David Barto

Default SAN DIEGO COOK-IN

Hello All,

I have finally had time to read rfc. I have been
working on the garden. Charlie Gifford has been doing a great
job reminding everyone of the date of the next So.Cal.
cook-in. But since we are inviting you all to our house,
I though I better add my personal invite too.

Christine, I hope you can come too. I didn't catch
up fast enough to see you when you were here. After a terribly
hot spell, the weather is beautiful. I hope that will hold
true for June 12 too. We would love to have everyone come
of course, but the kitchen isn't that big. ;-)

We may have a guest room available, but I won't know
for a bit. I will post as soon as I can, and see who might
need the place.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions
about what we have for use in cooking your special dishes.
Example: Propane 6 burner stove, grill outside, 2 electric
ovens...

Katherine Barto

Charles Gifford

"David Barto" > wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I have finally had time to read rfc. I have been
> working on the garden. Charlie Gifford has been doing a great
> job reminding everyone of the date of the next So.Cal.
> cook-in. But since we are inviting you all to our house,
> I though I better add my personal invite too.
>
> Christine, I hope you can come too. I didn't catch
> up fast enough to see you when you were here. After a terribly
> hot spell, the weather is beautiful. I hope that will hold
> true for June 12 too. We would love to have everyone come
> of course, but the kitchen isn't that big. ;-)
>
> We may have a guest room available, but I won't know
> for a bit. I will post as soon as I can, and see who might
> need the place.
>
> Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions
> about what we have for use in cooking your special dishes.
> Example: Propane 6 burner stove, grill outside, 2 electric
> ovens...
>
> Katherine Barto

I may use that grill for a while. I'm thinking Leg O'Lamb.

Charliam

Karen O'Mara

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> I may use that grill for a while. I'm thinking Leg O'Lamb.

I like your Irish line of thinking.

My calendar isn't going to jive for this cook-in. My (only) kid is
graduating from high school on June 11th and I'm having family from
all over visiting for this.

I don't suppose you can send leftovers up my way that weekend, could
you?

Leg O'Lamb may be the ticket for me, too, though.

Karen
Charles Gifford

"Karen O'Mara" > wrote in message
om...
> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

hlink.net>...
> > I may use that grill for a while. I'm thinking Leg O'Lamb.

> I like your Irish line of thinking.
>
> My calendar isn't going to jive for this cook-in. My (only) kid is
> graduating from high school on June 11th and I'm having family from
> all over visiting for this.

You would put your family ahead of booze and food?

> I don't suppose you can send leftovers up my way that weekend, could
> you?

Maybe. Perhaps I can mail a traditional Kay's Margarita too.

> Leg O'Lamb may be the ticket for me, too, though.
>
> Karen

Let's see, Black Velvets, Kay's Margaritas, Leg O'Lamb, Soda bread, and ?

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Orion" > wrote in message
om...

> Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to meet everyone! Thanks for
> opening your home to some of us that are total strangers to you.

We all are strange. Some of us know Katherine and David though.

> I'm
> thinking some sort of trifle. Was going to be a kahlua bread pudding,
> but I feel that's more of a fall/winter dish.
>
> ChEERS!
>
> Suzan

Oooh! I like trifle. I like the sound of Kailua bread pudding too. I also
like chocolate anything (almost).

Charlie, easy to please

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:39:10 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>"Orion" > wrote in message
. com...

>> Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to meet everyone! Thanks for
>> opening your home to some of us that are total strangers to you.

>We all are strange. Some of us know Katherine and David though.
>
>> I'm
>> thinking some sort of trifle. Was going to be a kahlua bread pudding,
>> but I feel that's more of a fall/winter dish.
>>
>> ChEERS!
>>
>> Suzan

>Oooh! I like trifle. I like the sound of Kailua bread pudding too. I also
>like chocolate anything (almost).

I was giving some thought to trotting out a new recipe and using you
guys as guinea pigs: Chocolate Buttermilk Fudge Cake with Chocolate
Fudge Frosting from _In Julia's Kitchen with Master Chefs_. The recipe
is by Jim Dodge. And I was thinking about some homemade biscotti.
There's also a scallop terrine I was eyeballing.

Decisions, decisions.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"