Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Who'll be the next President???

On Mar 3, 6:20*am, enigma > wrote:

> *why is it that we don't get to vote for vice-president
> anymore? this is a fairly recent change, allowing the
> presidential candidate to choose his running mate...
> *it would have been interesting had Bush jr. been forced by
> the electorate to have, say, Mc Cain or even Gore as VP...
> lee

The ''party' picks the presidential candidates running mate. Even if
the candidate has someone particulary in mind as their running mate,
the party puts their input into the decision of who shall be on the
ticket, it's called "balancing the ticket." If you elect a Northern
candidate you don't want a Northern V.P. The other states gets upset
that only certain regions may be represented. Ideally if you elect a
Northern prez then you have a Southern or Western V.P. to balance out
the ticket. That way everyone feels all of the country is
represented.

We've never been able to vote for the VeePee separately, he comes with
the ticket. It's not a mutiple choice election.