Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC website Survey 2006-10-23: Survey about the surveys...

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now!

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

#3 needs an answer, "I don't know how/who/where to suggest a
survey and possible answers"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

C'MON folks...get out and VOTE!!!

Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives and vote for DAILY surveys!!!

This is easily the most important survey yet!

Don't LURK! BE COUNTED!!!

Andy
Vote early and often
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Andy wrote:

> C'MON folks...get out and VOTE!!!
>
> Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives and vote for DAILY surveys!!!
>
> This is easily the most important survey yet!
>
> Don't LURK! BE COUNTED!!!

There's no evidence that the surveyor recognizes sarcasm....

The numerator of the "who is interested in surveys" fraction is the
number of respondents. The denominator is the total number of viewers,
which is not knowable. (The website administrator can count clicks on
the website, but not viewers of the rfc group.) Only Cathy can
determine whether it's worth her effort, but many surveys elicit fewer
than 100 votes.... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23 Oct 2006 14:12:18 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>>
>> C'MON folks...get out and VOTE!!!
>>
>> Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives and vote for DAILY surveys!!!
>>
>> This is easily the most important survey yet!
>>
>> Don't LURK! BE COUNTED!!!

>There's no evidence that the surveyor recognizes sarcasm....

Depends on the type of sarcasm. Cathy has an outstanding sense of
humor. And I think Andy's pretty serious about wanting a daily
survey. My concern with that is that we'd probably run out of things
to ask questions about to quickly that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> C'MON folks...get out and VOTE!!!
>>
>> Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives and vote for DAILY surveys!!!
>>
>> This is easily the most important survey yet!
>>
>> Don't LURK! BE COUNTED!!!
>>

> There's no evidence that the surveyor recognizes sarcasm....
>
> The numerator of the "who is interested in surveys" fraction is the
> number of respondents. The denominator is the total number of viewers,
> which is not knowable. (The website administrator can count clicks on
> the website, but not viewers of the rfc group.) Only Cathy can
> determine whether it's worth her effort, but many surveys elicit fewer
> than 100 votes.... -aem

I like to vote.

Take a break from serious!

Geez...

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:19:43 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>I like to vote.
>
>Take a break from serious!
>
>Geez...

Okay, here's one.

Are you a serious cook?
Cooking is no laughing matter
I make Martha Stewart look like a slob when I entertain
I wear my white jacket and poofy hat when I cook
I wear my husband's tighty whities on my head when I cook
Do we *really* need paper plates? Aren't napkins enough?

I could go on ....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:19:43 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>I like to vote.
>>
>>Take a break from serious!
>>
>>Geez...

> Okay, here's one.
>
> Are you a serious cook?
> Cooking is no laughing matter
> I make Martha Stewart look like a slob when I entertain
> I wear my white jacket and poofy hat when I cook
> I wear my husband's tighty whities on my head when I cook
> Do we *really* need paper plates? Aren't napkins enough?
>
> I could go on ....

Good poll but I don't see any levers or buttons or #2 pencil squares to
fill in.

I vote lots of polls at http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl and elsewhere.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:41:02 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress said...
>
>> Are you a serious cook?
>> Cooking is no laughing matter
>> I make Martha Stewart look like a slob when I entertain
>> I wear my white jacket and poofy hat when I cook
>> I wear my husband's tighty whities on my head when I cook
>> Do we *really* need paper plates? Aren't napkins enough?

>Good poll but I don't see any levers or buttons or #2 pencil squares to
>fill in.

We use chads. Cathy uses them for confetti for her kidlet's birthday
parties.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:18:42 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress My concern
with that is that we'd probably run out of things
>to ask questions about to quickly that way.

Plus, I am thinking we would get very weary of them very quickly...and
they would stop being fun.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney said...

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:18:42 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress My concern
> with that is that we'd probably run out of things
>>to ask questions about to quickly that way.

> Plus, I am thinking we would get very weary of them very quickly...and
> they would stop being fun.
>
> Christine

But... but... wouldn't that be the equivalent of running out of things to
talk about??

Taking part in r.f.c--usneet is a neverending series of unstructured
opinion polls, after all, isn't it?!?

Cathy will certainly do as she wishes. We're just the bozos she's kind
enough to entertain in one manner or another.

Thanks, Cathy!

Andy
CotD #2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Chatty Cathy said...
>
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >
> > Vote now!

> C'MON folks...get out and VOTE!!!
>
> Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives and vote for DAILY surveys!!!
>
> This is easily the most important survey yet!
>
> Don't LURK! BE COUNTED!!!
>

> Andy
> Vote early and often

Heh!

CC has put up one heckuva cool website. :-)

Daily surveys would be too hard on her, unless she got a LOT more list
participation!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:19:34 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now!

Of course after this vote you have to figure out what twice a week
means. LOL

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:44:57 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Take 30 seconds out of your hectic lives

*Thirty* seconds? That long????? OMG

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:41:02 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>I vote lots of polls at http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl and elsewhere.

How did you run across those sites?

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:10:48 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>CC has put up one heckuva cool website. :-)
>
>Daily surveys would be too hard on her, unless she got a LOT more list
>participation!

Cathy has done an awesome job! I visited the old rfc web site once or
twice a year at best. Now I do it at least once or twice a week. She
has done a great job of making us all aware of it and giving it some
interest to the general rfc reader. I love the tabs for time,
currency and units. She made everything sooo easy to find.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Of course after this vote you have to figure out what twice a week
> means. LOL

Yup! LOL. And I am still trying to figure out how long to leave the
survey about the survey there before changing it <veg>.

BTW, I want to thank the posters who have sent in more suggestions!
Please keep them coming

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Cathy has done an awesome job! I visited the old rfc web site once or
> twice a year at best. Now I do it at least once or twice a week. She
> has done a great job of making us all aware of it and giving it some
> interest to the general rfc reader. I love the tabs for time,
> currency and units. She made everything sooo easy to find.

Thanks for saying so, sf. <blush> But I only put the stuff on the
website and try to "make it look pretty", and have added a few "bells
and whistles". Damsel started this site - way back when - but
unfortunately the guys that took over from her "moved on to other
things", so they put out a call for someone to take over. I volunteered
Damsel and a lot of other RFC-ers (including yourself) have made this
site what it is - by supplying me with new content and/or giving me good
ideas, so thank them, not me.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:58:18 -0700, sf wrote:

>Cathy has done an awesome job! I visited the old rfc web site once or
>twice a year at best. Now I do it at least once or twice a week. She
>has done a great job of making us all aware of it and giving it some
>interest to the general rfc reader. I love the tabs for time,
>currency and units. She made everything sooo easy to find.

It's my home page. Cathy's doing a fantastic job.

Thanks, lady!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote:

> The site is great and I am not alone in thanking you for your efforts.

Thank you for saying so. You also have a very nice site (that's why I
wanted to put it in the the "Useful links" section). And not just the
cooking pages, I agree with your web site design page too.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Mayonnaise or salad dressing. Blows have been thrown over this.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Chatty Cathy > said:
> sf wrote:

> > Cathy has done an awesome job! I visited the old rfc web site once or
> > twice a year at best. Now I do it at least once or twice a week. She
> > has done a great job of making us all aware of it and giving it some
> > interest to the general rfc reader. I love the tabs for time,
> > currency and units. She made everything sooo easy to find.
> >

> Thanks for saying so, sf. <blush> But I only put the stuff on the
> website and try to "make it look pretty", and have added a few "bells
> and whistles". Damsel started this site - way back when - but
> unfortunately the guys that took over from her "moved on to other
> things", so they put out a call for someone to take over. I volunteered

Hey, so did I! But I just couldn't get my act together -- heck,
it's *still* not quite together. I'm really glad you're handling
it, you're doing an excellent job.

> Damsel and a lot of other RFC-ers (including yourself) have made

this
> site what it is - by supplying me with new content and/or giving me good
> ideas, so thank them, not me.

Yeah, but what good are ideas if no one impliments them? You deserve
much of the credit, modest or not... :-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice said...

> Yeah, but what good are ideas if no one impliments them? You deserve
> much of the credit, modest or not... :-)

Agreed.

Cathy brought us the RFC'ers map, which I own most of (btw, then took
over the r.f.c webpages, implementing polls, etc.!

[applause: ON]

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:37:50 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Cathy brought us the RFC'ers map, which I own most of (btw, then took
>over the r.f.c webpages, implementing polls, etc.!

No she didn't. I am the caretaker of the rfc map.

But, she put the link to it, on the website.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney said...

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:37:50 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>

>>Cathy brought us the RFC'ers map, which I own most of (btw, then took
>>over the r.f.c webpages, implementing polls, etc.!
>>

> No she didn't. I am the caretaker of the rfc map.
>
> But, she put the link to it, on the website.
>
> Christine

My humblest apologies!

How about dinner and dancing??

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:51:17 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>How about dinner and dancing??
>
>Andy

Dinner yes..but no dancing.... LOL
I am still on crutches...

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote

> Thank you for saying so. You also have a very nice site (that's why I
> wanted to put it in the the "Useful links" section). And not just the
> cooking pages, I agree with your web site design page too.

When you first redid the site, it would startle me because I thought
somehow you got a picture of mine. I took it when we had the
virtual soup cookin, I made garlic soup. Garlic and cutting boards
on the brain.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2h31rg4.jpg

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:02:22 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>

>> Cathy has done an awesome job! I visited the old rfc web site once or
>> twice a year at best. Now I do it at least once or twice a week. She
>> has done a great job of making us all aware of it and giving it some
>> interest to the general rfc reader. I love the tabs for time,
>> currency and units. She made everything sooo easy to find.
>>

>Thanks for saying so, sf. <blush> But I only put the stuff on the
>website and try to "make it look pretty", and have added a few "bells
>and whistles". Damsel started this site - way back when - but
>unfortunately the guys that took over from her "moved on to other
>things", so they put out a call for someone to take over. I volunteered
> Damsel and a lot of other RFC-ers (including yourself) have made this
>site what it is - by supplying me with new content and/or giving me good
>ideas, so thank them, not me.

OK, so you've supplied the grunt work. You've done a fantastic job,
so just sit back, take the compliments and stop acting so darned
*female*.

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:51:17 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>

>> How about dinner and dancing??
>>
>> Andy

> Dinner yes..but no dancing.... LOL
> I am still on crutches...

Pssssst! You forgot to tell him to bring flowers and chocolates too,
when he picks you up in the limo.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> OK, so you've supplied the grunt work. You've done a fantastic job,
> so just sit back, take the compliments and stop acting so darned
> *female*.

Yes Dear. LOL

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:58:45 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:

>> Dinner yes..but no dancing.... LOL
>> I am still on crutches...

>Pssssst! You forgot to tell him to bring flowers and chocolates too,
>when he picks you up in the limo.

That's okay. When he takes me to dinner at the place of my choosing,
chocolates and flowers won't matter.

Of course, he might have a heart attack when he finds out where I am
expecting to go, and then it will be a moot point.

Christine, who really appreciates very fine dining
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:08:11 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>

>> OK, so you've supplied the grunt work. You've done a fantastic job,
>> so just sit back, take the compliments and stop acting so darned
>> *female*.
>>

>Yes Dear. LOL

we have a break through!

lol

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:51:17 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>

>>> How about dinner and dancing??
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Dinner yes..but no dancing.... LOL
>> I am still on crutches...

> Pssssst! You forgot to tell him to bring flowers and chocolates too,
> when he picks you up in the limo.

LIMO? NO, No, no. think AIRPLANE!!! The world is our oyster!!!

Andy