Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Default Lemon Yogurt Cake request and recipe

I have Greek yogurt and Meyer lemons; lemon yogurt cake on the brain
and lots of recipes to choose from. I'm leaning toward Ina Garten's.
Do you have a favorite lemon yogurt cake recipe to post? I want to
make something that's as light as possible and super lemony. TIA!

Lemon Yogurt Cake
2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved

1 loaf

Prep Time: 20 min Inactive Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min Level: Easy

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
3 extra-large eggs
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

For the glaze:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2
1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and
flour the pan.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In
another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon
zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet
ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the
batter, making sure it's all incorporated. Pour the batter into the
prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester
placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in
a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set
aside.

When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is
still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to
soak in. Cool.

For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and
pour over the cake.

Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

On Jan 22, 6:26*pm, sf > wrote:
> I have Greek yogurt and Meyer lemons; lemon yogurt cake on the brain
> and lots of recipes to choose from. *I'm leaning toward Ina Garten's.
> Do you have a favorite lemon yogurt cake recipe to post? *I want to
> make something that's as light as possible and super lemony. *TIA!
>
> Lemon Yogurt Cake
> 2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved
>
> 1 loaf
>
> Prep Time: * 20 min * * Inactive Prep Time: * 10 min * * * *
> Cook Time: * *50 min * *Level: * *Easy
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> 2 teaspoons baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
> 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
> 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
> 3 extra-large eggs
> 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
> 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
> 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
>
> For the glaze:
>
> 1 cup confectioners' sugar
> 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
>
> Directions
>
> Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. *Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2
> 1/2-inch loaf pan. *Line the bottom with parchment paper. *Grease and
> flour the pan.
>
> Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. *In
> another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon
> zest, and vanilla. *Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet
> ingredients. *With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the
> batter, making sure it's all incorporated. *Pour the batter into the
> prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester
> placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
>
> Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in
> a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. *Set
> aside.
>
> When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
> Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. *While the cake is
> still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to
> soak in. *Cool.
>
> For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and
> pour over the cake.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

When I saw your post I imediately thought of Ina's recipe. I've never
made it, but I've never had a recipe of hers that was a flop (and
that's unusual!)

Kris, who wishes she had Meyer lemons....
Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris[_1_] View Post
On Jan 22, 6:26*pm, sf wrote:
[...]

I love to make and eat different cakes..But i didn't got this recipe before and i never ate it as well so i will be try it on my weekend and i hope it would be so delicious to eat...So thanks for sharing a new recipe here...