???

> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

I was on line at the post office this morning and a man ahead of me
asked me my opinion on the election. Then he said, "I'm gonna vote for
the one who's in favor of fast food." Wrong thing to say to me.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy wrote on Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:10:48 -0800:

??>> "silver.chr" > wrote:
??>>>
??>>> Who'll be the next President of USA???
??>>
??>> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

CF> I was on line at the post office this morning and a man
CF> ahead of me asked me my opinion on the election. Then he
CF> said, "I'm gonna vote for the one who's in favor of fast
CF> food." Wrong thing to say to me.

Fast food may be "unsafe at any speed" but I'm damned if I shall
vote for that unprintable Ralph Nader!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>> "silver.chr" > wrote:
>> >
>> > Who'll be the next President of USA???

>> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

> I was on line at the post office this morning and a man ahead of me
> asked me my opinion on the election. Then he said, "I'm gonna vote for
> the one who's in favor of fast food."

Did you tell him that Bush cannot run again?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:02:16 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:43:36 -0800 (PST), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:
>
>>"silver.chr" > wrote:
>>>
>>> Who'll be the next President of USA???

>>Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

>I think she uses "Kat." She's the best looking chick on foodtv.

I see that spelling everywhere, but if you go here

http://www.napavintners.com/photos/A...2006/index.asp

and go to the next line from the bottom, then click on the picture of
her on the left, you will get a closeup. The name "Cat Cora" is
clearly spelled on her chef's jacket.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>> "silver.chr" > wrote:
>> >
>> > Who'll be the next President of USA???

>> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

> I was on line at the post office this morning and a man ahead of me
> asked me my opinion on the election. Then he said, "I'm gonna vote for
> the one who's in favor of fast food." Wrong thing to say to me.
>
> Cindy
>
> --
> C.J. Fuller
>
> Delete the obvious to email me

Should have channelled that old Hitchcock episode in which Barbara Bel
Geddes offs her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then cooks it for the
police. Just think if you were carrying frozen meat with you......you could
have damaged that boy for real......
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:10:48 -0800, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>In article
>,
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>> "silver.chr" > wrote:
>> >
>> > Who'll be the next President of USA???

>> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

>I was on line at the post office this morning and a man ahead of me
>asked me my opinion on the election. Then he said, "I'm gonna vote for
>the one who's in favor of fast food." Wrong thing to say to me.
>
>Cindy

i think it's too late to vote for bill clinton.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:15:31 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> Cindy wrote on Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:10:48 -0800:
>
> ??>> "silver.chr" > wrote:
> ??>>>
> ??>>> Who'll be the next President of USA???
> ??>>
> ??>> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!
>
> CF> I was on line at the post office this morning and a man
> CF> ahead of me asked me my opinion on the election. Then he
> CF> said, "I'm gonna vote for the one who's in favor of fast
> CF> food." Wrong thing to say to me.
>
>Fast food may be "unsafe at any speed" but I'm damned if I shall
>vote for that unprintable Ralph Nader!
>

>James Silverton

'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?' if i
weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> 'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?' if i
> weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.
>
> your pal,
> blake

So you'd vote for the Party no matter how bat the candidate is rather than
consider the person for what they are?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> 'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?' if i
>> weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.

> So you'd vote for the Party no matter how bat the candidate is rather than
> consider the person for what they are?

Heh, I thought Imagine if McCain was a democrat, he'd
be calling him a wise elder statesman.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:23:54 GMT:

EP> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
??>> 'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?'
??>> if i weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.
??>>
??>> your pal,
??>> blake

E> So you'd vote for the Party no matter how bat the candidate
E> is rather than consider the person for what they are?

I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost every
Presidential election where I was eligible. The only exception
was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even then I did not
vote for Reagan !

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost every
> Presidential election where I was eligible. The only exception was for
> Jimmy the Unready's second term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !

Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the reasons our politics is
as bad as they are. Both parties have good and bad candidates and good ones
should be elected on their individual merits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:55:56 GMT:

EP> "James Silverton" > wrote in
EP> message
??>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost
??>> every Presidential election where I was eligible. The only
??>> exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even
??>> then I did not vote for Reagan !

EP> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
EP> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
EP> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
EP> elected on their individual merits.

This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die. No-one is
convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does or ever has
voted as you suggest :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:39:43 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:55:56 GMT:
>

> EP> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> EP> message
> ??>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost
> ??>> every Presidential election where I was eligible. The only
> ??>> exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even
> ??>> then I did not vote for Reagan !
>
> EP> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
> EP> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
> EP> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
> EP> elected on their individual merits.
>
>This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die. No-one is
>convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does or ever has
>voted as you suggest :-)

I'm thinking voting strict party line has gone the way of the
dinosaur, then you pipe up.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 08:57:15 -0800:

??>> Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:55:56 GMT:
??>>
EP>>> "James Silverton" > wrote
EP>>> in message
??>>>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in
??>>>> almost every Presidential election where I was eligible.
??>>>> The only exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second
??>>>> term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !
??>>
EP>>> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
EP>>> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
EP>>> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
EP>>> elected on their individual merits.
??>>
??>> This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die.
??>> No-one is convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does
??>> or ever has voted as you suggest :-)
??>>
s> I'm thinking voting strict party line has gone the way of
s> the dinosaur, then you pipe up.

Again, I wouldn't try to convince you but I never voted the
party line except for President. I'm a registered Democrat, a
liberal and a member of the ACLU but my Representative in
Congress for whom I voted was a Republican. As far as this
heavily Democratic area was concerned she was going to be
elected as long as she cared to run. When she retired we
reverted to a liberal Democrat whose politics apart from the
label are indistinguishable from hers.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss > wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> >"silver.chr" > wrote:

> >> Who'll be the next President of USA???

> >Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

> I think she uses "Kat." *She's the best looking chick on foodtv.

There's an Iron Chef commercial I had in mind. In it she's
running while carrying a big skillet. She spins the skillet
like I'd spin a pen. It's the foodie version of the Teddy
Roosevelt saying - "Speak softly but carry a big skillet". ;^)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message

> This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die. No-one is
> convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does or ever has voted as you
> suggest :-)
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

OK, now I understand. If we don't think like you and vote like you, we
should not discuss any other option, or any other candidates. It is that
type of narrow minded thinking that put us in the sad position we are in.

Those suggesting idealistic discussions should die often have names like
Nikita, Fidel, and Adolph

If you bother to take a look, there are many of us registered as
"Independent" because we have the ability to think on our own and make our
own judgments. We don't want others telling us how to vote.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:37:07 GMT:

EP> "James Silverton" > wrote in
EP> message
??>>
??>> This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die.
??>> No-one is convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does
??>> or ever has voted as you suggest :-)
??>>
??>> James Silverton
??>> Potomac, Maryland

EP> OK, now I understand. If we don't think like you and vote
EP> like you, we should not discuss any other option, or any
EP> other candidates. It is that type of narrow minded
EP> thinking that put us in the sad position we are in.

EP> Those suggesting idealistic discussions should die often
EP> have names like Nikita, Fidel, and Adolph

No, it's just a plea to discuss principles outside of a cooking
group. I don't mind knowing how others vote but that's as OT as
I want to get.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:

> "Cindy Fuller" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >,
> > Doug Freyburger > wrote:

> >> Iron Chef Cat Cora for president!

> > I was on line at the post office this morning and a man ahead of me
> > asked me my opinion on the election. Then he said, "I'm gonna vote for
> > the one who's in favor of fast food." Wrong thing to say to me.
> >
> > Cindy
> >
> > --
> > C.J. Fuller
> >
> > Delete the obvious to email me

> Should have channelled that old Hitchcock episode in which Barbara Bel
> Geddes offs her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then cooks it for the
> police. Just think if you were carrying frozen meat with you......you could
> have damaged that boy for real......
> -ginny

Probably wouldn't have been a good idea in public. Too many witnesses.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
et:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message
>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost
>> every Presidential election where I was eligible. The only
>> exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even
>> then I did not vote for Reagan !

> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
> elected on their individual merits.

but a lot of states make that rather difficult. many states
still require you declare a party (especially for primaries) &
make it exceedingly difficult to change.
i'm in NH & i can register as Independant/Undeclared. i can
pick whichever ballot i want for the primary, vote & then
switch back to Independant in less than 5 minutes, but many
statesdon't let you do that so easily.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
et:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message
>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost
>> every Presidential election where I was eligible. The only
>> exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even
>> then I did not vote for Reagan !

> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
> elected on their individual merits.

why is it that we don't get to vote for vice-president
anymore? this is a fairly recent change, allowing the
presidential candidate to choose his running mate...
it would have been interesting had Bush jr. been forced by
the electorate to have, say, Mc Cain or even Gore as VP...
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:23:54 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> 'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?' if i
>> weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>So you'd vote for the Party no matter how bat the candidate is rather than
>consider the person for what they are?

not necessarily, but there hasn't been a republican candidate for
president in my lifetime that i'd consider voting for. (i'll admit,
under duress, voting libertarian a couple times, but then i was young
and stupid.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:50:38 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote
>
>> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>>> 'which crazy old man should i vote for, nader or mccain?' if i
>>> weren't a democrat, it would be a real dilemma.

>> So you'd vote for the Party no matter how bat the candidate is rather than
>> consider the person for what they are?

>Heh, I thought Imagine if McCain was a democrat, he'd
>be calling him a wise elder statesman.
>
>nancy

a crazy old **** is a crazy old **** no matter what his party. be
point is, the democrats would not nominate such a person.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:55:56 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost every
>> Presidential election where I was eligible. The only exception was for
>> Jimmy the Unready's second term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !

>Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the reasons our politics is
>as bad as they are. Both parties have good and bad candidates and good ones
>should be elected on their individual merits.

produce a good republican and i'd be happy to oblige (provided the
democrat wasn't better).

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:37:07 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"James Silverton" > wrote in message
>>
>> This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die. No-one is
>> convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does or ever has voted as you
>> suggest :-)
>>
>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland

>OK, now I understand. If we don't think like you and vote like you, we
>should not discuss any other option, or any other candidates. It is that
>type of narrow minded thinking that put us in the sad position we are in.
>
>Those suggesting idealistic discussions should die often have names like
>Nikita, Fidel, and Adolph
>
>If you bother to take a look, there are many of us registered as
>"Independent" because we have the ability to think on our own and make our
>own judgments. We don't want others telling us how to vote.

take care not to break your arm patting yourself on the back.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
> > I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost every
> > Presidential election where I was eligible. The only exception was for
> > Jimmy the Unready's second term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !

> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the reasons our politics is
> as bad as they are. Both parties have good and bad candidates and good ones
> should be elected on their individual merits.

The thing that scares me about American politics is the polarization of issues.
If you hold a stance on one particular issue it is assumed that your subscribe
to all sorts of other things. You need a third party, or more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave wrote on Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:09:17 -0500:

??>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
??>> message
??>>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in
??>>> almost every Presidential election where I was eligible.
??>>> The only exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second
??>>> term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !
??>>
??>> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
??>> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
??>> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
??>> elected on their individual merits.

D> The thing that scares me about American politics is the
D> polarization of issues.If you hold a stance on one
D> particular issue it is assumed that your subscribe
D>to all sorts of other things. You need a third party,
D>or more.

And proportional representation and continuous unstable
coalitions :-)

e.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma > wrote:
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
> > reasons our politics is as bad as they are. *Both parties
> > have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
> > elected on their individual merits.

For that matter voting within the two party system, no matter
what alternatives there are, is one of the reasons our politics
are as bad as they are. If a party fails to field an acceptable
candidate I'll vote for someone else and lately that's meant
not ones in either big party.

> *but a lot of states make that rather difficult. many states
> still require you declare a party (especially for primaries) &
> make it exceedingly difficult to change.
> *i'm in NH & i can register as Independant/Undeclared. i can
> pick whichever ballot i want for the primary, vote & then
> switch back to Independant in less than 5 minutes, but many
> statesdon't let you do that so easily.

While I was living in California an initiative passed to have open
primaries. There's an interesting problem with that - California
voter registration has each voter declare party membership and
federal rules say parties only count their own members in a
primary election. In the end it ended up an IQ test for voters -
If you want to vote for a Green but you're currently declared as
a Libertarian (or pick any other parties randomly) then to get
your vote counted you need to reregister before the deadline
about 2 months befor ethe election. Vote outside of your
declared party and you've thrown out your own ballot. Enigma
and I disagree on how easy it is to reregister.

I now live in Illinois and this problem is handled in a different
way here. The voter registration forms have no party affliation
listed so at the poll you ask for a card for the party you intend
to vote for. At that one election you're a member of that one
party by that request. Once I understood how that worked I
became happy with not being able to list myself in my own
political party. If I want to do that I can start showing up at
the local party committee meetings.

Food tie in - These end up variations on cafeteria ordering
schemes. In Pasadena, CA I remember a couple of cafeteria
style restaurants that served pretty good food. Like almost any
restaurant I can do better at home but my usual home fare
isn't any better. Here in Chicago metro I've seen buffet places
but no cafeteria places. Because of the lower ability to control
freshness buffets don't quite work as well as cafeterias and
cafeterias don't quite work as well as ordering from a menu
but the occasional exception to the rule is intereresting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 6:20*am, enigma > wrote:

> *why is it that we don't get to vote for vice-president
> anymore? this is a fairly recent change, allowing the
> presidential candidate to choose his running mate...
> *it would have been interesting had Bush jr. been forced by
> the electorate to have, say, Mc Cain or even Gore as VP...
> lee

The ''party' picks the presidential candidates running mate. Even if
the candidate has someone particulary in mind as their running mate,
the party puts their input into the decision of who shall be on the
ticket, it's called "balancing the ticket." If you elect a Northern
candidate you don't want a Northern V.P. The other states gets upset
that only certain regions may be represented. Ideally if you elect a
Northern prez then you have a Southern or Western V.P. to balance out
the ticket. That way everyone feels all of the country is
represented.

We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately, he comes with
the ticket. It's not a mutiple choice election.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message

We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately, he
comes with
the ticket. It's not a mutiple choice election.

On a point of information, that's not quite correct. In the
first presidential elections, the runner-up became
vice-president.

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 10:31*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message

> We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately, he
> comes with
> the ticket. *It's not a mutiple choice election.
>
> On a point of information, that's not quite correct. In the
> first presidential elections, the runner-up became
> vice-president.
>
> --
> Jim Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

That's true, but I don't think Enigma was around to remember those
elections. :-))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Freyburger > wrote in

oups.com:

> enigma > wrote:
>> *but a lot of states make that rather difficult. many
>> states still require you declare a party (especially for
>> primaries) & make it exceedingly difficult to change.
>> *i'm in NH & i can register as Independant/Undeclared. i
>> can pick whichever ballot i want for the primary, vote &
>> then switch back to Independant in less than 5 minutes,
>> but many statesdon't let you do that so easily.

> While I was living in California an initiative passed to
> have open primaries. There's an interesting problem with
> that - California voter registration has each voter declare
> party membership and federal rules say parties only count
> their own members in a primary election. In the end it
> ended up an IQ test for voters - If you want to vote for a
> Green but you're currently declared as a Libertarian (or
> pick any other parties randomly) then to get your vote
> counted you need to reregister before the deadline about 2
> months befor ethe election. Vote outside of your declared
> party and you've thrown out your own ballot. Enigma and I
> disagree on how easy it is to reregister.

no, we don't. i *said* many states make it exceedingly
difficult, but my state (NH) makes it quite simple. i think
all states should make it that easy to change parties. i also
think that the two party system sucks rocks & don't understand
why it's so hard to get other parties onto the ballots. the
two party system is NOT originally what was used. it's also a
fairly recent innovation.

> I now live in Illinois and this problem is handled in a
> different way here. The voter registration forms have no
> party affliation listed so at the poll you ask for a card
> for the party you intend to vote for. At that one election
> you're a member of that one party by that request. Once I
> understood how that worked I became happy with not being
> able to list myself in my own political party. If I want
> to do that I can start showing up at the local party
> committee meetings.

much like NH, then.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann > wrote in

ps.com:

> On Mar 3, 10:31*am, "James Silverton"
> > wrote:
>> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in
>> message
>>

>> egroups.com...
>>
>> We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately,
>> he comes with
>> the ticket. *It's not a mutiple choice election.
>>
>> On a point of information, that's not quite correct. In
>> the first presidential elections, the runner-up became
>> vice-president.
>>

> That's true, but I don't think Enigma was around to
> remember those elections. :-))

no, but i was around when they changed it to the present
method. that happened in 1967.
lee

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 12:42*pm, enigma > wrote:
> itsjoannotjoann > wrote
> ps.com:
>

> > On Mar 3, 10:31*am, "James Silverton"
> > > wrote:
> >> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in
> >> message

> >> egroups.com...

> >> We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately,
> >> he comes with
> >> the ticket. *It's not a mutiple choice election.

> >> On a point of information, that's not quite correct. In
> >> the first presidential elections, the runner-up became
> >> vice-president.

> > That's true, but I don't think Enigma was around to
> > remember those elections. *:-))

> *no, but i was around when they changed it to the present
> method. that happened in 1967.
> lee

I'm going to dispute you on this until I can find proof.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> D> The thing that scares me about American politics is the
> D> polarization of issues.If you hold a stance on one
> D> particular issue it is assumed that your subscribe
> D>to all sorts of other things. You need a third party,
> D>or more.
>
> And proportional representation and continuous unstable
> coalitions :-)

Democracy is not easy. There needs to be room for the middle ground.

Obama for President Amy[_5_] Sushi 1 17-12-2008 07:50 AM
Obama for President Amy[_5_] Sushi 0 15-12-2008 10:30 AM
Obama for President Amy[_5_] Vegan 1 11-11-2008 03:53 AM
President -L. Ninety Nine General Cooking 1 04-02-2007 03:17 PM
The President Is Out of His Mind! Andy General Cooking 46 26-01-2007 03:06 PM