Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who'll be the next President???

sf wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 08:57:15 -0800:

??>> Edwin wrote on Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:55:56 GMT:
??>>
EP>>> "James Silverton" > wrote
EP>>> in message
??>>>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in
??>>>> almost every Presidential election where I was eligible.
??>>>> The only exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second
??>>>> term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !
??>>
EP>>> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
EP>>> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
EP>>> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
EP>>> elected on their individual merits.
??>>
??>> This "idealistic" discussion should be allowed to die.
??>> No-one is convincing anyone else. Practically no-one does
??>> or ever has voted as you suggest :-)
??>>
s> I'm thinking voting strict party line has gone the way of
s> the dinosaur, then you pipe up.

Again, I wouldn't try to convince you but I never voted the
party line except for President. I'm a registered Democrat, a
liberal and a member of the ACLU but my Representative in
Congress for whom I voted was a Republican. As far as this
heavily Democratic area was concerned she was going to be
elected as long as she cared to run. When she retired we
reverted to a liberal Democrat whose politics apart from the
label are indistinguishable from hers.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: