richard gams

Default Lidia's Italian

Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish
of chunked peppers, zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know
the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps might have a recipe.

Thanks.

Richard
Janet

Check out ciaoitalia.com.

Janet

"richard gams" > wrote in message
om...
> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish
> of chunked peppers, zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know
> the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

anna maria

richard gams wrote:
> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish
> of chunked peppers, zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know
> the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of
meat (generally chicken) cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a
delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post it, but I am
catching a plane today later in the afternoon.

Ciao,

Anna Maria

http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

Nancy Young

richard gams wrote:

> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish
> of chunked peppers, zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know
> the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

One of her shows just came on, and at the bottom of the screen it
said For further information, contact lidiasitaly.com.

You can try there.

nancy

richard gams

anna maria > wrote in message >. ..
> richard gams wrote:
> > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish
> > of chunked peppers, zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know
> > the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps might have a recipe.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Richard

> I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of
> meat (generally chicken) cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a
> delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post it, but I am
> catching a plane today later in the afternoon.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Anna Maria
>

> http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef
tenderloin mixed with chunky braised onions, peppers, zucchini (and
maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but all mixed
together in a serving bowl.

Richard
Vilco [out]

richard gams wrote:

> Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised
> beef
> tenderloin mixed with chunky braised onions, peppers,
> zucchini (and
> maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
> all mixed
> together in a serving bowl.

So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa
if you prefer.
Peperonata in the center-north of Italy is usually
made without meat, just peppers and some other
vegetables, like zucchini, maybe potatoes...

Vilco

richard gams

"Vilco [out]" > wrote in message >...
> richard gams wrote:
>
> > Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised
> > beef
> > tenderloin mixed with chunky braised onions, peppers,
> > zucchini (and
> > maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
> > all mixed
> > together in a serving bowl.

> So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa
> if you prefer.
> Peperonata in the center-north of Italy is usually
> made without meat, just peppers and some other
> vegetables, like zucchini, maybe potatoes...
>
> Vilco

Thanks

Richard