Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Ooops.

On 02/03/2013 03:00 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> Todd;1808990 Wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I went to make scrambled eggs this morning
>> (eggs, cream, s & p), I burned the butter on the
>> pan. Who does that? Man, I stink as a cook.
>> Fortunately, all I had to do is wipe the pan out.
>> (and turn down the stinkin' burner.)
>>
>> Just grumbling.
>>
>> -T

> Thinking maybe the Lord is punishing you for putting cream in scrambled
> eggs. What is up with that?

Hi Bigwheel,

Sort of like when a fisherman lives an unrighteous life, dies,
and is forced to play golf for eternity.

Okay, here is my "stink at it" limited knowledge on scrambled eggs:

I use organic eggs from a local farmer ($3.00/doz, a real find).
They taste so good.

I cook them on a low heat. If the eggs brown, the pan is too hot.

I cook them in butter.

I break them up in the pan with my spatula (like Wendy does). I have
tried mixing them up in a bowl, but it is easier to break them up in
the pan and both my wife and I think the spatula method tastes better.
Also noticed that pepper clumps up when I whip them and someone
gets a hot foot.

I add salt and pepper (also like Wendy).

I add organic Heavy Whipping Cream ($3.27/pint at Trader Joe's).

Okay. I have also tried goat's milk (cows milk gives me ...),
cream cheese, and sour cream. Goat's milk was the best, but
it is on my heavily restricted list due to the carbs. Close
second was (zero carb) whipping cream. Cream cheese was a pain
in the butt. Sour cream: so, so. Tried sauting some onions
first, but its just wasn't right.

So, please how would you improve? What do you use instead
of cream?

I am looking forward to better tasting scrambled eggs!

-T