Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra Lee's PBJ Martini

OMG. I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
end of S.L's show. She was making PB&J "Martinis". Umm, yeah. Ugh.

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.

How can people watch this stuff

gloria p

Old 12-01-2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 3:37*pm, Gloria P wrote:
OMG. *I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
end of S.L's show. *She was making PB&J "Martinis". *Umm, yeah. *Ugh.

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.

How can people watch this stuff

gloria p

Why Gloria! It's one of the best comedy shows on tv these days!
Sandra really is a twit, no doubt about it, certifiable.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-01-12, Gloria P wrote:

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

How can people watch this stuff

The whole "martini" thing has spiraled way out of control. It's only a
matter of time before someone just craps in a cone shaped glass, pours
whiskey over it, and calls it a Howdy-Doody martini.

nb
Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 3:55*pm, notbob wrote:

The whole "martini" thing has spiraled way out of control. *It's only a
matter of time before someone just craps in a cone shaped glass, pours
whiskey over it, and calls it a Howdy-Doody martini.

nb

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Go to your room.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" wrote in message
OMG. I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
end of S.L's show. She was making PB&J "Martinis". Umm, yeah. Ugh.

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.

How can people watch this stuff

gloria p

I understand 6 Russians watching the show have slit their wrists.

Dimitri

Old 13-01-2009, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-01-12, Gloria P wrote:

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

How can people watch this stuff

The whole "martini" thing has spiraled way out of control. It's only
a matter of time before someone just craps in a cone shaped glass,
pours whiskey over it, and calls it a Howdy-Doody martini.

nb

I think that would be The Aristocrats Martini.

Old 13-01-2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-01-12, Janet wrote:

I think that would be The Aristocrats Martini.

yeah yeah....

nb

Old 13-01-2009, 02:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" wrote in message
OMG. I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
end of S.L's show. She was making PB&J "Martinis". Umm, yeah. Ugh.

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.

How can people watch this stuff

Sandra Lee has become to cooks what Wal Mart became to shoppers. I simply
cannot watch her show or her positively hideous recipes.

That said I am a purist when it come to the martini. A martini is made with
gin and dry vermouth. Sometimes vodka replaces the gin which is acceptable.
That's it. Anything else is NOT a martini. A martini has NO mixers, and
even if it is just garnished with something other than an olive it is not
called a martini. I don't even care if it tastes good. It is not a
martini.

If you want a perfect martini here is how to do it

fill a tumbler to the top with whole ice, NOT crushed (the ice must be from
filtered water)
pour in 1 ounce of dry white vermouth being sure to slosh it over the ice
pour out the vermouth
pour in 4 ounces of your best dry gin which has been pre-chilled
stir with a non-metallic spoon, do not shake - James Bond was wrong
immediately pour into 2 large martini glasses
add 2 green olives - pimento optional

That is a perfect dry martini.

Paul

Old 13-01-2009, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 12 Jan 2009 02:37:32p, Gloria P told us...

OMG. I just wandered through afternoon TV channels and came across the
end of S.L's show. She was making PB&J "Martinis". Umm, yeah. Ugh.

Raspberry vodka
Hazelnut "li-KOOR"
red grape juice
and a canned peach slice in each glass.

For kitchen decor and "tablescape" it was a pink-and-green day.

How can people watch this stuff

gloria p

Gross! But then, most of her "creations" are.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/12(XII)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6dys 5hrs 46mins
Never go up against a Sicilian when death's on the line!

Old 13-01-2009, 03:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

If you want a perfect martini here is how to do it

fill a tumbler to the top with whole ice, NOT crushed (the ice must be from
filtered water)
pour in 1 ounce of dry white vermouth being sure to slosh it over the ice
pour out the vermouth
pour in 4 ounces of your best dry gin which has been pre-chilled
stir with a non-metallic spoon, do not shake - James Bond was wrong
immediately pour into 2 large martini glasses
add 2 green olives - pimento optional

That is a perfect dry martini.

Thanks, but I'd rather have gin & tonic.

gloria p
Old 13-01-2009, 03:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 12 Jan 2009 06:02:57p, Paul M. Cook told us...

"Gloria P" wrote in message
[...]

Paul, I know what you mean, although I prefer a 5:1 ratio. However the
recipe for a true "Perfect Martini" by that name contains equal amounts of
both dry and sweet vermouth. This was a classic at one time.

Perfect Martini

2 oz gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
green olives or lemon twist for garnish

Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes.
Stir well.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with the olive or lemon twist.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/12(XII)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6dys 4hrs 45mins
Look out, you're gonna craaash.

Old 13-01-2009, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 12 Jan 2009 07:07:27p, Gloria P told us...

Paul M. Cook wrote:

If you want a perfect martini here is how to do it

fill a tumbler to the top with whole ice, NOT crushed (the ice must be
from filtered water)
pour in 1 ounce of dry white vermouth being sure to slosh it over the
ice pour out the vermouth
pour in 4 ounces of your best dry gin which has been pre-chilled
stir with a non-metallic spoon, do not shake - James Bond was wrong
immediately pour into 2 large martini glasses
add 2 green olives - pimento optional

That is a perfect dry martini.

Thanks, but I'd rather have gin & tonic.

gloria p

I like both, but rarely have either. I now reserve a martini or two for a
celebratory dinner. I have to admit that a good gin & tonic with a wedge
of lime is really refreshing in the heat of the summer.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/12(XII)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6dys 4hrs 42mins
Nothing quite like the feel of something new...

Old 13-01-2009, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

5.247...

"Gloria P" wrote in message
[...]

OK, Wayne. Put on the gloves, step outside. Let's settle this now before
it gets into a fully protracted war.

My recipe actually is heavy on the vermouth. The truest dry martini is when
you pour the gin into the glass and whisper "vermouth" into it. The
alternate method is to show the bottle to the glass before serving.

Paul

Perfect(ly awful) Martini

2 oz gin
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
green olives or lemon twist for garnish

Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes.
Stir well.

Blech. Sweet vermouth in a martini? Add some bourbon and just call it a
manhattan. Yuck.

Paul

Old 13-01-2009, 04:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" wrote in message
[...]

That's the only martini that I've tried that I actually like (but I mix
it 4:1:1 or 5:1:1 instead of 2:1/2:1/2). Use good gin, but not great
gin. (Booth's or Seagram's is about right)

Bob

Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee: Sandra's Halloween Wonderland Ubiquitous General Cooking 0 05-10-2016 10:43 AM
Sandra Lee of 'Sandra Lee Celebrates: Winter Wonderland Party' Ubiquitous General Cooking 1 26-12-2009 02:55 PM
FA: The Martini Book Shane General 0 23-04-2005 01:00 PM
The Modern Martini LoudObnoxiousThemeShirts General 0 20-01-2005 07:13 PM
martini question dan General 0 17-01-2005 10:07 PM