Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another RFC website survey (OT) ...just for laughs

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...
> --

You're either really bored, or you have a gift for meaningless
trivia...... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> I answer YES to every question (though I didn't fill out the form
> since I don't get frequent flyer miles). It's my decision to
> kill-file any posts I don't like, just as most others here also
> use a kill-file.
>
> Nobody who uses a kill-file can honestly criticize my decision
> without being a hypocrite. I'm killing off 96% of the spam I get
> in all the groups to which I subsribe. Anybody who doesn't agree
> with that can't possibly make a logical counter-argument. But
> feel free to try.

"Some people actually thought I was serious?"

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...
>> --

> You're either really bored, or you have a gift for meaningless
> trivia...... -aem

Um, who is bored, aem? Is *your* kill file not working today?

BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
"ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chatty Cathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Nice start. ;-)
Seems I'm up with the majority so far....... <G>

Fun poll, thanks!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chatty Cathy > wrote:

> aem wrote:
> > Chatty Cathy wrote:
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Vote now! (or not)...
> >> --

> > You're either really bored, or you have a gift for meaningless
> > trivia...... -aem
> >

> Um, who is bored, aem? Is *your* kill file not working today?
>
> BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
> "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

<lolol!!!!>

Indeed...

I still have yet to see that poll for Asparagus pee..... <taps food
impatiently>

Nevermind, we were just kidding! %-D

Howabout cheating and using canned biscuit dough for pizza crusts?
It works very well if you have the patience to work it a bit.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:24:03 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>> "Some people actually thought I was serious?"

> You put it up there, so apparently you were serious and followed
> through with it.

Steve,

Did you not see the "just for laughs" in the subject line? I am
surprised. I really thought that you had a good sense of humor. Sorry if
I was mistaken.

However, IMHO, moaning about Google posters on Usenet is like "farting
against thunder". Maybe you should eat more beans?
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> I still have yet to see that poll for Asparagus pee..... <taps food
> impatiently>

Sorry!!! LOL. But... d'ya thunk that "pee" or <shudder> "urine" is
acceptable terminology for our "Unofficial website"?

> Nevermind, we were just kidding! %-D
>
> Howabout cheating and using canned biscuit dough for pizza crusts?
> It works very well if you have the patience to work it a bit.....

<snork> what's "patience"?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:04:45 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)...

I can't. I've killfiled that site.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Sep 2006 10:15:57 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

>Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...
>> --

>You're either really bored, or you have a gift for meaningless
>trivia...... -aem

Or she has a sense of humor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:31:49 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
>> I still have yet to see that poll for Asparagus pee..... <taps food
>> impatiently>

>Sorry!!! LOL. But... d'ya thunk that "pee" or <shudder> "urine" is
>acceptable terminology for our "Unofficial website"?

As long as it remains unofficial, anything should fly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:04:45 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...

> I can't. I've killfiled that site.

ROFLMAO

<Oops - guess I can't moon ya any more, dammit>

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chatty Cathy > wrote:

> > Howabout cheating and using canned biscuit dough for pizza crusts?
> > It works very well if you have the patience to work it a bit.....

> <snork> what's "patience"?
>
> --
> Cheers

That's the idea of using "quick bread" instead of a yeast bread recipe!
<G>

I've actually made my own biscuit dough (quick bread) and used that for
a pre-baked pizza crust.

If I am in a REAL hurry tho', there is a local pizzaria that will bake
me just a crust of the "real stuff" and I can go from there. ;-d
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:04:45 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> > wrote:
>
> >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >
> >Vote now! (or not)...

> I can't. I've killfiled that site.

<cough>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> > aem wrote:

> > > You're either really bored, or you have a gift for meaningless
> > > trivia...... -aem
> > >

> > Um, who is bored, aem? Is *your* kill file not working today?
> >
> > BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
> > "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

> I still have yet to see that poll for Asparagus pee.....

Did you ever taste asparagus pee... your own... others... from other's
pole? hehe

Sheldon Hardwood

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Chatty Cathy >
> :
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...

> What a scream! I'm at the point I'm about kf the entire Google
> domain. I kfd Yahoo and hotmail awhile back. Had to resucciate (sp)
> them. I was missing too many cool posts. I don't think posting from
> Google is necessary. Too many other free News programs out there.
> I'll admit, anything is better than Outlook Express or AOL. I don't
> even think AOL offers newsgroups any longer.
>
> Michael

You're right, AOL doesn't offer newsgroups anymore. I use Outlook Express
and find nothing wrong with it. Of course, I added the OE Quotefix option a
long time ago so it helps. I can't stand having a gazillion (slight
exaggeration!) programs, one for this, one for that. Frankly, I don't care
what people use to post with. I do care when people think this is the place
to post SPAM.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Chatty Cathy wrote:

> BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
> "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from the
Frug. You probably didn't notice because it was about food.

Answers, so far, a

Linguini and Clam Sauce
.... some sort of a greek or italian salad
cranberry-orange relish
stuffed canneloni
beef roast in port with mushrooms
spinach quiche
sauerkraut
pot pie
biscuits, tomato soup, hummus, chinese dumplings...
And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken. As I suspected
there would be when I asked the question, there's a nice variety in the
answers. -aem

brisket

chicken with leeks in cream

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> > Chatty Cathy >
> > :
> >
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Vote now! (or not)...

> > What a scream! I'm at the point I'm about kf the entire Google
> > domain. I kfd Yahoo and hotmail awhile back. Had to resucciate (sp)
> > them. I was missing too many cool posts. I don't think posting from
> > Google is necessary. Too many other free News programs out there.
> > I'll admit, anything is better than Outlook Express or AOL. I don't
> > even think AOL offers newsgroups any longer.
> >
> > Michael

> You're right, AOL doesn't offer newsgroups anymore. I use Outlook Express
> and find nothing wrong with it. Of course, I added the OE Quotefix option a
> long time ago so it helps. I can't stand having a gazillion (slight
> exaggeration!) programs, one for this, one for that. Frankly, I don't care
> what people use to post with. I do care when people think this is the place
> to post SPAM.

There was far more spam posted to rfc years ago, well before there was
google. Volume of spam to a newsgroup has not a whit to do with which
newsreaders or ISPs... only thing that attracts more spam is replying
to it... which means of course that you've been trolled, successfully.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> What a scream! I'm at the point I'm about kf the entire Google domain. I
> kfd Yahoo and hotmail awhile back. Had to resucciate (sp) them. I was
> missing too many cool posts. I don't think posting from Google is
> necessary. [snip]

Of course it's not "necessary," but I've used less convenient
newsreaders. For each topic, Google shows you the title, the number of
unread posts and total posts. the most recent author, and the total
number of authors. This lets you skip a lot of posts easily -- because
the topic is not of interest or the poster is one you don't read or --
and I like this feature -- because the ratio of authors to posts is
skewed. If it says there are 12 posts and 3 authors, for example, you
know it's just a couple of people jabbering at each other and you don't
need to waste time on it. If there are 12 posts and 10 authors then
it's probably something with a diversity of opinion that might be
interesting.

When you do select a topic, Google lets you see them either as a tree
or in chronological order, either of which can be convenient for you
depending on circumstances.

If they would let you filter it would be quite good. As it is, it's
pretty easy to use and has the advantage of being available wherever
there's an internet connection. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

aem wrote:

> Of course it's not "necessary," but I've used less convenient
> newsreaders. For each topic, Google shows you the title, the number of
> unread posts and total posts. the most recent author, and the total
> number of authors. This lets you skip a lot of posts easily -- because
> the topic is not of interest or the poster is one you don't read or --
> and I like this feature -- because the ratio of authors to posts is
> skewed. If it says there are 12 posts and 3 authors, for example, you
> know it's just a couple of people jabbering at each other and you don't
> need to waste time on it. If there are 12 posts and 10 authors then
> it's probably something with a diversity of opinion that might be
> interesting.
>
> When you do select a topic, Google lets you see them either as a tree
> or in chronological order, either of which can be convenient for you
> depending on circumstances.
>
> If they would let you filter it would be quite good. As it is, it's
> pretty easy to use and has the advantage of being available wherever
> there's an internet connection. -aem

That's why I use it. Plus, we don't download programs from the 'net.
If people want to killfile entire domains let 'em. No skin off my
nose. But whining about it first is pretty pussified.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> > BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
> > "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

> I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from the
> Frug. You probably didn't notice because it was about food.
>
> Answers, so far, a
>
> Linguini and Clam Sauce
> ... some sort of a greek or italian salad
> cranberry-orange relish
> stuffed canneloni
> beef roast in port with mushrooms
> spinach quiche
> sauerkraut
> pot pie
> biscuits, tomato soup, hummus, chinese dumplings...
> And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken. As I suspected
> there would be when I asked the question, there's a nice variety in the
> answers. -aem
>

> brisket
>
> chicken with leeks in cream

May I add cioppino to the list?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
>> BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
>> "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

> I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from the
> Frug.

The Frug Lyrics

And I can do the frug
I can do the Robocop
I can do the Freddie
I cannot do the Smurf
And I can hate your girl
I can tell you that she's real pretty
I can take my clothes off
I cannot fall in love

And I can do the frug
I can do the Robocop
I can do the Freddie
I cannot do the Smurf

And I can watch TV
I can shuffle off to Buffalo
I can do a backbend
I will not call you back
And I can start a book
I can make some mac and cheese
I can sleep twelve hours
You'll never see my eyes

Chorus

And I can hate your girl
I can tell you that she's real pretty
I can take my clothes off
I cannot fall in love
You'll never see my eyes
I will not call you back
I cannot do the smurf
I cannot fall in love
I'll never fall in love
I cannot fall in love...

Chorus

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "kilikini" > said:
> "aem" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Chatty Cathy wrote:
> >
> > > BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with some
> > > "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

> > I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from the
> > Frug. You probably didn't notice because it was about food.
> >
> > Answers, so far, a
> >
> > Linguini and Clam Sauce
> > ... some sort of a greek or italian salad
> > cranberry-orange relish
> > stuffed canneloni
> > beef roast in port with mushrooms
> > spinach quiche
> > sauerkraut
> > pot pie
> > biscuits, tomato soup, hummus, chinese dumplings...
> >
> > And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken. As I suspected
> > there would be when I asked the question, there's a nice variety in the
> > answers. -aem
> >

> > brisket
> >
> > chicken with leeks in cream
> >

> May I add cioppino to the list?

And bacon quiche -- I got that from him...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Sep 2006 13:35:09 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

<snip>
>Answers, so far, a
>
>Linguini and Clam Sauce
>... some sort of a greek or italian salad
>cranberry-orange relish
>stuffed canneloni
>beef roast in port with mushrooms
>spinach quiche
>sauerkraut
>pot pie
>biscuits, tomato soup, hummus, chinese dumplings...
>And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken.

Ooooo yes, this is a good one! Have used this method numerous times.
Highly recommended.

And I've also made the beef roast in port with mushrooms. Fab. I'm
beginning to think I've made more than half of the recipes in that
book!

<snip>

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frug's Chinese Poached Chicken (Was Another RFC website survey (OT) ...just for laughs)

One time on Usenet, (TammyM) said:
> On 26 Sep 2006 13:35:09 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

<snip>

> >And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken.

> Ooooo yes, this is a good one! Have used this method numerous times.
> Highly recommended.

I'm a little confused by the directions:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...d_Chicken16393.
shtml

"Fill a 12 quart kettle almost full of water and bring it to a boil.
Place 1 whole chicken, about 3 pounds, in the boiling water. The water
will stop boiling in just a moment or so. Using wooden spoons so that
you do not tear the skin, remove the chicken from the water and place
it on a tray. Cover the pot and bring the water back to a boil. Put
the chicken back into the pot, cover and turn off the heat. Leave the
chicken in the pot and the pot on the burner, but you will need no
more heat. The water will be hot enough to cook the bird. After 1 hour
the chicken is done. Remove and cool and debone it. Some of the
poaching water can be used to cover the meat or use the meat for other
chicken dishes that calls for cooked chicken. "

Why do you take it out, reheat the water, and put it back in? Is
it because the cold chicken takes too much heat out of the water
the first time for it to cook properly in one hour? And what do
you do with the chicken when it's done? Eat it plain? Use it in
recipes? Both? I'll bet it's nice and tender...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> aem wrote:
>>
>> Of course it's not "necessary," but I've used less convenient
>> newsreaders.

(snippage)

>> If they would let you filter it would be quite good. As it is, it's
>> pretty easy to use and has the advantage of being available wherever
>> there's an internet connection. -aem

> That's why I use it. Plus, we don't download programs from the 'net.
> If people want to killfile entire domains let 'em. No skin off my
> nose. But whining about it first is pretty pussified.
>
> -L.

LOL I agree about the announcing the killfile, although I've done it
myself. And I don't download programs from the Internet either. I think
people who do that willy-nilly are just *begging* for problems, especially
if they are doing something like bootlegging games and the like. Same thing
with clicking on links or attachments provided in a newsgroup or in email
from people you don't know.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:08:27 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:04:45 +0200, Chatty Cathy
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>> >
>> >Vote now! (or not)...

>> I can't. I've killfiled that site.

><cough>

Please cover your mouth when you do that. This is flu season.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Little Malice wrote:

> Why do you take it out, reheat the water, and put it back in? Is
> it because the cold chicken takes too much heat out of the water
> the first time for it to cook properly in one hour?

Yes, I believe so.

> And what do
> you do with the chicken when it's done? Eat it plain? Use it in
> recipes? Both? I'll bet it's nice and tender...

Yes, to all. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote

> Little Malice wrote:
>
>> Why do you take it out, reheat the water, and put it back in? Is
>> it because the cold chicken takes too much heat out of the water
>> the first time for it to cook properly in one hour?

> Yes, I believe so.
>
>> And what do
>> you do with the chicken when it's done? Eat it plain? Use it in
>> recipes? Both? I'll bet it's nice and tender...

> Yes, to all. -aem

My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt kettle?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Nancy Young wrote:

> My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt kettle?

Not likely. I use the pasta pot and don't even know how big it is.
You're after enough water to completely cover the whole chicken, and
presumably the larger the volume of water the slower it will cool down.
-aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> aem wrote:
>>
>> Of course it's not "necessary," but I've used less convenient
>> newsreaders. For each topic, Google shows you the title, the number of
>> unread posts and total posts. the most recent author, and the total
>> number of authors. This lets you skip a lot of posts easily -- because
>> the topic is not of interest or the poster is one you don't read or --
>> and I like this feature -- because the ratio of authors to posts is
>> skewed. If it says there are 12 posts and 3 authors, for example, you
>> know it's just a couple of people jabbering at each other and you don't
>> need to waste time on it. If there are 12 posts and 10 authors then
>> it's probably something with a diversity of opinion that might be
>> interesting.
>>
>> When you do select a topic, Google lets you see them either as a tree
>> or in chronological order, either of which can be convenient for you
>> depending on circumstances.
>>
>> If they would let you filter it would be quite good. As it is, it's
>> pretty easy to use and has the advantage of being available wherever
>> there's an internet connection. -aem

> That's why I use it. Plus, we don't download programs from the 'net.
> If people want to killfile entire domains let 'em. No skin off my
> nose. But whining about it first is pretty pussified.

here here!

And we from rpch+b know our pussies!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt
>> kettle?
>>

> Not likely. I use the pasta pot and don't even know how big it is.
> You're after enough water to completely cover the whole chicken, and
> presumably the larger the volume of water the slower it will cool down.

The first time I tried to read the recipe to understand the question, I
got stuck on this line:

"Fill a 12 quart kettle almost full of water and bring it to a boil.
Place 1 whole chicken, about 3 pounds, in the boiling water.

3# chicken in a 12 quart kettle mostly full of water. Wow.
I can't even find a 3# chicken. Forget the pot. Heh, I'd need
one of those pot filler spigots, I couldn't lift that much.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Nancy Young wrote:

> The first time I tried to read the recipe to understand the question, I
> got stuck on this line:
>
> "Fill a 12 quart kettle almost full of water and bring it to a boil.
> Place 1 whole chicken, about 3 pounds, in the boiling water.
>
> 3# chicken in a 12 quart kettle mostly full of water. Wow.
> I can't even find a 3# chicken. Forget the pot. Heh, I'd need
> one of those pot filler spigots, I couldn't lift that much.

There's another version of it that starts with something like: "place
a chicken in a pot large enough to hold it and cover the chicken
completely with cold water, then remove the chicken." Then you bring
the water to a boil, put the chicken back in, etc. The first step is
just to be sure you have enough water to begin with. Presumably, then,
any pot large enough for the chicken and some covering water will do.
Incidentally, if you follow the recipe and discover the chicken less
than fully cooked, the recommendation is to bring the pot back to the
boil, replace the chicken, turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for
another hour. I did it once but it was done in an additional 30
minutes. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 26 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt
> kettle?

yes you are.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> 3# chicken in a 12 quart kettle mostly full of water. Wow.
>> I can't even find a 3# chicken. Forget the pot. Heh, I'd need
>> one of those pot filler spigots, I couldn't lift that much.
>>

> There's another version of it that starts with something like: "place
> a chicken in a pot large enough to hold it and cover the chicken
> completely with cold water, then remove the chicken."

That certainly seems more reasonable. I thought, does the chicken
need that mass of water too cook that way? Not that I will try
this.

> Then you bring
> the water to a boil, put the chicken back in, etc. The first step is
> just to be sure you have enough water to begin with. Presumably, then,
> any pot large enough for the chicken and some covering water will do.
> Incidentally, if you follow the recipe and discover the chicken less
> than fully cooked, the recommendation is to bring the pot back to the
> boil, replace the chicken, turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for
> another hour. I did it once but it was done in an additional 30
> minutes.

(smile) You must have really wanted poached chicken.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 26 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt
>> kettle?

> yes you are.

Heh, you must have a big place to keep that pot!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
>> BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with
>> some "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

> I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from
> the Frug. You probably didn't notice because it was about food.

But asking for recipes isn't the same as a survey.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 26 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote on 26 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking
> >
> >> My question is ... am I the only one here who doesn't have a 12 qt
> >> kettle?

> > yes you are.

> Heh, you must have a big place to keep that pot!
>
> nancy

When not in use, I keep it inside my 22qt electric roaster. Or large
crockpot as I call it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> "aem" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, whenever the mood takes you, you are welcome to come up with
>>> some "ideas" for the surveys. i.e. put up, or shut up....

>> I just did a survey of sorts, asking people's favorite recipes from
>> the Frug. You probably didn't notice because it was about food.
>>
>> Answers, so far, a
>>
>> Linguini and Clam Sauce
>> ... some sort of a greek or italian salad
>> cranberry-orange relish
>> stuffed canneloni
>> beef roast in port with mushrooms
>> spinach quiche
>> sauerkraut
>> pot pie
>> biscuits, tomato soup, hummus, chinese dumplings...
>> And from me, his version of Chinese Poached Chicken. As I suspected
>> there would be when I asked the question, there's a nice variety in
>> the answers. -aem
>>

>> brisket
>>
>> chicken with leeks in cream
>>

> May I add cioppino to the list?
>
> kili

Which Frug cookbook did that come from? I have several but I don't recall
seeing ciopinno. It's been a few years since I flipped through them,
though. Was it in Immigrant Ancestors?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 26 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> Heh, you must have a big place to keep that pot!

> When not in use, I keep it inside my 22qt electric roaster. Or large
> crockpot as I call it.

I didn't know you were a restaurant cook!

nancy