Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ooops.

Hi All,

When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
(eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
(and turn down the stinkin' burner.)

Just grumbling.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>
> Just grumbling.

Been there, done that, wife grumbles. I have an electronic timer that can
count down seconds ... set it for 1 minute 20 seconds, put butter in thee
pan, start timer. BEEP BEEP - oh yes, that's the timer, not the smoke
detector :-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/31/2013 12:57 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
> Todd wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
>> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
>> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
>> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
>> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>>
>> Just grumbling.
>>

> Been there, done that, wife grumbles. I have an electronic timer that can
> count down seconds ... set it for 1 minute 20 seconds, put butter in thee
> pan, start timer. BEEP BEEP - oh yes, that's the timer, not the smoke
> detector :-)

Hi Bjørn,

Back in November, tried to get the filling right
for musaka. (Love Greek food.) I burned my last
three egg plants of the season. (I might have
said a bad word or two -- not an admission that
I cuss.) Still haven't quite figured out how I
managed to do that. Will have to wait for spring
to try again.

Oh man it stunk. And of course, I had to taste
some to see how bad it was. Tasted as bad
as it smelled.

Okay, I have burned butter and eggplant. I am
ready to try burning water! :'(

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>
> Just grumbling.
>
> -T

I like to scrambled eggs in butter that has started to brown.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
>> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
>> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
>> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
>> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>>
>> Just grumbling.
>>
>> -T

> I like to scrambled eggs in butter that has started to brown.

Doesn't it give a burnt taste?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

brown butter is a very French/chef/foodie/yummy way to flavor foods

it is a fine line between brown and burnt though...brown is nutty and
yummy..burn..not so much..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote ...

Doesn't it give a burnt taste?

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote ...
> I like to scrambled eggs in butter that has started to brown.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
(eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
(and turn down the stinkin' burner.)

Just grumbling.

-T
Thinking maybe the Lord is punishing you for putting cream in scrambled eggs. What is up with that?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

bigwheel > wrote:

: Todd;1808990 Wrote:
: > Hi All,
: >
: > When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
: > (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
: > pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
: > Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
: > (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
: >
: > Just grumbling.
: >
: > -T

: Thinking maybe the Lord is punishing you for putting cream in scrambled
: eggs. What is up with that?

: --
: bigwheel

Just saw a couple of French trained chefs on TV yesterday putting cream
into omelettes they were making. I guess it woudl work for scdrabled eggs
too. Imake my scrambled eggs by throwing the eggs ito a pan and then
mixing them with a fork so there is white and yellow mixed. As S&P and
good to go.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/03/2013 03:00 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> Todd;1808990 Wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
>> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
>> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
>> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
>> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>>
>> Just grumbling.
>>
>> -T

> Thinking maybe the Lord is punishing you for putting cream in scrambled
> eggs. What is up with that?

Hi Bigwheel,

Sort of like when a fisherman lives an unrighteous life, dies,
and is forced to play golf for eternity.

Okay, here is my "stink at it" limited knowledge on scrambled eggs:

I use organic eggs from a local farmer ($3.00/doz, a real find).
They taste so good.

I cook them on a low heat. If the eggs brown, the pan is too hot.

I cook them in butter.

I break them up in the pan with my spatula (like Wendy does). I have
tried mixing them up in a bowl, but it is easier to break them up in
the pan and both my wife and I think the spatula method tastes better.
Also noticed that pepper clumps up when I whip them and someone
gets a hot foot.

I add salt and pepper (also like Wendy).

I add organic Heavy Whipping Cream ($3.27/pint at Trader Joe's).

Okay. I have also tried goat's milk (cows milk gives me ...),
cream cheese, and sour cream. Goat's milk was the best, but
it is on my heavily restricted list due to the carbs. Close
second was (zero carb) whipping cream. Cream cheese was a pain
in the butt. Sour cream: so, so. Tried sauting some onions
first, but its just wasn't right.

So, please how would you improve? What do you use instead
of cream?

I am looking forward to better tasting scrambled eggs!

-T

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

[quote=Todd; So, please how would you improve? What do you use instead
of cream? I am looking forward to better tasting scrambled eggs! -T[/QUOTE]

Only thing allowed in my scrambled eggs is eggs with s&p cooked in a little butter. I make them like I was taught. Warm up the skillet with the butter..add the eggs and wait till they have set up a little and start giving them a mangle with your weapon of choice. Fork works well as does an egg turner. Dust with the S&P. Gives superior flavor to them which was mangled prior to cooking. That is how old widder ladies do it. Now have seen some folks add cow stuff but only for making omelets. I dont eat much junk like that so dont run into the issue often. Fella I used to know made real good omelets but think he added a little cold water as opposed to dairy products.

Ooops! but Save! jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 30 25-03-2013 07:13 PM
Nearly a big OOOPS jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 9 28-09-2008 10:07 PM
Ooops again! Nancy Young General Cooking 7 18-10-2007 08:23 AM
OOOPS Jerry DeAngelis General Cooking 0 02-05-2006 03:31 AM
Ooops.. don't forget that banana! Goomba38 General Cooking 7 19-11-2004 02:28 AM