Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who'll be the next President???

Dave wrote on Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:09:17 -0500:

??>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
??>> message
??>>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in
??>>> almost every Presidential election where I was eligible.
??>>> The only exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second
??>>> term but even then I did not vote for Reagan !
??>>
??>> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
??>> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
??>> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
??>> elected on their individual merits.

D> The thing that scares me about American politics is the
D> polarization of issues.If you hold a stance on one
D> particular issue it is assumed that your subscribe
D>to all sorts of other things. You need a third party,
D>or more.

And proportional representation and continuous unstable
coalitions :-)

e.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland