Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default tried kale chips

huge thumbs up!

I washed then dried the kale and mixed with olive oil and land o lakes sour
cream and onion popcorn flavor salt and baked on cookie sheets lined with
parchment for 15 minutes at 350.

they were crisp and tasted just like a sour cream potato chip..same taste
and texture so was a total win!

I wonder if this would work on Brussels sprout leaves?

I hate Brussels and this would be the only way id eat them..lol

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM wrote:
> huge thumbs up!
>
> I washed then dried the kale and mixed with olive oil and land o
> lakes sour cream and onion popcorn flavor salt and baked on cookie
> sheets lined with parchment for 15 minutes at 350.
>
> they were crisp and tasted just like a sour cream potato chip..same
> taste and texture so was a total win!
>
> I wonder if this would work on Brussels sprout leaves?
>
> I hate Brussels and this would be the only way id eat them..lol
>
> KROM

This sounds intriguing. Did you leave the kale leaves whole, chop them up
and mix with the sour cream, or what? What proportion of kale to sour cream
did you use?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> KROM wrote:
>> huge thumbs up!
>>
>> I washed then dried the kale and mixed with olive oil and land o
>> lakes sour cream and onion popcorn flavor salt and baked on cookie
>> sheets lined with parchment for 15 minutes at 350.
>>
>> they were crisp and tasted just like a sour cream potato chip..same
>> taste and texture so was a total win!
>>
>> I wonder if this would work on Brussels sprout leaves?
>>
>> I hate Brussels and this would be the only way id eat them..lol
>>
>> KROM

> This sounds intriguing. Did you leave the kale leaves whole, chop them up
> and mix with the sour cream, or what? What proportion of kale to sour
> cream did you use?

I used Jacques Pepin's recipe. Wash, cut in bite sized pieces and be sure
not to have the oven too hot. He mixed his with olive oil. I didn't like
them at all. Angela and my husband loved them. I bought her some that are
made with cashew cheese.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

make it and report back, if it works i will share with sister for her kids
grandkids, lol, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> huge thumbs up!
>
> I washed then dried the kale and mixed with olive oil and land o lakes
> sour cream and onion popcorn flavor salt and baked on cookie sheets lined
> with parchment for 15 minutes at 350.
>
> they were crisp and tasted just like a sour cream potato chip..same taste
> and texture so was a total win!
>
> I wonder if this would work on Brussels sprout leaves?
>
> I hate Brussels and this would be the only way id eat them..lol
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I cut the stalk out of the leaves and left them large..next time I will do
more bite size pieces.

I didnt use real sour cream..I used a flavored popcorn salt..it has no
carbs and next to no calories but tons of flavor

I washed the kale and dried it and rubbed olive oil on it and the salt and
baked..couldn't be easier.

one tip is if they aren't totally crisp..microwave them a minute after the
oven..also good if they lose their crispness next day

KROM

kale chips? Storrmmee General Cooking 19 02-05-2012 09:51 PM
just made some kale chips ImStillMags General Cooking 6 27-12-2011 09:00 PM
Kale and a local locoavore's recipe...using kale and garlicscapes ImStillMags General Cooking 1 01-07-2010 04:39 AM
Kale Chips Julie Bove Diabetic 1 21-03-2009 12:29 PM
Kale chips Jeanne Ketterer General Cooking 1 12-05-2005 04:12 AM