Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pumpkin Martini

Oh pshaw, on Wed 08 Nov 2006 11:19:15p, Steve Pope meant to say...

> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>>King's Crown wrote:

>>> 1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
>>> 3 ounces of half and half
>>> 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
>>> 1 T brown sugar
>>> 1 ounce canned pumpkin

>>> Prepare Martini glass with brown sugar around the rim. Shake

ingredients
>>> all together with a few ice cubes and then strain.

>>My gawd. That sounds really disgusting.
>>The closest it comes to a martini is the glass.
>>If you have enough of them you may get drunk enough to call it a
>>Pumpkin Mai Tai.

> Sounds almost as bad as a "Billy Bragg" -- a vodka martini
> made with a squirt of Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and garnished with an
> edamame pod.
>
> Thinking about it, at least the Billy Bragg isn't sweet.

But not as bad as a "Phillips Screwdriver"... 1 part vodka to 2 parts
Phillips Milk of Magnesia.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(I may not agree with a word you say, but I shall
defend unto my death your right to say it. (Voltaire)