Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lidia's Italy Episode 221

"Piedmont" wrote
Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode 221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?

nancy

Old 01-02-2007, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode
221, From Oil to Wine??

Old 01-02-2007, 04:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Feb, 16:26, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode 221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?

nancy

non ho capito bene, spiegami meglio..

Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"golden" wrote

On 1 Feb, 16:26, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode
221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?

non ho capito bene, spiegami meglio..

What don't you understand?

nancy

Old 01-02-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Feb, 17:25, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"golden" wrote

On 1 Feb, 16:26, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode
221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?

non ho capito bene, spiegami meglio..

What don't you understand?

nancy- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

recipes for a complete diner?
if yes what about point 1 and 3 ?
as I like to cook I have a lot of recipes (italian....) - tomorrow
afternoon at this time I can post - now I must go to Lugano in Swiss.
golden

Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"golden" wrote

On 1 Feb, 17:25, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"golden" wrote

On 1 Feb, 16:26, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode
221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?
non ho capito bene, spiegami meglio..

What don't you understand?

nancy- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

recipes for a complete diner?
if yes what about point 1 and 3 ?

I'm asking the OP if those recipes are what they want. I have
them if they want them.

nancy

Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Piedmont" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio

8 mackerel fillets
juice of 2 lemons (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 to 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil

Lay the mackerel in a single layer in a 12 inch skillet,
preferably stainless steel. Pour 2 cups or more water and the
lemon juice to cover fillets. Sprinkle half the peppercorns and
1 teaspoon of the salt over them.

Set the pan over medium heat and bring to a slow rolling boil.
Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.

Prop up a large wooden cutting board at a moderate angle,
tipping towards sink. Drain the fillets and cool completely.

Arrange the fillets in a shallow dish, one layer or two. Sprinkle
each layer with the remaining peppercorns and salt. Cover
with olive oil.

Marinate 2 to 3 hours unrefrigerated for same day use, or cover
and store in the refrigerator for a month.

Marinated mackerel and red onion salad

6 fillets of cured mackerel (above)
2 tablespoons of the curing oil
1 medium bermuda onion, thinly sliced
and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
salt to taste

Break up the mackerel into bite sized pieces
and toss with remaining ingredients.

Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

4 fillets of cured mackerel (above)
2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
18 thin slices red onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
4 large or 8 smaller slices country bread, grilled
and brushed with olive oil

Lightly mash the beans and mackerel together, toss with
remaining ingredients and serve on the warm bread.

There was also a spaghetti recipe also that had roasted red peppers,
chopped olives, garlic that was browned, this one too if you would please
be so kind!

I will look for this and let you know when I find it.

Thank you Kindly!

You're so welcome.

nancy

Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Piedmont" wrote

There was also a spaghetti recipe also that had roasted red peppers,
chopped olives, garlic that was browned, this one too if you would please
be so kind!

Lidia's Family Table
Sauce of Green Olives and Roasted Red Peppers
(a 10 minute sauce)

1 pound jar roasted red peppers in brine or fresh roasted peppers
1 1/2 cups flavorful green or black olives, pitted
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
7 or 8 plump garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried peperoncino (hot red pepper flakes)
Hot water from pasta-cooking pot
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano

Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.

Drain the roasted peppers, reserving 1/3 cup of the brine. Slice
them into 1/8 inch strips.

Puree the olives with 1/2 cup olive oil, pulsing to a paste.

Plunge 1 pound pasta into the boiling water 5 minutes before you start
the sauce.

Pour 1/4 cup of the olive oil into a big skillet, scatter the garlic
slices in the oil, set over medium heat. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 min,
shaking the pan now and then, until the garlic is just sizzling.

Drop the peperoncino into the hot spot, let it toast for a minute,
then stir it in with the garlic.

Scrape olive paste onto a hot spot. Spread it out, let it cook
for a minute to carmelize lightly, then stir in with the garlic around
the pan.

Drop the roasted peppers in the center, spread them out and let
them start to sizzle and fry, about a minute.

Spill the reserved pepper brine into the skillet, stir everything
together, raise the heat slightly, and bring the brine to boiling.
Let it bubble and evaporate, shaking the pan and stirring until the
brine is gone and the vegetables start to sizzle and caramelize again.

Ladle 3 cups of the boiling pasta water. Stir and cook the skillet
sauce rapidly for 3 or 4 minutes (while the pasta is cooking). Reduce
the liquid by a third or so, then taste the sauce and add salt as needed.
Keep at a low simmer until pasta is ready.

When the pasta is done almost al dente, scoop it up and into the
skillet to finish cooking, adjusting with more pasta water or reducing
the liquid as necessary. Add the parsley during the initial tossing; off
the
heat, toss in the cheese and a tablespoon of olive oil just before serving.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote
Can someone post the recipes for Lidia's Italy (Family Table)episode 221,
From Oil to Wine??

01. Salad with marinated mackerel, red onion, bruschetta and beans.

02. Spahhetti with sauce.

03. Marinated mackerel or sardines.

I have the book. Here are 3 recipe titles that seem to
be what you are looking for (I haven't looked for the
spaghetti with sauce recipe yet):

Mackerel cured in olive oil - sgombri sott'olio
Marinated mackerel and red onion salad
Bruschetta of cured mackerel and beans

Question: Do you want those?

nancy

Yes, Please post these recipes if you would

There was also a spaghetti recipe also that had roasted red peppers,
chopped olives, garlic that was browned, this one too if you would
please be so kind!

We saw the episode but it appears too be last years so we couldn't get
the recipes from her web site.

Thank you Kindly!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Piedmont" wrote

Thank you so much!, that was extremely kind of you to post these recipes!

You're welcome, I just hope those were the recipes you were
looking for.

nancy

Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Thank you so much!, that was extremely kind of you to post these recipes!

You're welcome, I just hope those were the recipes you were
looking for.

nancy

Yes they were, thanks again!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 07:20:45 -0600, Piedmont wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:
"Piedmont" wrote

Thank you so much!, that was extremely kind of you to post these recipes!

You're welcome, I just hope those were the recipes you were
looking for.

nancy

Yes they were, thanks again!

I missed this thread completely.... where did the recipes come from?
Public Television isn't very generous in that respect.

--
See return address to reply by email