Charles Gifford

Default SAN DIEGO COOK-IN

As you might have seen in another thread, it is almost time for the 5th
annual Sandy Eggo Cook-In. This year it will be Saturday, June 12th. It
will be at Katherine and David Barto's lovely home on a hill above Poway.
There will be more information posted later. Most of the information
relating to the cook-in will be sent via the cook-in mailing list. If you
can attend or if you want to think about it, please let me know here or
email me at and put COOK-IN in the subject line. A
bunch of people could not make it last time but said they would like to this
time. I will be emailing many of you too.

It is only 4 months away so set that date aside for your rfc friends and
cooking fun! You have time to think about it.

Best,
Charlie

Orion

Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work. How
is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?

Suzan

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> As you might have seen in another thread, it is almost time for the 5th
> annual Sandy Eggo Cook-In. This year it will be Saturday, June 12th. It
> will be at Katherine and David Barto's lovely home on a hill above Poway.
> There will be more information posted later. Most of the information
> relating to the cook-in will be sent via the cook-in mailing list. If you
> can attend or if you want to think about it, please let me know here or
> email me at and put COOK-IN in the subject line.

> bunch of people could not make it last time but said they would like to

this
> time. I will be emailing many of you too.
>
> It is only 4 months away so set that date aside for your rfc friends and
> cooking fun! You have time to think about it.
>
> Best,
> Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Orion" > wrote in message
> Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work. How
> is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?
>
> Suzan

I'll send you additional information before too long, but to answer your
questions briefly: you cook whatever you want. You can make something and
bring it or cook it at the event. You don't actually have to cook anything!
Some folks just bring something like snacks, beer or wine and others bring
several dishes. We always have lots to eat! The theme, such as it is, is
gossip mixed with traditional SoCal Margaritas, food and general excess. The
main activity is talking and getting together with old friends and making
new ones. The whole event is very, very relaxed. With outstanding food!

Charlie

Orion

What a great time! I'm looking forward. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm thinking Kahlua
bread pudding.

ciao,

Suzan

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
. net...

> "Orion" > wrote in message
> > Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work.

How
> > is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?
> >
> > Suzan

> I'll send you additional information before too long, but to answer your
> questions briefly: you cook whatever you want. You can make something and
> bring it or cook it at the event. You don't actually have to cook

anything!
> Some folks just bring something like snacks, beer or wine and others bring
> several dishes. We always have lots to eat! The theme, such as it is, is
> gossip mixed with traditional SoCal Margaritas, food and general excess.

The
> main activity is talking and getting together with old friends and making
> new ones. The whole event is very, very relaxed. With outstanding food!
>
> Charlie

Christine Dabney

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:20:08 GMT, "Charles Gifford"

>I'll send you additional information before too long, but to answer your
>questions briefly: you cook whatever you want. You can make something and
>bring it or cook it at the event. You don't actually have to cook anything!
>Some folks just bring something like snacks, beer or wine and others bring
>several dishes. We always have lots to eat! The theme, such as it is, is
>gossip mixed with traditional SoCal Margaritas, food and general excess. The
>main activity is talking and getting together with old friends and making
>new ones. The whole event is very, very relaxed. With outstanding food!
>
>Charlie

'cept we didn't have the Margaritas last time..... ;(

I cooked there, as I didn't have a kitchen at the time. I brought
almost everything with me, and then I used the Barto's utensils,
equipment, and so forth. I made 3 dishes, one of which was unintended
until I went to the farmer's market in town that morning, and saw
lovely squash blossoms.

Christine

kalanamak

Charles Gifford wrote:

> "Orion" > wrote in message
> > Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work. How
> > is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?
> >
> > Suzan

> I'll send you additional information before too long, but to answer your
> questions briefly: you cook whatever you want. You can make something and
> bring it or cook it at the event. You don't actually have to cook anything!
> Some folks just bring something like snacks, beer or wine and others bring
> several dishes. We always have lots to eat!

My advice is that if you really love to cook and are a completely hog
center stage by bringing enough for the whole party all by your
lonesome, you owe it to the group to bring some cute, conversational big
eaters. Or as Ron Sulivan once said: I bring men bearing pies.
blacksalt
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:11:37 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>As you might have seen in another thread, it is almost time for the 5th
>annual Sandy Eggo Cook-In. This year it will be Saturday, June 12th. It
>will be at Katherine and David Barto's lovely home on a hill above Poway.
>There will be more information posted later. Most of the information
>relating to the cook-in will be sent via the cook-in mailing list. If you
>can attend or if you want to think about it, please let me know here or
>email me at and put COOK-IN in the subject line. A
>bunch of people could not make it last time but said they would like to this
>time. I will be emailing many of you too.
>
>It is only 4 months away so set that date aside for your rfc friends and
>cooking fun! You have time to think about it.

Sign us up, Charlie!

The one last June was a B-L-A-S-T!!!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
Charles Gifford

"Orion" > wrote in message
> What a great time! I'm looking forward. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm thinking Kahlua
> bread pudding.
>
> ciao,
>
> Suzan

I'm thinking about Kahlua brad pudding now. Yum! I'll look forward to it.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message

> 'cept we didn't have the Margaritas last time..... ;(

No. That's my fault. I didn't have enough money at the time. I have time now
to save up for this one so I can make them. If Kay comes she can make them
herself! Jamie made some excellent coctails though! There were Fred's Mai
Tais and, and, uh, the other one.

> I cooked there, as I didn't have a kitchen at the time. I brought
> almost everything with me, and then I used the Barto's utensils,
> equipment, and so forth. I made 3 dishes, one of which was unintended
> until I went to the farmer's market in town that morning, and saw
> lovely squash blossoms.

Sorry I ate some of your squash blossoms before you could cook them. I'm
such a pig. ;-)

Charlie

> Christine

Charles Gifford

"kalanamak" > wrote in message
> Charles Gifford wrote:
> >
> > "Orion" > wrote in message
> > > Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work.

How
> > > is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?
> > >
> > > Suzan

> > I'll send you additional information before too long, but to answer your
> > questions briefly: you cook whatever you want. You can make something

and
> > bring it or cook it at the event. You don't actually have to cook

anything!
> > Some folks just bring something like snacks, beer or wine and others

bring
> > several dishes. We always have lots to eat!

> My advice is that if you really love to cook and are a completely hog
> center stage by bringing enough for the whole party all by your
> lonesome, you owe it to the group to bring some cute, conversational big
> eaters. Or as Ron Sulivan once said: I bring men bearing pies.
> blacksalt

Excellent advice!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:11:37 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > arranged random neurons, so they looked like
> this:
> >
> >It is only 4 months away so set that date aside for your rfc friends and
> >cooking fun! You have time to think about it.
> >

> Sign us up, Charlie!
>
> The one last June was a B-L-A-S-T!!!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

It was fun indeed! I still think about Peter's Grilled Pork. That was my
favorite, but there were so many good things. I should have made a double
batch of Kay's Margaritas though.

Charlie

Christine Dabney

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:14:49 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
.. .

>> 'cept we didn't have the Margaritas last time..... ;(

>No. That's my fault. I didn't have enough money at the time. I have time now
>to save up for this one so I can make them. If Kay comes she can make them
>herself! Jamie made some excellent coctails though! There were Fred's Mai
>Tais and, and, uh, the other one.

Delilahs

>Sorry I ate some of your squash blossoms before you could cook them. I'm
>such a pig. ;-)

But you're a nice pig. You liked the rest of my food too.

I should put up the pictures from that cook-in. I have them already
to be uploaded to the site where I put pictures for viewing. I have
tons from that cook-in. I will try to do it sometime this week.

The only thing that didn't come out right was the little video I shot
on my camera, of Jamie mixing the Delilahs, and Brian singing Delilah
as she shook them. That was priceless!

Christine

Dan Abel

In article >, Rich McCormack
> wrote:

> Patti and I had a great time at the last one, so you can pretty
> much count on us this time as well. We'd like to invite our son
> and his wife if that'd be OK.

Only if they know how to eat!

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Rick & Cyndi

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
nk.net...
:
: "Orion" > wrote in message
: news:Jy4Zb.16866$tM5.5452@fed1read04...
: > What a great time! I'm looking forward. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm
thinking Kahlua
: > bread pudding.
: >
: > ciao,
: >
: > Suzan
:
: I'm thinking about Kahlua brad pudding now. Yum! I'll look
forward to it.
:
: Charlie
:
: ======

Recipe please!!!!!!???

Orion

> : > What a great time! I'm looking forward. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm thinking
Kahlua bread pudding.
> : >
> : > ciao,
> : >
> : > Suzan
> :
> : I'm thinking about Kahlua brad pudding now. Yum! I'll look
> forward to it.
> :
> : Charlie
> :
> : ======
>
> Recipe please!!!!!!???

I can't remember where I got the recipe, but here it is;

Kahlua Bread Pudding

1 loaf of country egg bread
6 cups heavy cream
1/2 bar of Mexican sweet chocolate
1/2 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
6 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
3 Tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then cut bread into 1 inch slices. Heat cream,
raisins, chocolate and Kahlua until hot.

Whisk eggs until frothy, add the sugar cinnamon and 1/2 of vanilla and salt
to the egg mixture until combined.

Remove cream mixture from the stove and whisk into the egg mixture.

Build the bread pudding by placing 1 layer of bread into pan. Pour 1/4 of
the custard mixture over the layer, making sure to cover all surfaces of the
bread. Repeat the process until the pudding is built to the top of the pan.

Pour the remaining custard mixture over the pudding and bake for about 1
hour or until the bread pulls away from the sides. The bread pudding will be
firm, yet a little wobbly.
**************************
Sometimes I add dried cherries, and sometimes I leave out the chocolate,
it's a very manipulatable (?) recipe. And I love desserts w/booze in them.

Suzan

alzelt

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article <_5LYb.9252$tM5.6545@fed1read04>, "Orion" >
> wrote:
>

>>Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work.
>> How is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?

>>Suzan

> Think potluck. Some folks prepare their offering on the premises, some
> bring it ready to serve. The Californians drink a lot. The Minnesotans
> don't drink. It's why we're so boring.

Harry,

I think it must be allowable for Minnesotans to drink at Cookins out of
their home areas.

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 07:47:17 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> In article <_5LYb.9252$tM5.6545@fed1read04>, "Orion" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Charlie, I will be going, but don't know how these cook-ins work.
>>> How is it decided who makes what and is there a theme?

>>>Suzan

>> Think potluck. Some folks prepare their offering on the premises, some
>> bring it ready to serve. The Californians drink a lot. The Minnesotans
>> don't drink. It's why we're so boring.

>Harry,
>
>I think it must be allowable for Minnesotans to drink at Cookins out of
>their home areas.

Yikes, Alan.

I had believed it was a requirement when you travelled to the Left
Coast, eh? [or anywhere out of Minniesota].

Harry
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:09:03 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> arranged random neurons, so they looked
like this:

>Think potluck. Some folks prepare their offering on the premises, some
>bring it ready to serve. The Californians drink a lot. The Minnesotans
>don't drink. It's why we're so boring.

Yuh, right <eyeball rolling> That *was* Miz Barb "Minnesota" Schaller
at Margaret Suran's brunch suckin' down a few of the bloody marys Bill
made, nu?

You'll have to come out for the Sandy Eggo cookin. I have a rollaway
you'll just love!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Terry Pulliam
Burd > wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:09:03 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > arranged random neurons, so they looked
> like this:
>
> >Think potluck. Some folks prepare their offering on the premises, some
> >bring it ready to serve. The Californians drink a lot. The Minnesotans
> >don't drink. It's why we're so boring.

> Yuh, right <eyeball rolling> That *was* Miz Barb "Minnesota" Schaller
> at Margaret Suran's brunch suckin' down a few of the bloody marys Bill
> made, nu?
>
> You'll have to come out for the Sandy Eggo cookin. I have a rollaway
> you'll just love!

No can do. I'm going to be a broad. I mean abroad. And you guys drink
too much anyway for the likes of a shy non-Norwegian Meen-a-sohtan.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
Christine Dabney

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:00:51 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >, Terry Pulliam
>Burd > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:09:03 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> > arranged random neurons, so they looked
>> like this:
>>
>> >Think potluck. Some folks prepare their offering on the premises, some
>> >bring it ready to serve. The Californians drink a lot. The Minnesotans
>> >don't drink. It's why we're so boring.

>> Yuh, right <eyeball rolling> That *was* Miz Barb "Minnesota" Schaller
>> at Margaret Suran's brunch suckin' down a few of the bloody marys Bill
>> made, nu?
>>
>> You'll have to come out for the Sandy Eggo cookin. I have a rollaway
>> you'll just love!

>No can do. I'm going to be a broad. I mean abroad. And you guys drink
>too much anyway for the likes of a shy non-Norwegian Meen-a-sohtan.

We do not!

See follow up... see how much fun we can have.

Christine

Christine Dabney

Default SAN DIEGO COOK-IN :Pictures FINALLY!!!!!

Okay everyone,

I FINALLY got the pictures uploaded. Most of them are edited, but
some are not. I can't remember everything that far back, but I
tried. If any of you who were there want to try to figure out what
was going on with the ones that have no caption, please feel free to
add your comments.

This is the link:
http://community.webshots.com/album/120433869dsiIGr

Christine
Charles Gifford

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Okay everyone,
>
> I FINALLY got the pictures uploaded. Most of them are edited, but
> some are not. I can't remember everything that far back, but I
> tried. If any of you who were there want to try to figure out what
> was going on with the ones that have no caption, please feel free to
> add your comments.
>
> This is the link:
> http://community.webshots.com/album/120433869dsiIGr
>
> Christine

Nice job Christine! Thanks!

Charliam

Rick & Cyndi

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...
:
: "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Okay everyone,
: >
: > I FINALLY got the pictures uploaded. Most of them are
edited, but
: > some are not. I can't remember everything that far back,
but I
: > tried. If any of you who were there want to try to figure
out what
: > was going on with the ones that have no caption, please feel
free to
: > add your comments.
: >
: > This is the link:
: > http://community.webshots.com/album/120433869dsiIGr
: >
: > Christine
:
: Nice job Christine! Thanks!
:
: Charliam
:
: ==========

Wow! Beautiful shots and gorgeous home!

It's rather neat to be able to put "faces" to some of the names.
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply

Orion

Christine Dabney > wrote in message >. ..
> Okay everyone,
>
> I FINALLY got the pictures uploaded. Most of them are edited, but
> some are not. I can't remember everything that far back, but I
> tried. If any of you who were there want to try to figure out what
> was going on with the ones that have no caption, please feel free to
> add your comments.
>
> This is the link:
> http://community.webshots.com/album/120433869dsiIGr
>
> Christine

Looks like tooooooo much fun! I can't wait for June. Thanks for the
pics, Christine.

Suzan
Charles Gifford

There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo Cook-In
2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can make
it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
attendance within a few weeks.

The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's tradition
of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in the
subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
lost in my spam trap.

Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?

Charlie

Kate Connally

Charles Gifford wrote:

> There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo Cook-In
> 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can make
> it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
> attendance within a few weeks.
>
> The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
> interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's tradition
> of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in the
> subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
> lost in my spam trap.
>
> Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?
>
> Charlie

Well, I would love to attend, as I told you earlier.
So, if anyone out there wants to send me a free airline
ticket and offer me a place to crash, I'll be there.
;-) ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Charles Gifford

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Charles Gifford wrote:
> >
> > There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo

Cook-In
> > 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can

make
> > it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
> > attendance within a few weeks.
> >
> > The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
> > interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's

tradition
> > of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in

the
> > subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
> > lost in my spam trap.
> >
> > Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?
> >
> > Charlie

> Well, I would love to attend, as I told you earlier.
> So, if anyone out there wants to send me a free airline
> ticket and offer me a place to crash, I'll be there.
> ;-) ;-)
>
> Kate

I wish I could help! Perhaps one of our wealthy attendees can pop for that
ticket! There must be someone with more than they need. ;-)

Charlie

jmcquown

Charles Gifford wrote:
> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>> Charles Gifford wrote:
>>>
>>> There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo
>>> Cook-In 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to
>>> decide if you can make it, please try to think harder! We would
>>> like to have a good idea of attendance within a few weeks.
>>>
>>> The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you
>>> are interested in attending or would like more information about
>>> RFC's tradition of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is
>>> best to put Cook-In in the subject line just in case you aren't in
>>> my address book so you don't get lost in my spam trap.
>>>
>>> Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?
>>>
>>> Charlie

>> Well, I would love to attend, as I told you earlier.
>> So, if anyone out there wants to send me a free airline
>> ticket and offer me a place to crash, I'll be there.
>> ;-) ;-)
>>
>> Kate

> I wish I could help! Perhaps one of our wealthy attendees can pop for
> that ticket! There must be someone with more than they need. ;-)
>
> Charlie

Heh, while they're at it they can throw in an airline ticket (first class,
please!) and hotel room for me Otherwise, I'll be living vicariously and
awaiting the food/fun reports.

Jill

Christine Dabney

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:26:41 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Heh, while they're at it they can throw in an airline ticket (first class,
>please!) and hotel room for me Otherwise, I'll be living vicariously and
>awaiting the food/fun reports.
>
>Jill

Come on out, Jill. The last one was marvelous!

Did you see the pictures? I posted the link a few months ago.

Christine
jmcquown

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:26:41 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>

>> Heh, while they're at it they can throw in an airline ticket (first
>> class, please!) and hotel room for me Otherwise, I'll be living
>> vicariously and awaiting the food/fun reports.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Come on out, Jill. The last one was marvelous!
>
> Did you see the pictures? I posted the link a few months ago.
>
> Christine

Heh, I've only started venturing out of my comfy nest in west TN recently
Perhaps I can be persueded to go back to the area of my birth (Oceanside)
but I have to use my vacation time wisely. We shall see!

No slur on anyone particicpating in the SD cook-in... I just don't travel
much.

Jill

Kate Connally

Charles Gifford wrote:

> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> > Charles Gifford wrote:
> > >
> > > There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo

> Cook-In
> > > 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can

> make
> > > it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
> > > attendance within a few weeks.
> > >
> > > The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
> > > interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's

> tradition
> > > of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in

> the
> > > subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
> > > lost in my spam trap.
> > >
> > > Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?
> > >
> > > Charlie

> > Well, I would love to attend, as I told you earlier.
> > So, if anyone out there wants to send me a free airline
> > ticket and offer me a place to crash, I'll be there.
> > ;-) ;-)
> >
> > Kate

> I wish I could help! Perhaps one of our wealthy attendees can pop for that
> ticket! There must be someone with more than they need. ;-)

Oh, everyone has frequent flyer miles these days. They
needed be all that rich. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

jmcquown wrote:

> Charles Gifford wrote:

> >> Well, I would love to attend, as I told you earlier.
> >> So, if anyone out there wants to send me a free airline
> >> ticket and offer me a place to crash, I'll be there.
> >> ;-) ;-)
> >>
> >> Kate

> > I wish I could help! Perhaps one of our wealthy attendees can pop for
> > that ticket! There must be someone with more than they need. ;-)
> >
> > Charlie

> Heh, while they're at it they can throw in an airline ticket (first class,
> please!) and hotel room for me Otherwise, I'll be living vicariously and
> awaiting the food/fun reports.
>
> Jill

Jill,
We who must remain behind can commiserate together.
I also will be eagerly awaitng the reports. Too bad
I don't have access to the internet on the weekend though.
I'll have to wait until Monday for everything. :-(
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

sf

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:52:20 -0400, Kate Connally
> wrote:

> Oh, everyone has frequent flyer miles these days.

I don't.

Charles Gifford

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Charles Gifford wrote:
> >

> > I wish I could help! Perhaps one of our wealthy attendees can pop for

that
> > ticket! There must be someone with more than they need. ;-)

> Oh, everyone has frequent flyer miles these days. They
> needed be all that rich. ;-)
>
> Kate

I think we have a couple of people coming on their earned miles. Not sharing
of course. Humph.

Charlie

Kate Connally

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:52:20 -0400, Kate Connally
> > wrote:
>
> > Oh, everyone has frequent flyer miles these days.

> I don't.

Okay, *almost* everyone. I don't either. But
I'm always the last to get everything - a microwave,
a color tv, a vcr, a home computer, cable, still don't
have a dvd, etc.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Karen O'Mara

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message ink.net>...
> There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo Cook-In
> 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can make
> it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
> attendance within a few weeks.
>
> The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
> interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's tradition
> of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in the
> subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
> lost in my spam trap.
>
> Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?

I would like to try and attend one of these finally! Please include me
in your mail list. I hope I can participate this time around.

Karen
(please remove the "a" in for your addressing,
thanks...)
Charles Gifford

"Karen O'Mara" > wrote in message
om...
> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

ink.net>...
> > There are less than 2 months until the fun begins at the Sandy Eggo

Cook-In
> > 2004! If you are one of those who are still trying to decide if you can

make
> > it, please try to think harder! We would like to have a good idea of
> > attendance within a few weeks.
> >
> > The cook-in will be on Saturday June 12th. All are welcome. If you are
> > interested in attending or would like more information about RFC's

tradition
> > of Cook-In's please feel free to email me. It is best to put Cook-In in

the
> > subject line just in case you aren't in my address book so you don't get
> > lost in my spam trap.
> >
> > Food, booze and gossip! What could be better?

> I would like to try and attend one of these finally! Please include me
> in your mail list. I hope I can participate this time around.
>
> Karen
> (please remove the "a" in for your addressing,
> thanks...)

Consider yourself on the list Karen! Our hosts, David and Katherine Barto or
I will be emailing information when we get closer to the date. In the
meantime, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just
email me. I really hope you can make it. This is going to be a really fun
cook-in!

Charlie

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:52:53 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>Consider yourself on the list Karen! Our hosts, David and Katherine Barto or
>I will be emailing information when we get closer to the date. In the
>meantime, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just
>email me. I really hope you can make it. This is going to be a really fun
>cook-in!

Charlie - Bill has already made our hotel reservations and I've been
prowling through my recipes. Not long now!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"
Orion

"<snip-snip>
> Charlie - Bill has already made our hotel reservations and I've been
> prowling through my recipes. Not long now!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
> had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
> been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
> good dinner." Anonymous.
>
> To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"

This is going to be great, I'm very much looking forward to meeting so many
of you! Good drinks - good food - great company....

Suzan

Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:52:53 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > arranged random neurons, so they looked like
> this:
>
> >Consider yourself on the list Karen! Our hosts, David and Katherine Barto

or
> >I will be emailing information when we get closer to the date. In the
> >meantime, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just
> >email me. I really hope you can make it. This is going to be a really fun
> >cook-in!

> Charlie - Bill has already made our hotel reservations and I've been
> prowling through my recipes. Not long now!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Excellent! I'm thinking about doing some Irish dishes.

Charlie