See Hear

Default Grilled Rocha Pears with Bacon, Mango & Lemon Breakfast

OK - the Pears HAVE to be unripe and VERY crispy. A LOT less sugar.
The Mango - you dont use much - so have a kid with a sweet tooth handy.

Wash the pear - small ones from Portugal - about 3 oz each. Size of a BIG
hens Egg.
DONT peel it. (Its 1 per portion)
Slice it head-down into four.
Under a VERY hot grill, or in a George Forman setup, NO OIL - let the slices
take colour.
Meanwhile, take the flesh from 1/4 SOFT RIPE Mango and mash with a fork and
mix in the fine grated zest of a Lemon and a squirt of Lemon Juice.
Arrange the Grilled pear slices on a serving plate with a couple of rashers
of Grilled Smoked Bacon. Drizzle the Mango "Sauce" over the grilled pears.
ENJOY, with a slice of toasted Stoneground Wholemeal bread, spread with the
teeniest amount of Roquefort spreadable.

Fasting bloods were 6.4
1 Hour after this feast, 8.6
2 Hours - 6.9
By Lunchtime, 5.9

Nicky

"See Hear" > wrote in message
> OK - the Pears HAVE to be unripe and VERY crispy. A LOT less sugar.
> The Mango - you dont use much - so have a kid with a sweet tooth handy.
>
> Wash the pear - small ones from Portugal - about 3 oz each. Size of a BIG
> hens Egg.
> DONT peel it. (Its 1 per portion)
> Slice it head-down into four.
> Under a VERY hot grill, or in a George Forman setup, NO OIL - let the
> slices take colour.
> Meanwhile, take the flesh from 1/4 SOFT RIPE Mango and mash with a fork
> and mix in the fine grated zest of a Lemon and a squirt of Lemon Juice.
> Arrange the Grilled pear slices on a serving plate with a couple of
> rashers of Grilled Smoked Bacon. Drizzle the Mango "Sauce" over the
> grilled pears.
> ENJOY, with a slice of toasted Stoneground Wholemeal bread, spread with
> the teeniest amount of Roquefort spreadable.
>
> Fasting bloods were 6.4
> 1 Hour after this feast, 8.6
> 2 Hours - 6.9
> By Lunchtime, 5.9

Sounds nice - but I think I'd try it without the toast, 8.6 is a bit rich
for me!

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004