bill

Default asian cooking

I noticed lately that if I eat hot and sour soup from the Chinese restaraunt
for supper my glucose level the following morning drops significantly from
my average readings even though I snack on carbohydrates afterwards. I am
really supprised over this.

Does Asian cooking help diabetics??

Bill

Nicky

"bill" > wrote in message
>I noticed lately that if I eat hot and sour soup from the Chinese
>restaraunt for supper my glucose level the following morning drops
>significantly from my average readings even though I snack on
>carbohydrates afterwards. I am really supprised over this.
>
> Does Asian cooking help diabetics??

Hmmm - mine is generally up a bit from a Chinese meal, and level from an
Indian one. I wonder if it's the "sour" in the hot and sour soup doing the
business?

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
1g Metformin, 87.5ug Thyroxine

bill

could be the sour ... vinegar perhaps?

bill

"Nicky" > wrote in message

> "bill" > wrote in message
>>I noticed lately that if I eat hot and sour soup from the Chinese
>>restaraunt for supper my glucose level the following morning drops
>>significantly from my average readings even though I snack on
>>carbohydrates afterwards. I am really supprised over this.
>>
>> Does Asian cooking help diabetics??

> Hmmm - mine is generally up a bit from a Chinese meal, and level from an
> Indian one. I wonder if it's the "sour" in the hot and sour soup doing the
> business?
>
> Nicky.
>
> --
> A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
> 1g Metformin, 87.5ug Thyroxine
> T2 DX 05/2004

Hahabogus

"bill" > wrote in :

> I noticed lately that if I eat hot and sour soup from the Chinese
> restaraunt for supper my glucose level the following morning drops
> significantly from my average readings even though I snack on
> carbohydrates afterwards. I am really supprised over this.
>
> Does Asian cooking help diabetics??
>
> Bill

If I can find anyone to do the cooking I'm happy; Asian, British,
Mexican...I don't care; just it would be nice not to have to cook every
night at home.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban

Asian Cooking Style tan Asian Cooking 10 07-02-2012 09:55 AM
Cheese in Asian cooking? merryb General Cooking 80 28-09-2011 02:35 AM
Asian Cooking hailyjohn Asian Cooking 3 03-03-2011 05:58 AM
Asian Cooking Q Serendipity General Cooking 17 16-04-2005 04:21 AM
Asian Cooking [email protected] General Cooking 8 16-04-2004 04:53 AM