Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Elvis' Strawberry Cake Recipe request

Hi All - I was watching Oprah this last Thursday. Oprah had gone to
Graceland and had dinner with Lisa Marie Presley. One of the deserts
was a strawberry cake that was one of Elvis' fav dishes. I know you
can find a lot of his fav recipes online but I cannot find that cake.
>From what was said there was nothing artificial tasting to it. Help -

Please.

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Buttercup" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All - I was watching Oprah this last Thursday. Oprah had gone to
Graceland and had dinner with Lisa Marie Presley. One of the deserts
was a strawberry cake that was one of Elvis' fav dishes. I know you
can find a lot of his fav recipes online but I cannot find that cake.
>From what was said there was nothing artificial tasting to it. Help -

Please.

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?

I don't know about Elvis Presley. favourite strawberry cake recipe ,but here
is an easy one that appeared in my local paper.
Strawberrycake.
ingredients:
butter ,sugar,flour for the tin,1 punnet strawberries,115g caster sugar,4
eggs at room temperature,1 tsp vanilla extract,finely grated zest of 1
lemon,100g plain flour,a pinch of salt,60g just melted unsalted butter,
icing sugar and yoghurt or cream to serve.

Method:
Brush a 23cm cake tin with melted butter,then put a disc of baking paper in
the bottom. Brush this with butter too.Then dust the inside of the tin with
caster sugar,tapping out the excess.Dust it again with plain flour ,tapping
out the excess.
Hull and slice the strawberries,put them in a bowl and stir through 1 Tbsp
of the sugar.
Beat eggs ,vanilla extract,sugar and lemon zest together until thick and
foamy and the mixture will form a tail off the uplifted beaters.Sift through
half the flour and fold in with a large metal spoon.Sift over the rest of
the flour and salt.then pour in the melted butter around the sides of the
bowl .Fold everything together carefully ,then pour half the mixture into
the prepared tin. Spoon in the strawberries and spread out evenly ,then pour
on the rest of the cake mixture.Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degree's
cel for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden and springy to touch. Leave
cake in the tin to cool for 15 minutes ,then carefully turn out on to a wire
rack to cool.Serve bottom side up dusted with icing sugar and accompanied by
yoghurt or whipped cream.
cheers
coogee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Buttercup" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All - I was watching Oprah this last Thursday. Oprah had gone to
Graceland and had dinner with Lisa Marie Presley. One of the deserts
was a strawberry cake that was one of Elvis' fav dishes. I know you
can find a lot of his fav recipes online but I cannot find that cake.
>From what was said there was nothing artificial tasting to it. Help -

Please.

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?
========
I did a search and found a couple of recipes, but I have never tried them
and I don't know if they are good or not. If you try one, will you let us
know?

http://www.pinksunrise.com/mta/byrn1.htm

http://southernfood.about.com/od/str...r/bl10401a.htm

http://www.vegetarian-fun.com/bread3.html

I thought that cake looked delicious also on Oprah.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

omg!! i cant wait to get my hands on that elvis recipe!! I'm not
SUCH an elvis fan, but I'm a foodie fanatic like that! I have one of
his cookbooks at home of his (supposed) favorite recipes, and seen
LOTS of his favorites online... but *never* had I heard of the
strawberry cake!

anyway, I emailed oprah (oprah.com)... maybe if enough peeps email
her, she'll get it for us!

I'm gonna try some cake recipes and let you know how they turn out!!
(eventually!) I'm gonna try the one you posted on about.com (but
already I see ingredient gaffs... like icing calls for 5-6c of
powdered sugar or 1 lb. a 1 lb box is about 2 cups, no?!) and I'll
leave out the nuts... and I'm questioning the coconut... hmmm!!

*fingers crossed* Good luck to all!!!