Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Got our Christmas menu

My mom is making turkey, ham, deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Of course
there will be plenty of raw vegetables. There always are. And olives. But
never enough of those.

I will be making those Persian chickpea flour cookies that Wendy posted the
recipe for, some no bake oatmeal snowballs, peppermint bark (need to use up
the bloomed chocolate in my cupboard) and also cranberry salad. Brother and
SIL are also bringing desserts. Most likely pie.

If I ever find Marsala wine (tried two stores and couldn't find it) I will
be making chicken Marsala for Christmas day dinner. Angela begged me to
look in a cookbook of only chicken recipes the other day. Of course she was
allergic to pretty much everything in there. I just went through the
recipes I have stored on my computer and organized them. It's either that
or Chicken Diane but it has Dijon mustard in it. I really hate mustard.
But I guess if I can't find the Marsala I will get the mustard and also
green onions. I don't have a dessert planned for Christmas day. I picked
up some Little Debbie cakes for my husband. And I am hoping there will be
cookies left.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> My mom is making turkey, ham, deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Of course
> there will be plenty of raw vegetables. There always are. And olives.
> But never enough of those.
>
> I will be making those Persian chickpea flour cookies that Wendy posted
> the recipe for, some no bake oatmeal snowballs, peppermint bark (need to
> use up the bloomed chocolate in my cupboard) and also cranberry salad.
> Brother and SIL are also bringing desserts. Most likely pie.
>
> If I ever find Marsala wine (tried two stores and couldn't find it) I will
> be making chicken Marsala for Christmas day dinner. Angela begged me to
> look in a cookbook of only chicken recipes the other day. Of course she
> was allergic to pretty much everything in there. I just went through the
> recipes I have stored on my computer and organized them. It's either that
> or Chicken Diane but it has Dijon mustard in it. I really hate mustard.
> But I guess if I can't find the Marsala I will get the mustard and also
> green onions. I don't have a dessert planned for Christmas day. I picked
> up some Little Debbie cakes for my husband. And I am hoping there will be
> cookies left.

Sooo... Change of plans. Will be making lemon chicken instead. I also
found a recipe for Chicken Piccata that sounded good but it called for white
wine. Angela had gone all Carrie Nation on me and has threatened to throw
the chicken out if I use any wine in the recipe. *sigh*

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> My mom is making turkey, ham, deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Of
> course there will be plenty of raw vegetables. There always are. And
> olives. But never enough of those.
>
> I will be making those Persian chickpea flour cookies that Wendy
> posted the recipe for, some no bake oatmeal snowballs, peppermint bark
> (need to use up the bloomed chocolate in my cupboard) and also
> cranberry salad. Brother and SIL are also bringing desserts. Most
> likely pie.
>
> If I ever find Marsala wine (tried two stores and couldn't find it) I
> will be making chicken Marsala for Christmas day dinner.

Buy a cheap Port.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> Sooo... Change of plans. Will be making lemon chicken instead. I
> also found a recipe for Chicken Piccata that sounded good but it
> called for white wine. Angela had gone all Carrie Nation on me and
> has threatened to throw the chicken out if I use any wine in the
> recipe. *sigh*

Tell her that the alcohol cooks out very rapidly.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> My mom is making turkey, ham, deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Of
>> course there will be plenty of raw vegetables. There always are. And
>> olives. But never enough of those.
>>
>> I will be making those Persian chickpea flour cookies that Wendy posted
>> the recipe for, some no bake oatmeal snowballs, peppermint bark (need to
>> use up the bloomed chocolate in my cupboard) and also cranberry salad.
>> Brother and SIL are also bringing desserts. Most likely pie.
>>
>> If I ever find Marsala wine (tried two stores and couldn't find it) I
>> will be making chicken Marsala for Christmas day dinner.

> Buy a cheap Port.

Long story short, Angela is refusing to eat any food with liquor in it. So
I will be making lemon chicken instead.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> Sooo... Change of plans. Will be making lemon chicken instead. I
>> also found a recipe for Chicken Piccata that sounded good but it
>> called for white wine. Angela had gone all Carrie Nation on me and
>> has threatened to throw the chicken out if I use any wine in the
>> recipe. *sigh*

> Tell her that the alcohol cooks out very rapidly.

She doesn't care. She still won't eat it. My brother was and is the same
way. He did however eat my brandy laced fruitcake. He just didn't know it
had liquor in it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/20/2010 10:47 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>>

>> "Julie > wrote in message
>>> My mom is making turkey, ham, deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Of
>>> course there will be plenty of raw vegetables. There always are. And
>>> olives. But never enough of those.
>>>
>>> I will be making those Persian chickpea flour cookies that Wendy posted
>>> the recipe for, some no bake oatmeal snowballs, peppermint bark (need to
>>> use up the bloomed chocolate in my cupboard) and also cranberry salad.
>>> Brother and SIL are also bringing desserts. Most likely pie.
>>>
>>> If I ever find Marsala wine (tried two stores and couldn't find it) I
>>> will be making chicken Marsala for Christmas day dinner.

>> Buy a cheap Port.

> Long story short, Angela is refusing to eat any food with liquor in it. So
> I will be making lemon chicken instead.

did you tell her the alcohol 'burns off' in the cooking process, she
isn't eating alcohol laden food, but FLAVOURED food?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/20/2010 10:48 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Sooo... Change of plans. Will be making lemon chicken instead. I
>>> also found a recipe for Chicken Piccata that sounded good but it
>>> called for white wine. Angela had gone all Carrie Nation on me and
>>> has threatened to throw the chicken out if I use any wine in the
>>> recipe. *sigh*

>> Tell her that the alcohol cooks out very rapidly.

> She doesn't care. She still won't eat it. My brother was and is the same
> way. He did however eat my brandy laced fruitcake. He just didn't know it
> had liquor in it.

forget my last reply

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/20/2010 10:47 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Buy a cheap Port.

>> Long story short, Angela is refusing to eat any food with liquor in it.
>> So
>> I will be making lemon chicken instead.
>>

> did you tell her the alcohol 'burns off' in the cooking process, she isn't
> eating alcohol laden food, but FLAVOURED food?

She knows that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/20/2010 10:48 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Tell her that the alcohol cooks out very rapidly.

>> She doesn't care. She still won't eat it. My brother was and is the
>> same
>> way. He did however eat my brandy laced fruitcake. He just didn't know
>> it
>> had liquor in it.
>>

> forget my last reply

Dammit. I can't! I already saw it and now it is stuck in my brain!

Christmas menu? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 519 21-12-2014 12:46 AM
Do you have a Christmas Menu? Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 249 29-12-2011 09:15 PM
our christmas menu Storrmmee Barbecue 2 25-12-2011 09:55 AM
What is your Christmas morning menu? mom0f4boys General Cooking 60 26-12-2006 07:15 PM
Christmas menu... Omelet General Cooking 2 16-12-2006 12:08 AM