Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christmas menu...

I plan to make whipped butternut squash for christmas instead of mashed
yams.....

I'll just add butter and pepper, and let the guests add how ever much
salt they might want.

That will go with roast duckling (halved) and a mix of steamed baby
artichokes, baby carrots and probably some other mini-veggies, whatever
central market has on hand. They usually have teensy little summer
squashes too. I'll probably add whole pearl onions to the mix. Should be
a nice presentation. I'll dress them with olive oil and salt free lemon
pepper.

Steamed asparagus separately with a cheese sauce in a container so it'll
be optional.

Not sure whether to make gravy or not. There is really nothing that
warrants it, but it could be good with the meat. I may do some sort of
wine sauce instead. I have plenty of frozen stock on hand at the moment.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> Not sure whether to make gravy or not. There is really nothing that
> warrants it, but it could be good with the meat. I may do some sort of
> wine sauce instead. I have plenty of frozen stock on hand at the
> moment.

Maybe, since you're serving duckling, make a citrus-type sauce? That might
be an option.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > Not sure whether to make gravy or not. There is really nothing that
> > warrants it, but it could be good with the meat. I may do some sort of
> > wine sauce instead. I have plenty of frozen stock on hand at the
> > moment.

> Maybe, since you're serving duckling, make a citrus-type sauce? That might
> be an option.
>
> kili
> --
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Orange sauce is a standard for duck (in fact, a lot of ducklings come
with an orange glaze packet), but I don't like it.

Thanks anyway luv! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Christmas menu? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 519 21-12-2014 12:46 AM
Do you have a Christmas Menu? Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 249 29-12-2011 09:15 PM
our christmas menu Storrmmee Barbecue 2 25-12-2011 09:55 AM
Got our Christmas menu Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 9 21-12-2010 09:04 AM
What is your Christmas morning menu? mom0f4boys General Cooking 60 26-12-2006 07:15 PM