Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Survey on the RFC website: Dishwashers...

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now!

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In ,
Chatty Cathy > typed:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Before anyone starts analyzing the results, Yes, I own one and Yes,
I'd buy one. Mine is dieing and will soon be replaced *because* I
find it to be one of the most useful appliances in the *house*

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Done! I love my dishwasher

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and forks
man, the DW only serves pots and pans, bowls and utensils duty.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and forks
> man,

That is nothing to be bragging about.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and
>> forks man,

> That is nothing to be bragging about.
>
> nancy

nancy,

I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take care
about using too much phosphate and bleach.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Nancy Young said...
>

> > "Andy" <q> wrote
> >
> >> Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and
> >> forks man,

> > That is nothing to be bragging about.
> >
> > nancy

> nancy,
>
> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take care
> about using too much phosphate and bleach.
>
> Andy

I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
really old, improperly sized and already failing.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young said...
>>

>> > "Andy" <q> wrote

>> > That is nothing to be bragging about.
>> >
>> > nancy

>> nancy,
>>
>> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take

care
>> about using too much phosphate and bleach.
>>
>> Andy

> I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
> really old, improperly sized and already failing.
>
> Pete C.

It's never failed yet. It was a new fiberglass tank when we moved in.

I HAVE seen the crystaline crust floating on top of the waste when
they've come to vacuum the tank. It does destroy the working bacteria,
slowing down the process if not kept in check.

Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
field for replacing.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Pete C. said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >>
> >> Nancy Young said...

> >> nancy,
> >>
> >> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take

> care
> >> about using too much phosphate and bleach.
> >>
> >> Andy

> > I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
> > really old, improperly sized and already failing.
> >
> > Pete C.

> It's never failed yet. It was a new fiberglass tank when we moved in.
>
> I HAVE seen the crystaline crust floating on top of the waste when
> they've come to vacuum the tank. It does destroy the working bacteria,
> slowing down the process if not kept in check.
>
> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
> the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
> field for replacing.
>
> Andy

The "crust" floating on the top is supposed to be there. The scum
floats, the sludge settles and the bacteria do their work in the middle.

The detergent and bleach used in normal laundry and dishwashing are in
far too small quantities to have any effect on the bacteria in a 1,500
gal tank. The bacteria are anaerobic so the crust on top doesn't affect
them at all.

There are a number of good septic system reference info sites at various
universities where you can find more info. There was a thread recently
on alt.home.repair.

Pete C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Nancy Young said...
> > "Andy" <q> wrote
> >
> >> Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and
> >> forks man,

> > That is nothing to be bragging about.

> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take care
> about using too much phosphate and bleach.

Maybe you can try a couple spoons of Maalox. or Mylanta

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >
> > Vote now!

> I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!

But I thought you are married.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
> Pete C. said...
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Nancy Young said...

> >> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take
> >> care about using too much phosphate and bleach.

> > I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
> > really old, improperly sized and already failing.

> It's never failed yet. It was a new fiberglass tank when we moved in.
>
> I HAVE seen the crystaline crust floating on top of the waste when
> they've come to vacuum the tank. It does destroy the working bacteria,
> slowing down the process if not kept in check.
>
> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
> the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
> field for replacing.

Have you tried septic tank treatments? This is the brand we use, but
there are lots of them out the

http://www.malibuwater.com/SepticCleaner.html

Some of these products aren't what they claim, so you might want to
check a consumer report before buying anything. But I've been happy
with Tri-Zyme (and no, I have no connection with the company that
makes it, even though it is relatively local)...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> "Chatty Cathy" writes:
>
> I love my dishwasher

And your gardner, and your house boy, and your plumber...

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chatty Cathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Definitely in the minority... but I already knew that. <lol>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
> the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
> field for replacing.

Oh, bull. We have a septic tank too. And for your information, I use my
washing machine on a daily basis. We have had no trouble with the septic
tank... and I sincerely doubt that dish washing detergent would cause
any more problems with the 'bacteria' in a septic tank.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
> > Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> > >
> > > Vote now!

> > I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!

> But I thought you are married.
>
> Sheldon

ROFL!!! Good point Shel'. ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Nancy Young said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote
>>
>>> Since I'm basically a paper plate, plastic cups, knives, spoons and
>>> forks man,

>> That is nothing to be bragging about.
>>
>> nancy

> nancy,
>
> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take care
> about using too much phosphate and bleach.
>
> Andy

Nothing wrong with phosphate but bleach is poison for a septic system.
Ken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Pete C. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>>
>>> Nancy Young said...

>>> nancy,
>>>
>>> I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take

> care
>>> about using too much phosphate and bleach.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
>> really old, improperly sized and already failing.
>>
>> Pete C.

> It's never failed yet. It was a new fiberglass tank when we moved in.
>
> I HAVE seen the crystaline crust floating on top of the waste when
> they've come to vacuum the tank. It does destroy the working bacteria,
> slowing down the process if not kept in check.
>
> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
> the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
> field for replacing.
>
> Andy

The 'crust' on the surface is normal and indicates that all is well in an
anarobic septic system.

Ken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now!

> I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!
>
> kili

Se my reply in the cast iron in the dishwasher thread.

Ken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:04:09 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>

>> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my whites at
>> the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic system and
>> field for replacing.

>Oh, bull. We have a septic tank too. And for your information, I use my
>washing machine on a daily basis. We have had no trouble with the septic
>tank... and I sincerely doubt that dish washing detergent would cause
>any more problems with the 'bacteria' in a septic tank.

I wasn't going to get into this discussion, but I have to add that
using paper plates, etc...fills up a landfill. It is much more
envirionmently sound to wash dishes, even by hand if you have to.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Vote now!

>> I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!

> But I thought you are married.
>
> Sheldon

Yeah, therein lies the problem; I'm married to a food hound. LOL

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> I wasn't going to get into this discussion, but I have to add that
> using paper plates, etc...fills up a landfill. It is much more
> envirionmently sound to wash dishes, even by hand if you have to.

I agree. But I will add this:

http://www.finish.co.uk/faq.shtml#Q44

Is FINISH Gel/tabs/powder safe for my septic tank?

All FINISH products are safe for use in homes with a septic system.

That's the stuff we get here for our dish washers...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice said...

> One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
>> Pete C. said...

>> > I think you underestimate your septic system capacity unless it is
>> > really old, improperly sized and already failing.

>> It's never failed yet. It was a new fiberglass tank when we moved in.
>>
>> I HAVE seen the crystaline crust floating on top of the waste when
>> they've come to vacuum the tank. It does destroy the working
>> bacteria, slowing down the process if not kept in check.
>>
>> Overcautious? Perhaps. It's cheaper to eat on paper and wash my
>> whites at the laundromat with chlorox rather than dig up the ceptic
>> system and field for replacing.

> Have you tried septic tank treatments? This is the brand we use, but
> there are lots of them out the
>
> http://www.malibuwater.com/SepticCleaner.html
>
> Some of these products aren't what they claim, so you might want to
> check a consumer report before buying anything. But I've been happy
> with Tri-Zyme (and no, I have no connection with the company that
> makes it, even though it is relatively local)...

Jani,

Yes, on occasion (quarterly) I add treatment.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ken Davey wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> > Nancy Young said...
> >

> >> "Andy" <q> wrote

> >> That is nothing to be bragging about.
> >>
> >> nancy

> > nancy,
> >
> > I chose that route because I have a ceptic system and have to take care
> > about using too much phosphate and bleach.
> >
> > Andy

> Nothing wrong with phosphate but bleach is poison for a septic system.
> Ken.

Not in normal laundry use quantities. Pour a whole gallon of bleach into
your 1,500 gal septic tank and you'll certainly kill some of the
bacteria and it may take a week or two to recover. Pour a 1/4 cup into
your washing machines dispenser and send the resulting output into the
septic system and the bacteria will laugh at it.

Pete C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:41:21 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>In ,
>Chatty Cathy > typed:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now!
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

>Before anyone starts analyzing the results, Yes, I own one and Yes,
>I'd buy one. Mine is dieing and will soon be replaced *because* I
>find it to be one of the most useful appliances in the *house*

I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I don't
mind washing dishes.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote

> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it.

Mine gets dishes really, really clean 99% of the time, and I never
ever rinse a single one of them first.

Nothing wrong with washing your dishes by hand if you prefer,
just don't do it because dishwashers don't work. They do.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:41:21 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> >In ,
> >Chatty Cathy > typed:
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Vote now!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Chatty Cathy

> >Before anyone starts analyzing the results, Yes, I own one and Yes,
> >I'd buy one. Mine is dieing and will soon be replaced *because* I
> >find it to be one of the most useful appliances in the *house*

> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I don't
> mind washing dishes.
>
> Serene
> --
> "I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.
>
> http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

I expect you haven't had any hands on experience with a dishwasher, or
at least not a recent one of decent quality. They get dishes cleaner
than hand washing and do so while using less water, detergent and energy
than hand washing.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:03:55 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Serene" > wrote
>
>> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
>> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
>> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it.

>Mine gets dishes really, really clean 99% of the time, and I never
>ever rinse a single one of them first.
>
>Nothing wrong with washing your dishes by hand if you prefer,
>just don't do it because dishwashers don't work. They do.

None of the ones I've ever had have managed to get a whole load of
dishes clean, with no food left on, and no soapy schmutz, even the
brand-new one at Guy's house. Clearly, they don't work well enough
for my taste, and when I wash them with my own hands, I can see each
dish and know it's clean enough for me.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:03:55 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

>>Mine gets dishes really, really clean 99% of the time, and I never
>>ever rinse a single one of them first.
>>
>>Nothing wrong with washing your dishes by hand if you prefer,
>>just don't do it because dishwashers don't work. They do.

> None of the ones I've ever had have managed to get a whole load of
> dishes clean, with no food left on, and no soapy schmutz, even the
> brand-new one at Guy's house. Clearly, they don't work well enough
> for my taste, and when I wash them with my own hands, I can see each
> dish and know it's clean enough for me.

Just to say, I am quite fussy. I grew up being the family dishwasher,
under the oh so watchful eye of my stepmother. I don't want you to
think I'm okay with dirty, soapy dishes, myself.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:37:50 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Serene" > wrote
>
>> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:03:55 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
>> wrote:

>>>Mine gets dishes really, really clean 99% of the time, and I never
>>>ever rinse a single one of them first.
>>>
>>>Nothing wrong with washing your dishes by hand if you prefer,
>>>just don't do it because dishwashers don't work. They do.

>> None of the ones I've ever had have managed to get a whole load of
>> dishes clean, with no food left on, and no soapy schmutz, even the
>> brand-new one at Guy's house. Clearly, they don't work well enough
>> for my taste, and when I wash them with my own hands, I can see each
>> dish and know it's clean enough for me.

>Just to say, I am quite fussy. I grew up being the family dishwasher,
>under the oh so watchful eye of my stepmother. I don't want you to
>think I'm okay with dirty, soapy dishes, myself.

Oh, I'm sorry -- I wasn't implying that. Just saying I've had bad
luck with dishwashers. I've tried plenty of them, and none of them
have worked for me. I'm a little envious of people who have had good
luck finding a dishwasher that does a good job. I was sure that would
be the case with the brand-new one Guy got when he remodeled his
kitchen, but no such luck. Oh, well.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > kilikini wrote:

> >> I wish I had a dishwasher other than myself!

> > But I thought you are married.
> >
> > Sheldon

> Yeah, therein lies the problem; I'm married to a food hound. LOL

Time to cut him off.

Btw, I do food shopping, cooking, dishes, and laundry...

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In ,
Serene > typed:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:41:21 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> In ,
>> Chatty Cathy > typed:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Vote now!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Chatty Cathy

>> Before anyone starts analyzing the results, Yes, I own one and Yes,
>> I'd buy one. Mine is dieing and will soon be replaced *because* I
>> find it to be one of the most useful appliances in the *house*

> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before
> they
> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I
> don't
> mind washing dishes.
>
> Serene

What Nancy said. I *DON'T* even pre-rinse before I put the dishes in
the dishwasher. Scrape off any food scraps and/or sauces, yes, but I
don't wash.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young typed:
> "Serene" > wrote
>
>> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they
>> get
>> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before
>> they
>> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it.

> Mine gets dishes really, really clean 99% of the time, and I never
> ever rinse a single one of them first.
>
> nancy

Me too!
;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene typed:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:37:50 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> >
> wrote:
>

>> "Serene" > wrote

>>> None of the ones I've ever had have managed to get a whole load of
>>> dishes clean, with no food left on, and no soapy schmutz, even the
>>> brand-new one at Guy's house. Clearly, they don't work well
>>> enough
>>> for my taste, and when I wash them with my own hands, I can see
>>> each
>>> dish and know it's clean enough for me.

>> Just to say, I am quite fussy. I grew up being the family
>> dishwasher,
>> under the oh so watchful eye of my stepmother. I don't want you to
>> think I'm okay with dirty, soapy dishes, myself.

> Oh, I'm sorry -- I wasn't implying that. Just saying I've had bad
> luck with dishwashers. I've tried plenty of them, and none of them
> have worked for me. I'm a little envious of people who have had good
> luck finding a dishwasher that does a good job. I was sure that
> would
> be the case with the brand-new one Guy got when he remodeled his
> kitchen, but no such luck. Oh, well.

The water temperature has a lot to do with it. Also, if you have
extra hard (or extra soft) water, you have to adjust the diswasher
detergent.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:41:21 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> In ,
>> Chatty Cathy > typed:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Vote now!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Chatty Cathy

>> Before anyone starts analyzing the results, Yes, I own one and Yes,
>> I'd buy one. Mine is dieing and will soon be replaced *because* I
>> find it to be one of the most useful appliances in the *house*

> I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
> the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
> go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I don't
> mind washing dishes.
>
> Serene

On one of my last trips the hotel room had a small kitchen. There was a GE
Profile half-size dishwasher in the room but oddly, no garbage disposal. So
we scraped the plates but they weren't really clean or "rinsed". We figured
what the heck and put them in the dishwasher *the next morning* (talking
dried on by this time). We were utterly amazed; the dishes came out
spotless.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:59:19 -0800, Serene >
wrote:

>I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
>the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
>go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I don't
>mind washing dishes.
>
>Serene

If I didn't know better, I'd say you need a job and you need to cook
more.... but you're just plain "different". I hate washing dishes. I
break more dishes when my dishwasher is on the blink and I have to
hand wash than during the entire time the dishwasher worked. That's a
good enough reason to me to use a dishwasher, but I think it gets
dishes a lot cleaner (and we stay healthier) than I do on my own.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:07:42 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:59:19 -0800, Serene >
>wrote:
>

>>I don't own a dishwasher, and don't want one. I don't think they get
>>the dishes clean enough, and if I'm gonna rinse the dishes before they
>>go in, I may as well just wash them and be done with it. Plus, I don't
>>mind washing dishes.
>>
>>Serene

>If I didn't know better, I'd say you need a job and you need to cook
>more.... but you're just plain "different".

Heh. Usually, I have at least two jobs (I'm down to two right now),
and I cook three hot meals a day, almost every day. Right now, I've
got ginger cookies in the oven.

> I hate washing dishes. I
>break more dishes when my dishwasher is on the blink and I have to
>hand wash than during the entire time the dishwasher worked. That's a
>good enough reason to me to use a dishwasher, but I think it gets
>dishes a lot cleaner (and we stay healthier) than I do on my own.

Yeah, I totally get everyone's reasons for liking them. They just
haven't worked out for me, and I find the actual task of washing
dishes to be almost meditative.

(Not that I'm gonna complain if someone does them FOR me, you
understand.)

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene > wrote:

> Heh. Usually, I have at least two jobs (I'm down to two right now),
> and I cook three hot meals a day, almost every day. Right now, I've
> got ginger cookies in the oven.

Heh.

The most jobs I ever held at one time was 4...

Mom was still alive back then tho' so she did most of the cooking etc.
She lived here with me until she died and I took care of _her_ the last
6 months of her life whens she became a total invalid. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene > wrote:

> Yeah, I totally get everyone's reasons for liking them. They just
> haven't worked out for me, and I find the actual task of washing
> dishes to be almost meditative.

Ditto here.
I wash dishes usually twice per day (or more as needed) and it takes me
all of 5 minutes tops. I often use it to kill time when pans etc. are
heating.

When I'm cooking, I clean pots and utensils as I go so the kitchen is
clean when I'm done except for the dishes being used to serve the meal.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.