David Barto

Default San Diego Cook-in

Hey all,

This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.

They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
bitch. I won't say what else she said..

I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
Californians..

I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
behind my back....

Christine

Nancy Young

David Barto wrote:

> Hey all,

> They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
> bitch. I won't say what else she said..

> Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
> he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.
>
> Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
> Californians..

Let me get this straight. You have the meanest person on the
planet, Jamie, Jack Schidt AND Charliam in one room????

I have to go catch my breath.

You watch your back, girl.

nancy
Christine Dabney

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:25:42 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Let me get this straight. You have the meanest person on the
>planet, Jamie, Jack Schidt AND Charliam in one room????
>
>I have to go catch my breath.
>
>You watch your back, girl.

Oh yeah..and that doesn't even count Koko, who started the whole
thing...she called me Ms Prissy B*itches, cause I wouldn't use her
vermouth for my squash blossoms. Well, I'll be, ....I wanted white
wine, not some vermouth that Julia recommended...

Christine, running from Koko

Charles Gifford

"David Barto" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
>
> They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
> bitch. I won't say what else she said..

That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!

> I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
> hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
chasers.

> Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
> he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!

> Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
> Californians..

I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

> I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
> cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!

> Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
> behind my back....
>
> Christine

Surely nothing good!

I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
tonight.

Charlie

David Barto

Charles Gifford > wrote:

> "David Barto" > wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
> >
> > They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
> > bitch. I won't say what else she said..

> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>
> > I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
> > hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
> chasers.

The Mai Tais (from jamie) were first rate. Had only the one, but it
was enough.

> > Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
> > he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>
> > Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
> > Californians..

> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

I should say! He nearly burned down my brick outdoor grill! Takes a
special person to do that!

> > I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
> > cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

> You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
> eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
> point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!
>
> > Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
> > behind my back....
> >
> > Christine

> Surely nothing good!
>
> I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
> to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
> I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
> tonight.
>
> Charlie

It should be noted that it was koko's birthday. She won a basket. I
think the raffle was rigged. I mean really, how often would a birthday
girl win a raffle..?

The group was small, the food was wonderful and the conversation was
excellent. I had a wonderful day.

My kitchen is a disaster area, even after the birthday girl spent
quite some time cleaning it. (Thanks Koko)
-barto
David Barto

Jamie utters

Christine Dabney > wrote in message >. ..
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:25:42 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>

> >Let me get this straight. You have the meanest person on the
> >planet, Jamie, Jack Schidt AND Charliam in one room????
> >
> >I have to go catch my breath.
> >
> >You watch your back, girl.

> Oh yeah..and that doesn't even count Koko, who started the whole
> thing...she called me Ms Prissy B*itches, cause I wouldn't use her
> vermouth for my squash blossoms. Well, I'll be, ....I wanted white
> wine, not some vermouth that Julia recommended...

Actually Koko came outside and asked for some white wine for
"Prissy Britches in there" because Koko's Vermouth wasn't "good enough"
for Cristine. I was trying to lend some civility to the situation by
telling Koko to show some respect. I tried to say: "it's *Miss* Prissy
Britches."

But after a Mai Tai
and a Delilah, it was something I could not articulate successfully.
So it came out "Crissy Bitches." Even so, all in all it seemed like
a good change. So I decided to stay with it. :-) ;-)

Jamie

> Christine, running from Koko

Charlotte L. Blackmer

In article >,
David Barto > wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
>
>They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
>bitch.

she does that to everyone. except me. *SOB*

>I won't say what else she said..
>
>I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
>hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

yum.

>Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
>he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.
>
>Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
>Californians..

Oh my gosh! He was there? Damn!

Hope you enjoyed your trip, bud!

>I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
>cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.
>
>Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
>behind my back....

*grin*

Sorry I had to miss out on all the fun. I am getting better from my
Medical Problems but driving down to Sandy Eggo was not on.

Although I did see Annie Mitchell at our hairdresser's yesterday :-) so I
did see someone from RFC.

Charlotte
(and shopped at a well-stocked Trader Joe's)

Christine Dabney

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:55:00 +0000 (UTC), "Charlotte L. Blackmer"
> wrote:

>>They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
>>bitch.

>she does that to everyone. except me. *SOB*

Maybe if you had been there, she would have done so with you too.

>>Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
>>Californians..

>Oh my gosh! He was there? Damn!

See what you missed?
Mimi Hiller was there too.

>Sorry I had to miss out on all the fun. I am getting better from my
>Medical Problems but driving down to Sandy Eggo was not on.
>
>Although I did see Annie Mitchell at our hairdresser's yesterday :-) so I
>did see someone from RFC.

Yeah, I understand. It is a long drive.
I am starting back up the coast tomorrow. Right now, I am being lazy,
and trying to get myself in gear. Looking at Chowhound, and trying to
figure out what I want to try today.
If any of you San Diegoans have any interesting suggestions for places
to try, let me know.

Christine
alzelt

Jamie utters wrote:

> But after a Mai Tai
> and a Delilah, it was something I could not articulate successfully.
> So it came out "Crissy Bitches." Even so, all in all it seemed like
> a good change. So I decided to stay with it. :-) ;-)
>
> Jamie
>
>>Christine, running from Koko

Still stirring the pot Jamie!!!!
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

alzelt

Charles Gifford wrote:

> "David Barto" > wrote in message
>
>>Hey all,
>>
>>This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
>>
>>They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
>>bitch. I won't say what else she said..

> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>

>>I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
>>hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
> chasers.
>

>>Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
>>he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>

>>Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
>>Californians..

> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!
>

>>I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
>>cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

> You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
> eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
> point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!
>

>>Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
>>behind my back....
>>
>>Christine

> Surely nothing good!
>
> I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
> to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
> I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
> tonight.
>
> Charlie

Hey Charlie, did anyone cook down there, or were you all sitting around
drinking and being mean to each other (which is an OK sport, too)? Where
are the recipes? We want the recipes!
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Koko

On 19 Oct 2003 10:31:11 -0700, (Jamie utters) wrote:

>Christine Dabney > wrote in message >. ..
>> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:25:42 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >Let me get this straight. You have the meanest person on the
>> >planet, Jamie, Jack Schidt AND Charliam in one room????
>> >
>> >I have to go catch my breath.
>> >
>> >You watch your back, girl.

>> Oh yeah..and that doesn't even count Koko, who started the whole
>> thing...she called me Ms Prissy B*itches, cause I wouldn't use her
>> vermouth for my squash blossoms. Well, I'll be, ....I wanted white
>> wine, not some vermouth that Julia recommended...

>Actually Koko came outside and asked for some white wine for
>"Prissy Britches in there" because Koko's Vermouth wasn't "good enough"
>for Cristine. I was trying to lend some civility to the situation by
>telling Koko to show some respect. I tried to say: "it's *Miss* Prissy
>Britches."
>
>But after a Mai Tai
>and a Delilah, it was something I could not articulate successfully.
>So it came out "Crissy Bitches." Even so, all in all it seemed like
>a good change. So I decided to stay with it. :-) ;-)
>
>Jamie
>>
>> Christine, running from Koko

Ms. Prissy Britches didn't want a waft of Vermouth to pass her squash
blossoms. Even after her "uppity" attitude I went out of my way to
find her an acceptable wine. (she thinks she knows more than Julia )

I notice Priss Missy Bitches, didn't tell you how I fashioned a pastry
bag out of a ziploc bag and helped her fill her blossoms, noooo.

By the way, they were devine, and you are too much fun.

Koko

A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Koko

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:22:17 GMT, (David Barto) wrote:

>Charles Gifford > wrote:
>
>> "David Barto" > wrote in message
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
>> >
>> > They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
>> > bitch. I won't say what else she said..

>> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>>
>> > I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
>> > hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

>> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
>> chasers.
>>

>The Mai Tais (from jamie) were first rate. Had only the one, but it
>was enough.
>
>> > Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
>> > he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

>> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
>> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
>> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>>
>> > Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
>> > Californians..

>> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!
>>

>I should say! He nearly burned down my brick outdoor grill! Takes a
>special person to do that!
>
>> > I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
>> > cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

>> You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
>> eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
>> point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!
>>
>> > Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
>> > behind my back....
>> >
>> > Christine

>> Surely nothing good!
>>
>> I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
>> to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
>> I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
>> tonight.
>>
>> Charlie

>It should be noted that it was koko's birthday. She won a basket. I
>think the raffle was rigged. I mean really, how often would a birthday
>girl win a raffle..?

I was thrilled, I don't usually win anything. Great basket, I love
everything in it.

>The group was small, the food was wonderful and the conversation was
>excellent. I had a wonderful day.

It was a perfect day, great food, great people.

>My kitchen is a disaster area, even after the birthday girl spent
>quite some time cleaning it. (Thanks Koko)

I felt bad leaving too much for you to do, I did contribute to the
mess. Besides, that's the least I could have done, your hospitality is
greatly appreciated.
> -barto
> David Barto

Koko

A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Koko

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:07:01 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Charles Gifford wrote:
>
>> "David Barto" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Hey all,
>>>
>>>This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
>>>
>>>They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
>>>bitch. I won't say what else she said..

>> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>>

>>>I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
>>>hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

>> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
>> chasers.
>>

>>>Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
>>>he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

>> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
>> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
>> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>>

>>>Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
>>>Californians..

>> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!
>>

>>>I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
>>>cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

>> You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
>> eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
>> point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!
>>

>>>Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
>>>behind my back....
>>>
>>>Christine

>> Surely nothing good!
>>
>> I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
>> to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
>> I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
>> tonight.
>>
>> Charlie
>>

>Hey Charlie, did anyone cook down there, or were you all sitting around
>drinking and being mean to each other (which is an OK sport, too)? Where
>are the recipes? We want the recipes!

Yeah, we cooked, in between being mean to each other.

Bitch Prissy Mitches was going full force when I got there. The
kitchen was designed for cookins so I had no problem getting work
space.
The McClouds and Jamie cooked also.
I thought it was Jamie that almost burned down the Bartos new home not
Jack.

I'll have a full report soon. Still reading the cookbook I won in my
basket, Ruby Anne's Down Home Trailer Park Cookbook.

Koko

A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Christine Dabney

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:12:19 -0700, Koko >
wrote:

>Ms. Prissy Britches didn't want a waft of Vermouth to pass her squash
>blossoms. Even after her "uppity" attitude I went out of my way to
>find her an acceptable wine. (she thinks she knows more than Julia )

All right, already! Next time, I will try some vermouth...

>I notice Priss Missy Bitches, didn't tell you how I fashioned a pastry
>bag out of a ziploc bag and helped her fill her blossoms, noooo.

I think I had too much wine, or was it Delilahs? I attribute my not
remembering to those... But it was a very big help!

>By the way, they were devine, and you are too much fun.

I suppose I have to type out recipes for these now, don't I? Do you
know how much I detest typing out recipes?

It was a good group and we had a lot of fun! I have the pics to prove
it, and a video of Jamie shaking Delilahs, and Brian singing while she
shook.

Just wish some of the others that had thought about coming, had
showed up. Would have been even more fun.

Christine

Charles Gifford

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Hey Charlie, did anyone cook down there, or were you all sitting around
> drinking and being mean to each other (which is an OK sport, too)? Where
> are the recipes? We want the recipes!
> --
> Alan

Christine did a lot of cooking! What a wonderful person as well as cook!
Everyone contributed excellent food (except me to my shame) and Koko spent a
great deal of time working over a hot stove! However, we have some excellent
mixologists and it would be silly not to make use of their talents by
becoming legless. Moreover, it is the natural consequence of a full tummy
and a bemused mind to partake in the frendly back and forth banter of "being
mean" and talking about people who are not present, such as AZelt.

I expect everyone will post their recipes very soon. I will post mine too
even though they didn't make it to the cook-in. I've cooked both dishes many
times but screwed them both up this time - blast it. We did have too much
food, so mine wasn't missed.

Charlie

Bob

Koko wrote:

> I notice Priss Missy Bitches, didn't tell you how I fashioned a pastry
> bag out of a ziploc bag and helped her fill her blossoms, noooo.

Funny the things you see when you just glance at a line of text.

When I read this the first time, I thought it said, "fashioned a pastry bag
out of a ziploc bag and helped her fill her bosoms."

TOTALLY different thing.

Bob
Jack Schidt®

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "David Barto" > wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
> >
> > They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
> > bitch. I won't say what else she said..

> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>
> > I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
> > hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
> chasers.
>
> > Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
> > he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>
> > Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
> > Californians..

I was outnumbered and you knew where the sharp objects were...

> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

Thanks for blowing my cover!

Jack Leaked

Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

> > I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

> Thanks for blowing my cover!
>
> Jack Leaked

Uh, we're well aware she's a flat out liar. Don't worry about that.
We are not fooled that you're nice, no way.

nancy
Jack Schidt®

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

> > > I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very

cool!

> > Thanks for blowing my cover!
> >
> > Jack Leaked

> Uh, we're well aware she's a flat out liar. Don't worry about that.
> We are not fooled that you're nice, no way.
>
> nancy

Whew, I'm obviously relieved. Thanks, amiga!

Jack Misery

Puester

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> Thanks for blowing my cover!
>
> Jack Leaked

I hope it was on something washable!

gloria p
Christine Dabney

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:13:23 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>"Jack Schidt®" wrote:
>>
>> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message

>> > I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

>> Thanks for blowing my cover!
>>
>> Jack Leaked

>Uh, we're well aware she's a flat out liar. Don't worry about that.
>We are not fooled that you're nice, no way.
>
>nancy

I didn't say that! Blame Charlie!

Christine, running away.
sf

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:35:14 GMT, Dog3
> wrote:

> I'm so glad you had a good time. I need a good time right now. Work is
> killing me slowly. I'm just biding my time until December. I can't wait
> to meet everyone at Margaret's. I'll also enjoy dragging youngest child
> around Manhattan.
>
> Michael

Somehow, I've missed the date. ???
Margaret Suran

sf wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:35:14 GMT, Dog3
> > wrote:
>

> > I'm so glad you had a good time. I need a good time right now. Work is
> > killing me slowly. I'm just biding my time until December. I can't wait
> > to meet everyone at Margaret's. I'll also enjoy dragging youngest child
> > around Manhattan.
> >
> > Michael

> Somehow, I've missed the date. ???

December 6th, brunch in honor of Barbara Schaller. If you can make it,
that would be terrific. Please, come.

Margaret
Terry Pulliam

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:10:35 -0400, Margaret Suran >
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:35:14 GMT, Dog3
>> > wrote:
>>

>> > I'm so glad you had a good time. I need a good time right now. Work is
>> > killing me slowly. I'm just biding my time until December. I can't wait
>> > to meet everyone at Margaret's. I'll also enjoy dragging youngest child
>> > around Manhattan.
>> >
>> > Michael

>> Somehow, I've missed the date. ???

>December 6th, brunch in honor of Barbara Schaller. If you can make it,
>that would be terrific. Please, come.

Where, where, where?? Barb and I go waaay back and I would love to see
her again! Pleeeasse?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "gotcha"

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Terry Pulliam
> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:10:35 -0400, Margaret Suran >
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:
>
> >sf wrote:

> >> Somehow, I've missed the date. ???

> >December 6th, brunch in honor of Barbara Schaller. If you can make it,
> >that would be terrific. Please, come.
> >

> Where, where, where?? Barb and I go waaay back and I would love to see
> her again! Pleeeasse?
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Right coast. Manhattan. Upper East Side. Are you serious?
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
sf

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:10:35 -0400, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Somehow, I've missed the date. ???

> December 6th, brunch in honor of Barbara Schaller. If you can make it,
> that would be terrific. Please, come.

Thanks for the invite! Not sure at this point, closer to
xmas would have been better for me.

I'm determined to meet you someday, cook-in or not and I
want to meet up with Curley Sue again too!
Terry Pulliam

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:27:02 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> arranged random neurons, so they looked
like this:

>In article >, Terry Pulliam
> wrote:
>
>> Where, where, where?? Barb and I go waaay back and I would love to see
>> her again! Pleeeasse?
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
>> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

>Right coast. Manhattan. Upper East Side. Are you serious?

Yup - The DH and I were planning on a NYC long weekend about then,
anyway, to visit my daughter who can't come home for Christmas.
Barring the girl child unit's schedule screwing us over, we'll be
there. Erm, that is if Margaret can stand a couple of left coasters?

This'll be great - it's been a long time since Al's in Dinkytown,
girl!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "gotcha"
Christine Dabney

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:47:38 -0700, Terry Pulliam
>Yup - The DH and I were planning on a NYC long weekend about then,
>anyway, to visit my daughter who can't come home for Christmas.
>Barring the girl child unit's schedule screwing us over, we'll be
>there. Erm, that is if Margaret can stand a couple of left coasters?

You won't be the only left coasters: I will be there too. I will be
in MD for the winter, but after that I will probably head back to the
west coast for a bit, to warm up.

Christine
Margaret Suran

Terry Pulliam wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:27:02 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > arranged random neurons, so they looked
> like this:
>
> >In article >, Terry Pulliam
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Where, where, where?? Barb and I go waaay back and I would love to see
> >> her again! Pleeeasse?
> >>
> >> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
> >> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

> >Right coast. Manhattan. Upper East Side. Are you serious?

> Yup - The DH and I were planning on a NYC long weekend about then,
> anyway, to visit my daughter who can't come home for Christmas.
> Barring the girl child unit's schedule screwing us over, we'll be
> there. Erm, that is if Margaret can stand a couple of left coasters?
>
> This'll be great - it's been a long time since Al's in Dinkytown,
> girl!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

That would be really wonderful. Please, do try to make it. For me,
that is tantamount to an early Christmas gift. Thank you for even
considering it.

Margaret

Terry Pulliam

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:56:45 -0400, Margaret Suran >
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>Terry Pulliam wrote:
>>
>> Yup - The DH and I were planning on a NYC long weekend about then,
>> anyway, to visit my daughter who can't come home for Christmas.
>> Barring the girl child unit's schedule screwing us over, we'll be
>> there. Erm, that is if Margaret can stand a couple of left coasters?
>>
>> This'll be great - it's been a long time since Al's in Dinkytown,
>> girl!

>That would be really wonderful. Please, do try to make it. For me,
>that is tantamount to an early Christmas gift. Thank you for even
>considering it.

Margaret, the honor is entirely mine. Thank you for including us. And
my daughter has given the green light to that weekend - she's in
Brooklyn, but we'll probably stay in Manhattan. Either way, wild
horses and all that!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "gotcha"
Terry Pulliam

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:56:33 GMT, Christine Dabney
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:47:38 -0700, Terry Pulliam
>>Yup - The DH and I were planning on a NYC long weekend about then,
>>anyway, to visit my daughter who can't come home for Christmas.
>>Barring the girl child unit's schedule screwing us over, we'll be
>>there. Erm, that is if Margaret can stand a couple of left coasters?

>You won't be the only left coasters: I will be there too. I will be
>in MD for the winter, but after that I will probably head back to the
>west coast for a bit, to warm up.

Wonderful!

We're just taking a long weekend - out on Friday, back on Monday. The
DH has been dragging me all over the country trying for Elite status
on Continental for our trip to Ireland next year <sigh> This trip will
put us over the top :-) OTOH, it's gotten his mind right about
traveling back east for Margaret's soiree! Yippee Skippee!