Christine Dabney

Default San Diego Cook-In

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:55:14 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>We hope that many of you will start planning on attending a late Spring
>Cook-In here in Sandy Eggo in 2004!
>
>Charlie

Yes, indeed!

Debbie Mcleod and I discovered that one of our favorite cookbooks, is
Richard Olney's book, Lulu's Provencal Kitchen. Somehow in talking
about it, we decided it would be fun to make Bouillabaisse along with
it's attendant rouille at the cook-in in 2004, Or at least a
reasonable facsimile, since many people seem to think that a
bouillabaisse cannot be made in this country or outside of the region
it was born in. So, as of this moment, we are planning as our
contribution, a kettle of bouillabaisse or it's facsimile.

Debbie, I had another idea too, if you are reading this. I was just
looking at the book again, and one of the dishes that also intrigues
me, and would also be good for a party is a Grand Aioli. It will be
just about time for the new garlic to come in at that time, so it
would be very appropriate as well. If that idea of bouillabaisse
doesn't come together, maybe we could consider this?

Christine