Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What is your Christmas morning menu?

I need some new ideas......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

We are having Little Smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, biscuits with
crumbled bacon and cheese mixed in, assorted sweet rolls and, assorted
bagels with assorted cream cheese, creamed chipped beef on toast,
assorted fruit, coffee, OJ, maybe Wassail. We eat this while opening
gifts.
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm really lucky. . .We usually have Christmas morning at my daughter's
house. Traditionally, there is a spiral cut ham, some muffins of one
kind or another. There is often a caserole brought by a family member,
which has hashbrowns, eggs, chopped onion, bellpeppers, cheese in it.

I like to slice several apples. In a large skillet, I melt butter,
with brown sugar, and cinnamon.

I add a few craisins, and chopped walnuts to the apple slices. And
throw them into the skillet and stir fry.

I'm also partial to having hot spiced cider that morning too!

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Our Christmas brunch is always Eggs Benedict - my DH's hands down
favorite. Definite guilty pleasure, but heck - it's only once a year.

Nancy T

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys said...

> I need some new ideas......

The Christmas breakfast standard of waffles (store-bought frozen) with
strawberries (frozen, sliced) and vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate
syrup with a cup of de-caf coffee with a drip or two of Bailey's Irish Cream.
Kids get hot cocoa. Easily the best breakfast of the year, quick and easy to
make and SO good for you!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Grilled ham & cheese sammiches

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> mom0f4boys wrote:
> > I need some new ideas......

> Grilled ham & cheese sammiches

Tradition here is a large breakfast because we will eat later in the
day skipping lunch:

Bacon
Eggs, cooked to order (Only on holidays)
Sausage
Hashbrowns
Pancakes
Cinnamon rolls
OJ
Tea
And mayube a breakfast casserole of some type
Happy Holidays, Jan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Our spread usually consisits of:

bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon/lox
orange-cranberry muffins
fresh tangerines
OJ
coffee

served as a buffet in the living room while we open gifts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Normally I'd make sausage and monkeybread. We won't be home this year,
so I have no idea what MIL will do. They don't seem to have the need to
eat like we do. They're able to subsist on hot pockets and sweet and low.

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

My husband will probably make himself a pot of grits, 3 fried eggs and
chorizo. I don't do breakfast, sorry.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> I need some new ideas......

> Grilled ham & cheese sammiches

What time? <g>

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ntantiques" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> I need some new ideas......

> Our Christmas brunch is always Eggs Benedict - my DH's hands down
> favorite. Definite guilty pleasure, but heck - it's only once a year.
>
> Nancy T

Us too. With freshly squeezed orange juice & champagne. We also have this
at Easter.

elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"mom0f4boys" > wrote:

> I need some new ideas......

Mom used to make corn waffles.

She made Eggs Benedict for New Years breakfast every year.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote

> I need some new ideas......

Nothing until friggin' twelve o'clock.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:

> I need some new ideas......

We always have a coffee cake using the recipe from the Better
Homes and Gardens children's cook book. My son loves it. We
usually have scrambled eggs, side bacon and back bacon. This year
my mother is coming up for brunch and she loves waffles, so I
will make some for her. I don't want to get to carried away with
brunch because we have to cook a turkey for dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:

> I need some new ideas......

I always make a strata or oven baked french toast (both can be prepped
ahead of time and baked without my attention or fuss and will serve
everyone at the same time. I don't want to bother with cooking waffles
or eggs to order. Add some oven baked bacon and something with fruit and
we're all set.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"mom0f4boys" > wrote:

> I need some new ideas......

Coffee. Maybe toast.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -
12/13, Gerri's tree
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Jeeze... reading all these posts I'd bet yer all fulla it... my holiday
breakfasts are no different from any other breakfast, big pot of strong
coffee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> "mom0f4boys" wrote:
>
> > I need some new ideas......

> Coffee. Maybe toast.

Soul mate!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> I need some new ideas......

> Jeeze... reading all these posts I'd bet yer all fulla it... my holiday
> breakfasts are no different from any other breakfast, big pot of strong
> coffee.

Actually I misread this post. I was thinking Boxing Day - yea, coffee
sounds about right!

elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 Dec 2006 20:51:01 -0800, "mom0f4boys" > wrote:

>I need some new ideas......

Champagne and orange juice, then a nice frittata.

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> mom0f4boys wrote:
>>> I need some new ideas......

>> Grilled ham & cheese sammiches

> What time? <g>
>
> kili

10:30, gonna be here? <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> mom0f4boys wrote:
>> I need some new ideas......

> Jeeze... reading all these posts I'd bet yer all fulla it... my holiday
> breakfasts are no different from any other breakfast, big pot of strong
> coffee.

And bits of the hors d'oeuvres, ham, turkey as you prepare them and lay them
out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Grilled ham & cheese sammiches

>> What time? <g>
>>
>> kili

> 10:30, gonna be here? <G>

I've got nothing better to do! :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"mom0f4boys" > wrote:
>I need some new ideas......

Breakfast pizza with sausage, green pepper, onion and mushrooms.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:29:09 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>mom0f4boys said...
>
>> I need some new ideas......

>The Christmas breakfast standard of waffles (store-bought frozen) with
>strawberries (frozen, sliced) and vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate
>syrup with a cup of de-caf coffee with a drip or two of Bailey's Irish Cream.
>Kids get hot cocoa. Easily the best breakfast of the year, quick and easy to
>make and SO good for you!

I'm coming to YOUR house for Xmas morning!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:17:32 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
> "mom0f4boys" > wrote:
>
>> I need some new ideas......

>Coffee. Maybe toast.

And ibuprofen!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

During present opening we'll have Poinsettias champagne cocktails, OJ
and coffee while we munch cranberry bread and pumpkin bread. After the
gifts are opened, we'll have bread pudding french toast (make-ahead
recipe), shirred eggs in bacon cups, fresh fruit salas, and all the
Christmas cookies you want.

I love planning the breakfast every year! I hope this helps

Kris

mom0f4boys wrote:
> I need some new ideas......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:56:06 -0500, "elaine" >
wrote:

>"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> mom0f4boys wrote:
>>> I need some new ideas......

>> Jeeze... reading all these posts I'd bet yer all fulla it... my holiday
>> breakfasts are no different from any other breakfast, big pot of strong
>> coffee.

>Actually I misread this post. I was thinking Boxing Day - yea, coffee
>sounds about right!

I like that cinnamon roll idea someone mentioned. Don't know if I'll
have the time or energy for it because we do a big dinner on xmas eve.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:

> Dutch Pancake - pineapple filling
> Li'l Smokies
> Christmas Crunch cereal

Hmm.... I'm going to be on vacation from December 26 to January 5, and my
lovely girlfriend will be with me. I think I'll try making that Dutch
Pancake with pineapple filling one of those lazy mornings.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22 Dec 2006 17:29:31 -0800, "Kris" > wrote:

>we'll have bread pudding french toast (make-ahead
>recipe),

sounds interesting, recipe please?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23 Dec 2006 00:23:02 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>l, not -l wrote:
>
>> Dutch Pancake - pineapple filling
>> Li'l Smokies
>> Christmas Crunch cereal

>Hmm.... I'm going to be on vacation from December 26 to January 5, and my
>lovely girlfriend will be with me. I think I'll try making that Dutch
>Pancake with pineapple filling one of those lazy mornings.

another good idea! I don't know why I never think of those things on
my own. they are sooo easy!

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:29:09 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> >mom0f4boys said...
> >
> >> I need some new ideas......

> >The Christmas breakfast standard of waffles (store-bought frozen) with
> >strawberries (frozen, sliced) and vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate
> >syrup with a cup of de-caf coffee with a drip or two of Bailey's Irish Cream.
> >Kids get hot cocoa. Easily the best breakfast of the year, quick and easy to
> >make and SO good for you!

> I'm coming to YOUR house for Xmas morning!
>
> TammyM

Hey Andy -- play your cards right, and it's tamales for lunch!

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23 Dec 2006 12:07:56 -0800, "kuvasz guy" > wrote:

>TammyM wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:29:09 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>> >mom0f4boys said...

>> >The Christmas breakfast standard of waffles (store-bought frozen) with
>> >strawberries (frozen, sliced) and vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate
>> >syrup with a cup of de-caf coffee with a drip or two of Bailey's Irish Cream.
>> >Kids get hot cocoa. Easily the best breakfast of the year, quick and easy to
>> >make and SO good for you!

>> I'm coming to YOUR house for Xmas morning!
>>
>> TammyM

>Hey Andy -- play your cards right, and it's tamales for lunch!

You got that right! I did indeed find my FRESH masa right down the
street, for heaven's sake. Not at the little mercadito but at the
mercado (La Superior, for my fellow Sacramentans). I'm going to make
pork tamales with manchamantel sauce to go with, if the other diners
prefer, or au naturel - their choice. Yum yum yum!!!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kuvasz guy said...

> TammyM wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:29:09 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>> >mom0f4boys said...

>> >The Christmas breakfast standard of waffles (store-bought frozen) with
>> >strawberries (frozen, sliced) and vanilla ice cream covered in
>> >chocolate syrup with a cup of de-caf coffee with a drip or two of
>> >Bailey's Irish Cream. Kids get hot cocoa. Easily the best breakfast of
>> >the year, quick and easy to make and SO good for you!

>> I'm coming to YOUR house for Xmas morning!
>>
>> TammyM

> Hey Andy -- play your cards right, and it's tamales for lunch!
>
> ..fred

fred,

I'd rather just bet on Kate. No telling how many ways mine could ruin
lunch.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> On 23 Dec 2006 12:07:56 -0800, "kuvasz guy" > wrote:
>

>>TammyM wrote:

>>> I'm coming to YOUR house for Xmas morning!
>>>
>>> TammyM

>>Hey Andy -- play your cards right, and it's tamales for lunch!

> You got that right! I did indeed find my FRESH masa right down the
> street, for heaven's sake. Not at the little mercadito but at the
> mercado (La Superior, for my fellow Sacramentans). I'm going to make
> pork tamales with manchamantel sauce to go with, if the other diners
> prefer, or au naturel - their choice. Yum yum yum!!!
>
> TammyM

TammyM,

But... but... I had you marked down for waffles with strawberries and
vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup!!! Not to mention the coffee and
Bailey's Irish Cream! ((

You've been listenin' to my evil twin!!! None of it's twew!

Andy
Country Mouse
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:42:44 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>TammyM said...

>>>Hey Andy -- play your cards right, and it's tamales for lunch!

>> You got that right! I did indeed find my FRESH masa right down the
>> street, for heaven's sake. Not at the little mercadito but at the
>> mercado (La Superior, for my fellow Sacramentans). I'm going to make
>> pork tamales with manchamantel sauce to go with, if the other diners
>> prefer, or au naturel - their choice. Yum yum yum!!!
>>
>> TammyM

>TammyM,
>
>But... but... I had you marked down for waffles with strawberries and
>vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup!!! Not to mention the coffee and
>Bailey's Irish Cream! ((
>
>You've been listenin' to my evil twin!!! None of it's twew!
>
>Andy
>Country Mouse

Listen, Country Mouse. I'll take all of the above. And my tamales
with MM sauce for lunner (lunch/dinner). Heck, Andy, I'll even *make*
the waffles, none of this frozen crap for you, my good man ;-)

TammyM