Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/07/2013 11:00 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
>> On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 22:05:06 -0700
>> Todd > wrote:
>>
>>> Speaking of hybridized fruit for carbs, mainly sweetness
>>> as you accurately pointed out, have you looked at the carbs
>>> in an orange lately? One golf ball sized orange: 11g;
>>> one normal sized orange: 22g. Yikes!
>>>
>>> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1966/2

Golf balled orange? Where do you find those? Not that I ever ate oranges.
Yuck.

>> Yup. I gave up oranges when I finally got the
>> message about fructose. I switched to limes sweetened with
>> dextrose. This still seems to give me a little trouble,
>> so I have ordered some 99.8% reagent grade glucose (same as
>> dextrose). I suspect the dextrose from the health food store
>> is contaminated with fructose.
>>

> Just looked up a "medium apple": 25 grams. Yikes!
> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1809/2
> Definitely not a free food.

Who said that it was? You do know what a free food is...right? I can eat
apples with no BG problems. I just don't desire an apple or any fruit very
often so rarely ever eat them.

> Just looked up strawberries too: 1 cup, 12 grams.
> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/2064/2
> That could probably be worked with. Maybe a 1/4 cup smashed
> into some butter for a hot topping. The local orgaic farms
> grows them, but they closed for the season. :'(

Well that sounds right nasty! And what would you be topping with that?