Posted to rec.food.cooking
enigma[_2_] enigma[_2_] is offline

Default Who'll be the next President???

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
et:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message
>> I'm quite pleased to say that I voted Democratic in almost
>> every Presidential election where I was eligible. The only
>> exception was for Jimmy the Unready's second term but even
>> then I did not vote for Reagan !

> Voting the party line, no matter what, is one of the
> reasons our politics is as bad as they are. Both parties
> have good and bad candidates and good ones should be
> elected on their individual merits.

but a lot of states make that rather difficult. many states
still require you declare a party (especially for primaries) &
make it exceedingly difficult to change.
i'm in NH & i can register as Independant/Undeclared. i can
pick whichever ballot i want for the primary, vote & then
switch back to Independant in less than 5 minutes, but many
statesdon't let you do that so easily.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair