Old 09-11-2006, 04:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pumpkin Martini

Well, that's what the recipe book called it. Not regulation, but after a
few of my own tweaks it was very good. I don't normally like anything on
the rim of my glass, but a friend I had over insisted. I was glad she did
as I really enjoyed it.

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake ingredients
all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

Lynne

Old 09-11-2006, 05:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-09, King's Crown wrote:

...vanilla vodka
...half and half
...pumpkin pie spice
...brown sugar
...canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim.

Martini, my ass! I got somethin' brown around the rim for ya'.

nb
Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:

Well, that's what the recipe book called it. Not regulation, but after a
few of my own tweaks it was very good. I don't normally like anything on
the rim of my glass, but a friend I had over insisted. I was glad she did
as I really enjoyed it.

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake ingredients
all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

My gawd. That sounds really disgusting.
The closest it comes to a martini is the glass.
If you have enough of them you may get drunk enough to call it a
Pumpkin Mai Tai.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 08 Nov 2006 11:19:15p, Steve Pope meant to say...

Dave Smith wrote:

King's Crown wrote:

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake

ingredients
all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

My gawd. That sounds really disgusting.
The closest it comes to a martini is the glass.
If you have enough of them you may get drunk enough to call it a
Pumpkin Mai Tai.

Sounds almost as bad as a "Billy Bragg" -- a vodka martini
made with a squirt of Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and garnished with an
edamame pod.

Thinking about it, at least the Billy Bragg isn't sweet.

But not as bad as a "Phillips Screwdriver"... 1 part vodka to 2 parts
Phillips Milk of Magnesia.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(I may not agree with a word you say, but I shall
defend unto my death your right to say it. (Voltaire)

Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 09 Nov 2006 12:08:18a, meant to say...

On 9 Nov 2006 07:47:18 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote:

But not as bad as a "Phillips Screwdriver"... 1 part vodka to 2 parts
Phillips Milk of Magnesia.

Eeeeew! Does that really exist or is it a joke?

Back in the day... It was introduced as a drink to ward off an upset
stomach, then later became a joke. These days it's listsed as a drink of
vodka and Sunny Delight. I'd rather have the Milk of Magnesia. :-)

Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Nov 2006 07:47:18 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote:

But not as bad as a "Phillips Screwdriver"... 1 part vodka to 2 parts
Phillips Milk of Magnesia.

Eeeeew! Does that really exist or is it a joke?

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 09-11-2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-09, King's Crown wrote:

...vanilla vodka
...half and half
...pumpkin pie spice
...brown sugar
...canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim.

Martini, my ass! I got somethin' brown around the rim for ya'.

Wouldn't that be a pile driver; vodka + prune juice.

Sheldon

Old 09-11-2006, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote

Wouldn't that be a pile driver; vodka + prune juice.

(laughing!!) That's hilarious.

nancy

Old 09-11-2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-09, King's Crown wrote:

...vanilla vodka
...half and half
...pumpkin pie spice
...brown sugar
...canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim.

Martini, my ass! I got somethin' brown around the rim for ya'.

LOLOL Tea all over the monitor...

Pastorio

Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
"King's Crown"
:

Well, that's what the recipe book called it. Not regulation, but
after a few of my own tweaks it was very good. I don't normally like
anything on the rim of my glass, but a friend I had over insisted. I
was glad she did as I really enjoyed it.

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake
ingredients all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

Lynne

Lynne, I am not a martini purist by any stretch of the imagination. First
of all, I don't like gin (got way sick on it in college ;(, which is the
purist's choice for a "regulation" martini. I use vodka in my martinis.
I have tasted many sweet vodka martinis, out of curiosity. Didn't care
for
any of them. I have to say, the recipe you posted sounds revolting to me
but people that like the sweet flavored vodkas may like it. Personally I
like my martinis with unflavored vodka and a splash of olive juice. The
only flavored vodka I like for vodka martinis is Peppar.

Michael
--

The sweeter the better for me. Although this vodka straight out of the
bottle tasted worse than vanilla extract. I probably won't be getting it

Lynne

Old 09-11-2006, 04:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:

Well, that's what the recipe book called it. Not regulation, but after a
few of my own tweaks it was very good. I don't normally like anything on
the rim of my glass, but a friend I had over insisted. I was glad she did
as I really enjoyed it.

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake ingredients
all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

Lynne

Hmmm? Did we fast forward to April 1 while I was asleep
last night?

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:55:55 GMT, jay wrote:

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:59:15 -0800, King's Crown wrote:

unusualmartini

Lynne

I tried another unusual martini yesterday. It is cucumber infused and the
best gin martini I EVER had. Sometimes what sounds weird *is* and sometimes
we can be pleasantly surprised.

I prefer a Cajun Martini. Put a couple of jalapenos in your bottle of
gin, let age, and then make a martini.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:24:26 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
wrote:

Lynne, I am not a martini purist by any stretch of the imagination. First
of all, I don't like gin (got way sick on it in college ;(, which is the
purist's choice for a "regulation" martini. I use vodka in my martinis.
I have tasted many sweet vodka martinis, out of curiosity. Didn't care for
any of them. I have to say, the recipe you posted sounds revolting to me
but people that like the sweet flavored vodkas may like it. Personally I
like my martinis with unflavored vodka and a splash of olive juice. The
only flavored vodka I like for vodka martinis is Peppar.

Hmmmmmm, pepper vodka? That actually sounds nice, and I'm not a
flavored vodka person either. Will have to give that a try, sounds
good for a bloody mary too.

TammyM
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:
Well, that's what the recipe book called it. Not regulation, but after a
few of my own tweaks it was very good. I don't normally like anything on
the rim of my glass, but a friend I had over insisted. I was glad she did
as I really enjoyed it.

1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
3 ounces of half and half
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T brown sugar
1 ounce canned pumpkin

Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake ingredients
all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

Lynne

Wow, No offense intended, but that sounds just AWFUL.

gloria p