Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Barto

Default San Diego Cook-In

Hello All,

This is Katherine Barto. We had a great time,
even though some people said they would come and didn't.
So of course we had way too much food, oh dear.

Now I finally figured out why so many others
have been hosts: tons of food left here! We ate so much
last night that for dinner we are going to have some of
Christine's Corfu style roasted vegies and bread for the
sopping of the wonderful juices. Oh yeah, and some wine.

I want to thank the Academy, no...no... that is
a different speach. I want to thank everyone who came.
Especially Koko, the B-day girl, who cleaned the kichen.
I kept telling her that David is trained to do that.

Christine spent at least two hours working on
three fantastic vegie dishes. There are left over squash
blossoms and filling too. We will probably cook those up
tonight too. She stopped by our Farmer's market about
a mile down our street and was inspired.

Jamie was a gem of course and took care of the
drawing for charity. Charliam, Koko and I, ha,ha, all
won great food and or wines. Our basket was loaded up
by Mimi Hiller. She is a very classy lady, and knows
everything about cook-ins.

One more thing-someone left a light blue sweatshirt
outside. All in all I think everyone had a good time and
we look forward to hosting again in early June. Koko will
be posting the food list and who brought what.

Debbie and Peter MacLeod know all about the
child labor laws. Son, Stuart, makes sushi, and daughter,
Catherine helped Jamie, by selling tickets. (We had
three "Katherines at the cook-in!)

Thank you everyone! and please come back for
the spring wild flowers.

Katherine Barto